Revan

bobbymozart

No, From Revan wanting to conquer the galaxy to Revan wanting to take over and fortify it against an unknown threat. Case isnt closed since you are to blind to see it.

We had no idea why Revan turned or why his own republic forces freely joined him in burning republic worlds.

We were given a possible explanation, that in all accounts went down to character opinion, you are making something out of nothing.

If you are merely going to repeat the same thing again, dont bother replying.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What i mean is, Revan originally was just a jedi who fell to the dark side and wanted the galaxy for himself, same with malak. Though kotor 2 changes this into what you see and hear in the game For good or bad though its still a "retcon".

Thank god tho Avellone didnt go with his original revan idea...that was Nihilus's mask was Revans skull.

Unfortunately Girdeux, you are incorrect. KOTOR makes it quite clear that Revan disappeared into the Unknown Regions after the war, and came back a Sith Lord. And it is implied that 'something' happened, though we are not told what. Obsidian with KOTOR 2 were merely expanding on what had already been established by BioWare, by shining light on what did happen.

And Lady is right, we are never actually told why Revan fell to the dark side, he simply did.

Regardless, you have yet to prove how KOTOR 2 's**t' on KOTOR 1 - if we for a moment pretended that this was a retcon, you'd find that Obsidian made a massive improvement to Revan's fall which in turn led to the creation of Revan and the very game you are playing now. If this was never established, and Revan 'just fell' neither the book nor this game would ever have existed.

So again, perhaps you'd like to elaborate.

The novel is terrible imho. I was extremely disappointed with it.

As for Revan in the game... I have my own interpretation about what was/is going on. If I am correct, then there would be space for an epic continuation of the whole plot. I will not write it here to not spoil anyone. BW, if you haven't come up with the conclusion yourself, please PM me. ;)

To be honest , in every Book that a Character dies its always said by said characters fanboys the Author ignored some Canon blah blah .

Everytime a Character dies a the Author is reported dealing with Death threats and bunch of Fanboy emo Mail .

With that said I did not care for the Book really , I do not see how it was titled Revan Novel when really it shined little light on what Revan is and what he can do really .

The Book itself kinda broke canon established in KotoR , funny enough Drew wrote that too .

At the end of KotoR it did not say Revan stayed to have a child before leaving .........

I mean really , you can pick apart any SW Book no matter who wrote it and we will be in a thread billions of pages long .

I like Both KotoR games , after some time of thought it really makes no sense to compare the two , they are both good .

KotoR II had to be better in ways too 1 ! If it did not reach that point of success it would be a total failure on Obsidian not Bioware .

My only dislikes of KotoR II is

1 . Every Sithlord had to be the extreme of powers

2 . Force Sever was rare until KotoR II

There are things I love about KotoR II more than one but this does not make me feel like I should hate on 1 . After all KotoR II had the advantage of being a sequel .

(Seems to me , we are in a world where authors can only come up with sequels with Villians vastly more powerful than last , instead of writing a character who is more smart than powerful . Take Thrawn series , done right by my Opinion )

I mean if you guys want to be upset at someone then ask Lucasfilms why there is no Meetra Figure ......

Revan figure is currently going for 80dollars plus ............ seriously ?

Edited by mefit

To be honest , in every Book that a Character dies its always said by said characters fanboys the Author ignored some Canon blah blah .

Everytime a Character dies a the Author is reported dealing with Death threats and bunch of Fanboy emo Mail .

With that said I did not care for the Book really , I do not see how it was titled Revan Novel when really it shined little light on what Revan is and what he can do really .

The Book itself kinda broke canon established in KotoR , funny enough Drew wrote that too .

At the end of KotoR it did not say Revan stayed to have a child before leaving .........

I mean really , you can pick apart any SW Book no matter who wrote it and we will be in a thread billions of pages long .

I like Both KotoR games , after some time of thought it really makes no sense to compare the two , they are both good .

KotoR II had to be better in ways too 1 ! If it did not reach that point of success it would be a total failure on Obsidian not Bioware .

My only dislikes of KotoR II is

1 . Every Sithlord had to be the extreme of powers

2 . Force Sever was rare until KotoR II

There are things I love about KotoR II more than one but this does not make me feel like I should hate on 1 . After all KotoR II had the advantage of being a sequel .

(Seems to me , we are in a world where authors can only come up with sequels with Villians vastly more powerful than last , instead of writing a character who is more smart than powerful . Take Thrawn series , done right by my Opinion )

I mean if you guys want to be upset at someone then ask Lucasfilms why there is no Meetra Figure ......

Revan figure is currently going for 80dollars plus ............ seriously ?

Cause Revan's a fuggin boss! But why u looking at toys anyways? lmao