Exotic isotopes are now pretty much useless

AmiHale

Dark Projects Mk-1 have just both become marked as learnable at 150. Both now require 8 Refined Isotope Stabilizers, 1 Iokath Recombinator, and 1 Invasion Force. One takes 22mins and 30secs to craft and the other takes 15 mins with an influence 50 companion. So Exotic Isotopes I was using to get blue scraps for is now pointless except for lvl 60 gear. Thanks, Bioware.

I concur, I was buying em off the gtn hoping to invest before they shot up in price, now thanks to bio I'm out 30 millionish credits. Thanks again Bio for making me feel like an idiot for coming back to the game.

Same! i was stocking up for the update, and they make it completely worthless! Like I don't even think there are any recipes that still use it! It pisses me off beyond belief! It's essentially theft!

Edited by Saarthalian

Same! i was stocking up for the update, and they make it completely worthless! Like I don't even think there are any recipes that still use it! It pisses me off beyond belief! It's essentially theft!

SWTOR has always suffered from this evolution of materials making old ones obsolete. You should have used them to make Dark Projects before the update. Never trust that schematics or materials will be retained when the Devs are unusually silent about details prior to a major update. It's why I'm super worried (as much as one can be about a video game) about the new augments. At least multiple dev sources stated they will use the same materials.

Do Grade 1 still drop from EC or that has been changed to Grade 2?

Yes, if by EC you mean Eternal Championship.

yes, some of the I think 216 or 220 gear

Which is useless because you can craft 220 stuff and not use any exotic materials.

That said, my advice: hold on to what you have because one day - if the game lasts that long - they may perform another exotic material conversion, like they did in 4.0; all the old exotics were converted into EIS

Which is useless because you can craft 220 stuff and not use any exotic materials.

That said, my advice: hold on to what you have because one day - if the game lasts that long - they may perform another exotic material conversion, like they did in 4.0; all the old exotics were converted into EIS

But that same conversion never happened with 5.0. Granted, the nature of the initial version of galactic command precluded that. To borrow from SCORPIO, the only thing I predict is that 6.0 will be unpredictable. :p

But that same conversion never happened with 5.0. Granted, the nature of the initial version of galactic command precluded that. To borrow from SCORPIO, the only thing I predict is that 6.0 will be unpredictable. :p

I never said that the conversion would happen in 6.0...it took from 1.0 to 4.0 to have the first conversion to happen (the conversion was of old grade 7 and 8 exotic materials into newer exotic materials). What I meant was that you have older exotic materials that are no longer useful, don't get rid of them. Sock them away, because one day in the future they might get upgraded.

Edited by psandak

I find that unlikely. It seems the policy is to add new mats and tokens and have them locked behind paywall and new content. Also, reducing isotopes to MM FPs and OPs is plain stupid, that is not the way to increase players' interests.