What did you do to Cybertech?

Mallorik

Cybertech was very useful in beta but now it is next to totaly useless, the armor mods are ok but almost all of them can be bought from vendors (including the purple ones) for very little effort so you have no chance of selling them on the gtn,

The ear pieces are random and some have totaly useless stats , like a tanking ear piece that has surge on it.

The mods have the same problem as armor except its even worse, most of the mods that can be bought on vendors are better than what cyber techs can make.

Overall the entire cybertech recipe tree has been destroyed, for each teir you only get one mod/armor/ear piece for each role and many of them have stats you just dont want for that role.

Please take a another look at cybertech and rethink what you did to it.

What was different about it in beta? I didnt do any tradeskills then, and only picked up Cyber now. So far I like it, and am able to provide myself and friends with up to date mods every other level or so. Higher level / better than what they could buy from the commendation mod vendor. Sooooo not sure where your problem is. Then again, I didn't play Cyber in beta and have no idea what it "used to be like". Level 40 here btw, with 390 Cyber. Edited by afootdoc

I do not get rich off of being a Cybertech, but I do make a decent amount of money by selling spaceship upgrades. I think it is also worth noting that I have sunk a lot of game time in to just crafting itself and the pay off other than just self satisfaction hasn't been anything to write home about. I feel it also isn't just Cybertechs that are suffering this fate that you are describing, I believe all the crafting skills have this issue.

Hi, I realize it's a bit off-top, but how do you RE Cybertech grenades? I've made few of V-1 Pyro Grenades but couldn't RE them. Whenever I'm selecting RE and hovering mouse over the grenades they remain greyed out as if I can't Re them, but it says "click the right mouse button to RE". Also, it requires cybertech skill of 100 while I'm well over 160.

Anybody had those issues?

I do not get rich off of being a Cybertech, but I do make a decent amount of money by selling spaceship upgrades. I think it is also worth noting that I have sunk a lot of game time in to just crafting itself and the pay off other than just self satisfaction hasn't been anything to write home about. I feel it also isn't just Cybertechs that are suffering this fate that you are describing, I believe all the crafting skills have this issue.

Similar here. Selling Earpieces and it's just fun for me. I don't make money at all (probably a significant loss actually). Luckily, I have slicing on a different character so that I can fund all the retarded stuff I do on my cybertech (like RE-ing a ridiculous amount of stuff).

Whatever, I do it for fun, and not to make a ton of credits. Every crafting profession is like that.

I think the easy solution is to make mods, armoring, barrels, crystals, and so on unremoveable. For mission rewards that are a piece of moddable gear with the mods included, when the player selects the piece he or she should actually receive a bag with the mods separate from the piece. If the player likes the piece, he or she puts the mods in; if the player prefers a different piece but needs the mods or upgrades, he or he can use the mods that way.

What was different about it in beta? I didnt do any tradeskills then, and only picked up Cyber now. So far I like it, and am able to provide myself and friends with up to date mods every other level or so. Higher level / better than what they could buy from the commendation mod vendor. Sooooo not sure where your problem is. Then again, I didn't play Cyber in beta and have no idea what it "used to be like". Level 40 here btw, with 390 Cyber.

In beta we had a better variety of mods we could make from our skill trainers, and mods you could buy for commendations were usualy much lower level than the planet you were on and much more generic so people had to buy cybertech mods if they wanted to have the top level armor.

So now coms vendors say on a level 40 planet sell level 40 41 and 42 armour and mods, and most of the mods have better stats than the mods i can make. For example , im a tank and i can make a mod with str, end and crit or str, end and power, but if i want str end and defense or shield well im out of luck i have to buy those.

Then add in the fact that most raid teir gear has no armor mod slot. it makes cybertech pretty much useless unless you want star ship parts (lol) grenades or ear pieces that are way worse than most drops ( My level 44 purple dropped ear piece is still better than the level 49 purple ear piece i can make).

Edited by Mallorik

What was different about it in beta?

In some builds it was the only skill that anyone should take.

It made every mod for all orange gear of any type, so a cybertech would not have to rely on any outside source for any type of mod.

Not saying that this is what the OP wants, but I, for one, was glad to see the change in beta when cybertech came back down to Earth.

Now, it seems to line up with other crafting skills.

Keep it up and you can make some solid gear. Let it lag and, not surprisingly, the stuff that you can get that is of an appropriate level will be better.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you would rather buy mods with comms then that's great, but why not make mods and use the comms to buy other gear?

If you are not cranking out level appropriate blues, though, and an occasional purple, then why be at all surprised that you can get better blues from vendors?

And even if cybertech is not where they want it to be, if they do a crafting skill review there are certainly skills that need more help than cybertech.

