Cybertech mods - no elusive, resilient, or shield rating?

bobbyk

So, can cybertechs learn elusive (defense) or resilient (absorption) or shield rating mods?

When I say mods, I mean mods, not armoring.... BUT...

we can't learn any elusive armoring or mods, can't learn resilient armoring or mods, and can't learn the shield rating one either! (Not sure what the name is for shield rating ones yet, sorry)

What are tanks supposed to do?!?

I know we can get them randomly on gear, but this doesn't really help much. I tried reverse engineering a few of those with no luck learning any new schematics...

I personally believe this is either due to a bug or was simply somehow overlooked.

I'd really like to be able to craft some armoring or mods with actual tanking specs on them other than endurance, so please either fix this, or someone let me know that you have been able to find a way to craft any of the three stats mentioned on your armoring or mods. Thanks!

Has anyone been able to reverse engineer and learn to craft any of these???

Edited by bobbyk

So, can cybertechs learn elusive (defense) or resilient (absorption) or shield rating mods?

When I say mods, I mean mods, not armoring.... BUT...

we can't learn any elusive armoring or mods, can't learn resilient armoring or mods, and can't learn the shield rating one either! (Not sure what the name is for shield rating ones yet, sorry)

What are tanks supposed to do?!?

I know we can get them randomly on gear, but this doesn't really help much. I tried reverse engineering a few of those with no luck learning any new schematics...

I personally believe this is either due to a bug or was simply somehow overlooked.

I'd really like to be able to craft some armoring or mods with actual tanking specs on them other than endurance, so please either fix this, or someone let me know that you have been able to find a way to craft any of the three stats mentioned on your armoring or mods. Thanks!

Has anyone been able to reverse engineer and learn to craft any of these???

Yes listen to him. Tanks really would love to have those mods.

Aren't these learned from RE'ing regular mod.

You RE a 'Mod X' and if you learn a schematic you willl get something like

Critical

Overload

etc...

my armor tech is still relatively low but have learned a few blues (first schematic learned from RE greens) not sure if any are elusive, but have gotten 6 or so recipes that a (modifer) X mod.

Critical

Overload

etc...

my armor tech is still relatively low but have learned a few blues (first schematic learned from RE greens) not sure if any are elusive, but have gotten 6 or so recipes that a (modifer) X mod.

They are talking about CYBERTECH mods not armourmech

Haven't you clowns figured out yet that the only reason to take a profession is to get the BOPs and move on?

That is until the 1.1 patch notes came along and whoever designed the crafting system for launch was taking a **** at the time and some idiot took over and said hey let's make the BOP items require 400 to use now!

Haven't you clowns figured out yet that the only reason to take a profession is to get the BOPs and move on?

That is until the 1.1 patch notes came along and whoever designed the crafting system for launch was taking a **** at the time and some idiot took over and said hey let's make the BOP items require 400 to use now!

Erm not really have armor and mod "mods" for all my companions that wear orange or equivalent meaning they are all on par with me and wait till my alts get going they will be flying through with blue/purple's for their levels. Oh and getting to 400 really isn't that much like hard work unless you are trying to do it at say level 20.

But yes I can make agile mod (again mod not armour) say 20a but not deflecting mod or weighted mod of the equivalent meaning that at the very least my companion tank has to get power rather than shield or absorbtion let alone my guild mates...

Anyone?

There are no recipes for green armorings/mods with tanking stats that we can learn and RE to better versions. Huge oversight or sheer idiocy, I couldn't tell you. It makes the profession even more lackluster for tanks, who absolutely have to do dailies if they want mods.

Regarding your other question (RE-ing from vendor mods), I don't know yet, but I was planning to experiment. If anyone has been able to RE vendor mods to purple, it would be nice if you could let us know, but I somehow doubt it it's possible.

You can reverse engineer and get like up to 6 different blues from the green. Then from there can get different Purples.

Crafting takes time. Not easy.

That's how it works for armors/weapons/etc, NOT for mods/barrels/enhancements/etc. Mods follow a linear upgrade scheme, i.e. green->blue->purple, not green->blue v1, v2, v3->purple v1 v2 v3 v4 v5.

If you have any evidence to the contrary please let us know.

Critical

Overload

etc...

I had hoped that mods were like Armormech in that we could discover different types od the same mode (i.e tanking). I have not seen it happen yet and I am starting to think it does not exist. It seems they really shafted tanks by requiring them to either pull their mods out of random drop gear or use commendations for them.

Bioware fell on their face when it came to crafting. It is a very underdeveloped system, which really sucks. This crafting system had a lot of potential. Leaving out entire categories (Tanking) is not cool and shows a total lack of understand of crafting mechanics. I guess we can hope they patch in mods and such later, but right now I am not impressed at all.

I've RE-ed tons of armorings and mods of various levels, for my alts, and I haven't come across any evidence that their RE progression is not linear. You cannot discover new types of mods - only improved versions of the trainer ones.

So the lack of tanking modifications is a problem - like I said before, either an oversight, or a matter of intentionally not putting them in. I cannot fathom why, however, since we get tanking earpieces for every main stat, and other professions get implants/armor/weapons.

Agreed. It seems pretty unfair that you can only get offensive secondary skills on Mods. Where's the tank love? At least the offensive stats are helpful for threat though. So I make myself a tanking ear piece and buy some armormech gear with tank stats on them. Then I put the offensive mods in my orange stuff for some threat boost. It would be nice to be able to make some mods with defensive stats on them though...

Artifice originally made the mods (which is why the Artifice Trainer currently still has them on his list though you can't purchase them.)

I am guessing that, along with the late Beta change to itemization and mods (the change that basically pulled the rug out from under item crafting,) when they gave the mods crafting to cybertech they left some out.

You should see the enhancements for Artifice. We get repeating enhancements. Different name, same stats. Ridiculous.

Erm not really have armor and mod "mods" for all my companions that wear orange or equivalent meaning they are all on par with me and wait till my alts get going they will be flying through with blue/purple's for their levels. Oh and getting to 400 really isn't that much like hard work unless you are trying to do it at say level 20.

But yes I can make agile mod (again mod not armour) say 20a but not deflecting mod or weighted mod of the equivalent meaning that at the very least my companion tank has to get power rather than shield or absorbtion let alone my guild mates...

Anyone?

That's nice. Except I have epics on my companions and they are still not on par with me. Have fun wasting your time making mods for alt companions at the different levels when you can just buy them at the commendations vendors.

Edited by flegg

That's nice. Except I have epics on my companions and they are still not on par with me. Have fun wasting your time making mods for alt companions at the different levels when you can just buy them at the commendations vendors.

Yes, because I have infinite commendations to buy mods with the second I step onto a planet and also hate buying the purple boxes from there.

• 3 months later...
I think the strength of crafting should be the diversity of the stats that you can make.

I don't really know the game that well, but if mods with shield rating exist in the game, Cybertech should be able to make them.

In a recent Q&A Bioware recently suggested that if people want really good mods they should look to crafters rather than the commendation vendors. And yet, there are plenty of types of mods we can't make. Seems strange.