Maintenance: 28 November 2017

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, November 28th in order to apply Game Update 5.6. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:

DATE: 28 November 2017

TIME: 5:00AM - 9:00AM PST (1300 - 1700 GMT)

VERSION: 5.6

Patch Notes will be available on Monday, here.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bonjour tout le monde !

Les serveurs seront hors ligne le 28 novembre afin de mettre en place la mise à jour 5.6. Le site web sera indisponible durant cette période.

Détails :

DATE : 28 novembre 2017

HEURE : 1400h (heure de Paris) à 1800h (heure de Paris)

VERSION : 5.6

Merci de votre patience pendant la maintenance de Star Wars™ : The Old Republic™ !

Hallo miteinander!

Am 28. November werden wir die Server herunterfahren, um Spiel-Update 5.6 aufzuspielen. In diesem Zeitraum wird die Website ebenfalls nicht erreichbar sein.

Details:

DATUM: 28. November 2017

ZEIT: 1500Uhr MEZ bis 1700Uhr MEZ

VERSION: 5.6

Danke für eure Geduld, während wir die Dienste für Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ aktualisieren.

In the german forum....

Congratulations this time the right time zone was called, but the time is not right.

Additional information: In France and Germany is the same time.

Incorrect: "15:00 Uhr MEZ bis 17:00 Uhr MEZ"

Correct: "14:00 Uhr MEZ bis 18:00 Uhr MEZ"

Incoming fix for the glass eyes? Please?

Really? With all of the faults in this game and the shiny eyes are the thing that you think is most important to fix?

I'd much rather the group looting problems get attention after TWO- YEARS of everyone but the first person to loot having to stop at each loot and pick up.

Really? With all of the faults in this game and the shiny eyes are the thing that you think is most important to fix?

Yes it is. Without fixing the reflections there is no point in playing story or space barbie, and there are better games just for MMO content.

Edited by Mubrak

It isn't your character eyes they are referring to, it is NPC eyes that are shinny

Sorry friend, but it is my toons' eyes. Whites are shiny yellowish and eye colors are almost non-existant and really dark. Only eyes that show properly are the irises of the glowing "sith" eyes. Everything else sucks - my bright blue eyes are dark grey due to this (as an example). :(

Sorry friend, but it is my toons' eyes. Whites are shiny yellowish and eye colors are almost non-existant and really dark. Only eyes that show properly are the irises of the glowing "sith" eyes. Everything else sucks - my bright blue eyes are dark grey due to this (as an example). :(

It's character and NPC eyes, reflection on armor (glossy plastic looks like metal) and overall surfaces in the game being much too reflective, with surfaces that actually are supposed to be reflective (e.g. glass on painting decorations) showing a clear image of the reflection texture, making it seem like a window, because the reflected image you see is not what actually is behind you.

And no, after 7 weeks of putting my current story char on hold until this is fixed, it's not overreacting to expect a fix in what might be the last larger patch before the holidays.

Edited by Mubrak

It isn't your character eyes they are referring to, it is NPC eyes that are shinny

My characters do have issues with the eyes so it's not just npc's were talking about here. Just outside the pupils (upper half of the pupils) on the left and right side there is sort of a whitish shimmery effect that makes all my characters look like drug addicts or something.

I dunno if it's noticeable at all resolutions but at 1080p with ultra setttings I definitely notice it.

Edit: Here's a picture http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo225/Silah_Eerie/eyes%20swtor_zps31farnqg.jpg

I use the white pupil option from the cartel market but you will see white blotches around the pupils as if someone took some white out and marked some parts of the eyes like a 5-year-old.

Edited by Tsillah

And glimpse you shall! Lord Ptach cometh: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes (5.6 notes are live!)

-eric

O Mighty Lord Ptach, thou hast fixed-eth the sparkly eye bug! *bows down*

...but thou hast not fixed-eth the female cathar bug? O Great Lord Ptach, we humbly beseech-eth thee for change!

Also, Lord Ptach, WHOA HOLY HECK SPOILER THERE at the top of the page. :eek: Um...yeah...I knew who the Umbara traitor was, but for everybody who doesn't know yet...geez...