Force bubble way OP

heechJunzi

Knock back is off topic, but to quickly give my two cents, it is absolutely brilliant the way it is. (1) The "a lot of sages" you are referring are less than 1% of the total number. (2) Also this is a pvp board. Talking about pave is off topic.

1) This percentage is from where exactly?

2) Classes are universal, PvP and PvE, changing how they work because of one will have an affect on the other. So it's not really off topic.

Hopefully this will be left alone and people will quit whining. Logging in to find your class has been altered for the worse because some PvPers cried about it rather than learning to deal with it does not bode well for the longevity of a PvE game :S

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I've always been a sorc fan- even I have to agree that the stun should be removed/reduced for other players (not back to mez though, unintentional mezzes benefit the other team because of all the dots/aoe which is why it used to be almost a negative to pick that talent).

Bioware- sorcs have been telling you since 1.2 what is wrong and right with the class- and for months we've been saying how the long heal casts, long DPS casts and low damage output have made the class immobile and lacking in burst damage and survivability while casting- the ONLY thing that has been widely accepted by sorcs is that a- our CC is fine, and b- our bubble is our best ability.

WHY did you ignore all that feedback, and buff our CC and bubble? Does any team even take a sorc- or do they take 'that class with the bubble'?

Scale back the stun a little- either reduce the stun length a bit or make it less effective for allies- but maybe give sorcs something else- like burst in our DAMAGE DEALING specs, or mobility for our casts. I have no doubt though BW's going to simply remove the CC altogether and maybe nerf force lightning damage while they're at it.

Ive been in a few games with 2 sorc healers in that spec this evening. Conclusion :

-Knockback was annoing (root), still i constider it balanced.

- barely ever got stunned by the bubble, just broke it with ranged attacks and any class apart from knights/warriors can do that and well knights warriors deserve it to be honest :D

-i stun a sorc he stuns me back with removing bubble - guess what he gave me a presant, a sorc with no bubble, 2 seconds, dead sorc.

Apart from that stunbubble sorc will never get even close to the healing a 31 heal sorc will get.

Should it be looked at? Maby, but this game has bigger imbalance issues at the moment (lolsentinels/lolmarauders).

Edited by SajPl

Ive been in a few games with 2 sorc healers in that spec this evening. Conclusion :

-Knockback was annoing (root), still i constider it balanced.

- barely ever got stunned by the bubble, just broke it with ranged attacks and any class apart from knights/warriors can do that and well knights warriors deserve it to be honest :D

-i stun a sorc he stuns me back with removing bubble - guess what he gave me a presant, a sorc with no bubble, 2 seconds, dead sorc.

Apart from that stunbubble sorc will never get even close to the healing a 31 heal sorc will get.

Should it be looked at? Maby, but this game has bigger imbalance issues at the moment (lolsentinels/lolmarauders).

Let me guess.. You play a ranged character?

(or better yet, you play melee and figured out how to break bubbles by staying outside range when it pops from dmg)

I posted this thread; Rock Meet Paper a few days after 1.4 hit. (shameless selfplug to my own thread I know)

I stand by my opinion; There is no need to nerf the blind bubbles except for one out of two potential fixes..

1) Let the bubbles give standard resolve (600)

OR

2) Make it impossible to manually click them to get on demand CC

Doing BOTH fixes will be going overboard (I would much rather have them revert them back to mezz instead of hard stun.) And here's why:

If the bubbles give standard resolve AND is unclickable, then they won't behave like any other stun (every single CC skill outside of the bubble is in the caster's control, not so if you can't unclick them) They will become a liability due to the enemy being able to top up on resolve at any point of the game.

(I just got stunned for 4 secs and lived NP, oh lookie there, a bubble, let me just get whitebarred so I can unload my main burst safely..)

The above WILL happen because I am not the best melee player in the game, and I WOULD do it all the time. Doesn't take a genius to figure out that bubbles = free whitebar after 1 full duration stun/mez)

Since the bubbles aren't influencing ranged players, there is a 100% valid counter to the bubble spam...

CHANGE YOUR GROUP COMPOSITION! (wauw! What a revelation)

The bubbles are the SOLE reason you don't see much QQ for nerfs on maras/sents... It's the only way to counter lolsmash (well, it's not a hard counter, but it delays death and makes life difficult for the melee assist train)

TL;DR

You've got ADD, go to the doctor and get diagnosed.

Edited by DaedalusV

1) This percentage is from where exactly?

2) Classes are universal, PvP and PvE, changing how they work because of one will have an affect on the other. So it's not really off topic.

Hopefully this will be left alone and people will quit whining. Logging in to find your class has been altered for the worse because some PvPers cried about it rather than learning to deal with it does not bode well for the longevity of a PvE game :S

1) number of complains after the change / (number of complains before the change + number of satisfactions after the change)

2) And even for pve I don't see the problem. Turning takes half a sec and and the knockback is now instant, so the overall time of cast would be the same. The whole pack of changes to sages is certainly not for the worse. Now if you think otherwise, what I can tell you... In any case this thread is about something else so we are both off topic. You can search the old ones and see for yourself.

Edited by MusicRider

Really contemplating unsubbing due to this grave imbalance. All I see is terrible terrible back peddling Sorcs/Sages running around now. For anyone who doesn't think it's OP'd (the bads), watch that video. Shows a Sorc who doesn't do anything but pop bubbles and bubble his team mates all game while rarely ever dipping below 100% HP or dying. Ridiculous that all these bads on these forums act like they're dying inside of one stun or in 2 seconds with proof like that staring them in the face that they play the most heinously OP'd and faceroll class in the game. 1.2 these scrubs or delete this kiddie class once and for all, Bio.

Really contemplating unsubbing due to this grave imbalance. All I see is terrible terrible back peddling Sorcs/Sages running around now. For anyone who doesn't think it's OP'd (the bads), watch that video. Shows a Sorc who doesn't do anything but pop bubbles and bubble his team mates all game while rarely ever dipping below 100% HP or dying. Ridiculous that all these bads on these forums act like they're dying inside of one stun or in 2 seconds with proof like that staring them in the face that they play the most heinously OP'd and faceroll class in the game. 1.2 these scrubs or delete this kiddie class once and for all, Bio.

Someone mad, l2p pop bubbles without getting stunned bro.

So roll a sorc/sage if they're so damn good. I didnt see you on the barricades back when they were 3 second kills. Had people like you not defended the real OP classes first chance you get there might have been some actual class balance in this game. The only reason sorcs/sages are specing hybrids is because it's the only way of surviving long enough to do something , and they're sacrificing their already poor dps because of it.

And yes you are playing an OP class because as ranged it wouldnt be an issue. I'm more or less never getting stunned on my ranged classes. Or work on your awareness.

It's also funny how the people who complain never have a bubble throwing sorc/sage on their own team. That's a case for the mythbusters.

Having 30K AOE'es and more AOE damage per target than other classes have as single target burst = Fine

Getting bubble stunned = cries

Does not compute!

Edited by MidichIorian