William Shakespeare's Star Wars

Turn's out someones decided to rewrite a Shakespearean adapation of Episode IV: A New Hope (or rather "Verily, a New Hope") The writer - Ian Doescher - is also planning sequels "The Empire Striketh Back" and "The Jedi Doth Return"

Here's a book description taken from Amazon:

May the verse be with you! Inspired by one of the greatest creative minds in the English language - and William Shakespeare - here is an officially licensed retelling of George Lucas' epic Star Wars in the style of the immortal Bard of Avon. The saga of a wise (Jedi) knight and an evil (Sith) lord, of a beautiful princess held captive and a young hero coming of age, Star Wars abounds with all the valor and villainy of Shakespeare's greatest plays. Reimagined in glorious iambic pentameter, William Shakespeare's Star Wars will astound and edify learners and masters alike. Zounds! This is the book you're looking for.
And
a trailer!

As a fan of Star Wars and studying English literature, this couldn't be more perfect.

Geeks and nerds combine - excelsior! :D

Edited by Beniboybling

It's really good if you like Shakespeare as well as Star Wars (as I do). I finished reading it today and really enjoyed the rewrite. The story lends itself to Shakespeare really well, and the author makes some nice callbacks to several of Shakespeare's plays (and another sci-fi series too for that matter). I'd personally like to see it brought to the stage, as well as rewrites for Empire and Jedi.