Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Small Suggestion for Fixing Bubble

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
A Small Suggestion for Fixing Bubble

Methanos's Avatar

12.11.2012 , 08:56 AM | #1
I play a sage, specifically in PVP, and I have a small suggestion with regards to fixing the bubble stun in PVP matches.

The bubble currently stuns enemies within the break radius for 3 seconds, which effectively mitigates their active burst DPS by 100% for 3 seconds, unless they have full resolve or use their CC break.

As an alternative, I thought perhaps the 3 second stun could therefore be replaced by something like a 75% outgoing damage reduction for 3 seconds, on all enemies within the current radius of the effect. The remaining 25% damage output would reflect the possibility of the targets having full resolve in the current scenario, or using their CC break.

As a great deal of the upset regarding the bubble stun is psychological (in that players don't like to be continually incapacitated), this would allow players the freedom to use their skills, whilst presenting the challenge of timing their big hits so as not to correspond with the -75% debuff. The debuff could also be cleansable, but for 3 seconds, it wouldn't seem necessary.

To me, this seems a good way of maintaining the effectiveness of the skill, whilst improving the 'quality of life' for PVPers. I've never found use for it in PVE, and so my suggestion relates solely to the skill's effect in PVP, and on that basis, its current effect in PVE would go unchanged.

Ycoga's Avatar

12.11.2012 , 06:09 PM | #2
Not a bad idea... it's just that the stun is there to give the sage time to make an exit. The damage reduction wouldn't really stop the sage from being rooted, stunned etc, by a nearby enemy.
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

Methanos's Avatar

12.11.2012 , 11:07 PM | #3
Yeah, I guess there's no reason they couldn't just keep the stun on the caster as they've suggested.