DvL HM FPs are brutal - the good and the bad.

ForjKlahaa

So I started on HM FPs for DvL and I must be a masochist because I did 4 one after the other today. Never done HMs before. The fights weren't simple and that was a good thing. I felt a real sense of achievement when I finished one. Got told I was awesome (we were all awesome) one time and accused of being a troll another time because I accidentally pulled a pack of mobs when everyone was trying to skip everything.

Wiped about 5 time on Killran because someone else didn't know the tactics but that was a cool group and we managed it in the end even though our healer was only 55. Nobody got sh---y about it we just kept on until we managed it. Our tank left in Mandalorian Raiders and we managed to get down to the last set of turrets with no tank but a mid level healer comp but we wiped three times and thankfully no one gave up and a tank finally turned up to save our bacon.

It was exhausting and intermittently great fun and awful based on attitude of the particular group.

So I guess what I'm saying is, when it comes to group content, for everyone who wants more players taking part, you CAN tempt solo players into it, just don't be a d--k when things go wrong. I am mostly a solo player but those few good experiences have left me wanting more in spite of the few obnoxious players I had to deal with.

I plan to do more tomorrow and I hope everyone leaves the attitude at the door. If they do then, I might make this a regular thing. If they don't then I guess I'll just give up on DvL and they'll have one less player to badmouth.

Simple thing, don't go into group finder but find level 65's on the fleet or allies chat if your server has one, and premake a group then use GF. Saves the trouble of wiping, gets everything done faster because those guys are likely to need the same HM's as you and can do multiple runs quickly because everyone is max level.

Simple thing, don't go into group finder but find level 65's on the fleet or allies chat if your server has one, and premake a group then use GF. Saves the trouble of wiping, gets everything done faster because those guys are likely to need the same HM's as you and can do multiple runs quickly because everyone is max level.

Not sure how many takers I would get being relatively new to group content and even though I've done all the tacticals at least once, I don't know them well enough to lead the group through them all and I don't know most of the extra HM mechanics if they exist. Even though I've been cramming by reading guides, I don't have an idetic memory unfortunately. I'd be begging strangers to take the lead instead which is a bit weird if I'm the one putting the group together.

I'm not above just giving it a go though and seeing what happens. Also, I haven't heard of Allies Chat. I'm on TRE.

I don't know them well enough to lead the group through them all and I don't know most of the extra HM mechanics if they exist.

I'd be begging strangers to take the lead instead which is a bit weird if I'm the one putting the group together.

NO, NO, NO! :D lol

This isn't an Ops where you are Ops leader. It's a FPs that a good chance most have run many times before, unless you're the tank (which since you stated above you lost the tank so I assume not) you don't really need to lead anything. Just go with the tank you pickup. Follow their leads & pulls.

Just pug in general chat or if you have a guild see if anyone wants to group. Good luck!! Don't give up just yet. :)

The best thing you can do is say up front if you haven't done the flashpoint, either in HM or ever. 99% of the time the group will be cool with it, and one or two will be happy to explain the mechanics before the pull. In almost every HM, the mechanics can be done in one or two sentences, and also most of the time it's as simple as don't stand in circles, kill adds.