Why would you not use the 8 tokens from Illum to get a epic 23 mod, when Cybertech and all other crafting skills can only make 22?

While leveling you can't really see the problem which is due to leveling which is fine. At 50 the state of crafting is obvious. The system needs an overhaul if Bioware wants crafting to pay even a small part in collecting gear. Since atm when you hit 50, you can deck yourself out in a very short time frame if you know what to do with PvP and Illum tokens.

Why would you not use the 8 tokens from Illum to get a epic 23 mod, when Cybertech and all other crafting skills can only make 22?

While leveling you can't really see the problem which is due to leveling which is fine. At 50 the state of crafting is obvious. The system needs an overhaul if Bioware wants crafting to pay even a small part in collecting gear. Since atm when you hit 50, you can deck yourself out in a very short time frame if you know what to do with PvP and Illum tokens.

seriously? Im sick and tired of this rhetoric.

How many 50s are on your server? How many raids are going on every night? How many raid bosses hgave been downed?

The level 50 Crafting scene will not exist until raiding starts to get into full steam. Yes right now you can buy 23 mods with commendations. But Once you start getting good raid level gear, are you going to be able to keep up with the commendations to fill it? And by that point im sure the cybertechs will be getting their 23 recipies - hell maybe even 24s!

You simply cannot say that crafting at 50 is not useful until raiders start getting into full swing. They are the majority of all buyers of things at 50s to keep up with their raiding habits. Until then, any sort of 'analysis' of crafting at 50 is simply missing a key factor.

How many 50s are on your server? How many raids are going on every night? How many raid bosses hgave been downed?

The level 50 Crafting scene will not exist until raiding starts to get into full steam. Yes right now you can buy 23 mods with commendations. But Once you start getting good raid level gear, are you going to be able to keep up with the commendations to fill it? And by that point im sure the cybertechs will be getting their 23 recipies - hell maybe even 24s!

You simply cannot say that crafting at 50 is not useful until raiders start getting into full swing. They are the majority of all buyers of things at 50s to keep up with their raiding habits. Until then, any sort of 'analysis' of crafting at 50 is simply missing a key factor.

Why should raiding the the exclusive source of good gear at 50+? And you assume that raid drops will be able to be RE'd. What if the devs set them to require a skill of 500 to RE, or make them unREabel in some other fashion?

I find it very unfortunate that the mounts are all BoP.

I don't mind if crafters have some neat BoP items as a bonus, perhaps earpieces or grenades, but to do that to the mounts is excessive.

i find it even more unfortunate that the crafted speeders are nothing but reskins.

I'm a cybertech myself, max level. And i have to agree with the OP here.

The things i make are worse then lvl 50 bought mods with commendations..

Not to mention that epic pvp gear actually has lvl 52 mods in it, and is easy optainable.

I don't see how any of the crafting profs appart from biochem are worth it atm.

Why should raiding the the exclusive source of good gear at 50+? And you assume that raid drops will be able to be RE'd. What if the devs set them to require a skill of 500 to RE, or make them unREabel in some other fashion?

Because for some strange reason game designers have decided that raiding players are the only players to design games for ? Personally I've no idea why they are all competing for the same players, which don't make up the majority of the MMO market. Like PvP it is a very important niche, but it's just that, a niche. (A niche I enjoy)

Cybertech was very useful in beta but now it is next to totaly useless, the armor mods are ok but almost all of them can be bought from vendors (including the purple ones)

Incorrect. There are absolutely no purple armor mods to be had by vendors in the game. Please come back when you are not exaggerating your argument. The green ones you can buy are underleveled respective to the ones you can craft, so Cybertech crafters have the edge on leveling.

Incorrect. There are absolutely no purple armor mods to be had by vendors in the game. Please come back when you are not exaggerating your argument. The green ones you can buy are underleveled respective to the ones you can craft, so Cybertech crafters have the edge on leveling.

Incorrect. Look again

Raids on my server are in full swing....

Cybertech Crafting is not usefull....

Illum

Unless they have some vendors hidden where I cannot find them immediately, they only have armoring and hilts/barrels... which already is quite much, grantedly.

But, yeah, endgame does look kinda weird, given that the best mods we can make are level 49. I've yet to get the crafting materials together to do some extensive reverse engineering, so I have no idea how those mods will compare to the endgame stuff we'll get.

Unless they have some vendors hidden where I cannot find them immediately, they only have armoring and hilts/barrels... which already is quite much, grantedly.

But, yeah, endgame does look kinda weird, given that the best mods we can make are level 49. I've yet to get the crafting materials together to do some extensive reverse engineering, so I have no idea how those mods will compare to the endgame stuff we'll get.

illum mods are better then the crafting mods