Launch Day Snipers

Kelderek

I offer up a toast to my fellow Agents who rolled a Sniper as a main from Day 1 of launch, early access, or even all the way back to beta testing. We have always consistently been the least played of all 16 ACs, lower even than Gunslingers (though not by much). But we stuck with it, knowing deep down inside how truly awesome it is to pew pew from a distance while in cover. Whether you mostly PVP or PVE, you've made sure that Snipers stay represented.

Whatever BW does with this class for better or for worse, it will always be my favorite to play. As we look at the many changes coming in 2.0 I think there's a good chance we'll see a significant rise in our ranks -- especially in PVP (which is not my area of expertise), but also in PVE as well. We're about to be a FotM class. I was a sniper before and I will be a sniper long after we stop being FotM.

So I tip my hat to all of you who stuck with the Sniper class from the very beginning.

Sorry but, there is nothing special about being a day 1 sniper. There is nothing special about being a least played class either. Your last line makes it sound like it was a difficult choice to play a sniper and that I had to play through horrible times in order to make it to where we are today.

We may become a FOTM class in 2.0, but there have also been other claims on classes being "op" on the pts. But even if we do become the FOTM it doesn't matter. It just means that we will probably get nerfed a bit to bring us in line with other classes. If you truly enjoy your class, then you will stick with it despite nerfs.

I love my sniper... I have played every AC to 50 and it is still my favorite. However, there is nothing special about me (or you) just because I enjoy the sniper over other classes and just because you have been a sniper from day 1.

This post seems too much like an attempt at trying to gain sympathy for playing a class that you supposedly enjoy. Implying that you superior because you are a day 1 sniper is pretty ridiculous, sorry.

Edited by Katrasle

I don't think I'm better than anyone else, I've just really enjoyed the class a lot and feel pride for sticking with the same class all of this time. What I'm saying is that I haven't jumped ship when something else was FotM.

Going with the least played class is a sign of non-conformity, it means I march to the beat of my own drum. I don't think I'm any better or superior because of that, I'm just going against the main. I don't see anything wrong with feeling pride about your class, it shows a certain bond between the player and the character, and to some degree that bond is what makes an RPG game fun for a lot of people.

Well, I started my Sniper a few months ago and only just got it fully geared WH and augmented like a week or two before the skill trees were released, and now I see everyone calling it overpowered, it makes me sad to think there's going to be loads of baddies playing it now simply to be FoTM.

We have always consistently been the least played of all 16 ACs, lower even than Gunslingers (though not by much).

That is not true, at least not on my server. Scoundrels / operatives are played less. Type Scoundrel or Operative in your search and you will find that (if less than 100 players per class are active), that ops/scoundrels are less in number.

I also think I saw some statistics that proofed my findings

I offer up a toast to my fellow Agents who rolled a Sniper as a main from Day 1 of launch, early access, or even all the way back to beta testing. We have always consistently been the least played of all 16 ACs, lower even than Gunslingers (though not by much). But we stuck with it, knowing deep down inside how truly awesome it is to pew pew from a distance while in cover. Whether you mostly PVP or PVE, you've made sure that Snipers stay represented.

Whatever BW does with this class for better or for worse, it will always be my favorite to play. As we look at the many changes coming in 2.0 I think there's a good chance we'll see a significant rise in our ranks -- especially in PVP (which is not my area of expertise), but also in PVE as well. We're about to be a FotM class. I was a sniper before and I will be a sniper long after we stop being FotM.

So I tip my hat to all of you who stuck with the Sniper class from the very beginning.

While I understand your pride, and I am happy for you, the assertion that snipers are cnsistently the least played class is not completely accurate. This is an article from about a year ago

http://dulfy.net/2012/03/15/swtor-overall-advanced-class-distribution/

at least at some point, smugglers had that recognition.

While I understand your pride, and I am happy for you, the assertion that snipers are cnsistently the least played class is not completely accurate. This is an article from about a year ago

As a friend of mine would say, "it's close enough for government work". We may not always be the absolute least played, be we are consistently near the bottom of the totem pole. I'm not a statistics man, but I would guess that the difference is within the margin of error on this sort of thing.

Regardless, my main point is snipers are awesome and will always be my main in this game :)

Sorry but, there is nothing special about being a day 1 sniper. There is nothing special about being a least played class either. Your last line makes it sound like it was a difficult choice to play a sniper and that I had to play through horrible times in order to make it to where we are today.

We may become a FOTM class in 2.0, but there have also been other claims on classes being "op" on the pts. But even if we do become the FOTM it doesn't matter. It just means that we will probably get nerfed a bit to bring us in line with other classes. If you truly enjoy your class, then you will stick with it despite nerfs.

I love my sniper... I have played every AC to 50 and it is still my favorite. However, there is nothing special about me (or you) just because I enjoy the sniper over other classes and just because you have been a sniper from day 1.

This post seems too much like an attempt at trying to gain sympathy for playing a class that you supposedly enjoy. Implying that you superior because you are a day 1 sniper is pretty ridiculous, sorry.

Well said, OP probably sucks in PvP too. We need less baddie sniper chest beating.

My favorite part of that graphic is powertechs/ops and their mirrors being the least played classes. Funny how things change in a year. I'd love to see an updated version of this.