Crafting node nerf to Tatooine. Breaks zone entirely.

LetsTakeSyonide

I'm not sure if this belongs in the pvp section of the crew skills section, but I figure it's probably better off here, as crew skills is the root of the issue. Last night pre patch I was happily farming my scavenging mats, of which I need countless numbers to try and RE blues into Purples (But that a whole different issue), in the free for all pvp zone on Tatooine. From time to time I'd notice some other players doing the same and we would engage in pvp, as the zone was intended for. All was well, fun was had, everyone was happy.

Now the pvp zone is barren, and frankly a complete waste of space. I've done 3 circuits and haven't seen a single node of anything. The patch notes read as follows. "Removed some high-level harvesting nodes from Tatooine, Corellia, and Ilum." Apparently however "some", actually means "all", in regards to Tatooine.

With no more crew skill nodes I ask what the driving factor is going to be to get people out into that zone? You don't get any valor or commendations for killing anyone there, so if you;re farming pvp gear/ranks it's worthless. The lock boxes there are on such a high respawn timer that doing warzones get's you commendations much faster anyways. The only reason to be there in the first place was to farm crew skill mats. If anything, to encourage people to go there, they should have INCREASED the amount of crew skill nodes.

By increasing the nodes there, more people would be drawn there as they hit 50 and realize it is likely the premier spot to farm. Pvp would be encouraged, all would be well, fun would be had, and everyone would be happy. Instead we now have a chunk of Tatooine that provides nothing.

The only part of the Original post that I can honestly say I disagree with (rather than mildly agreeing or not having an opinion as with the rest) is this bit:

By increasing the nodes there, more people would be drawn there as they hit 50 and realize it is likely the premier spot to farm. Pvp would be encouraged, all would be well, fun would be had, and everyone would be happy.

If fun is your goal one of the last things you should be doing is attract the attention of lvl 50's to a lvl 24-28 area.

See, PvP is not just 'end game' and too many games already have an attitude where players, if people are ganked by others 25 lvls higher in a pvp area, start shouting 'well then you shouldn't go into PvP areas until you're lvl x (where x is the maximum level).

Let's not turn TOR into one of those.

I was there pre patch for about 20 mins and saw 0 bio chem mats. So I will never go back untill I hear somthing Bout it being worth it.

It was previously also bugged to where mats would only spawn in instance 1. So if Tatooine was populated enough to have more than 1 instance you had to be on Instance 1 to see anything.

To my knowledge, the PVP zones do not have world mobs patrolling them - as such, as soon as a character leveled high enough to get their ship, they could make their way to these locations and freely loot containers, crafting nodes, etc. without fear of being killed by doing so. This wasn't the intent of Bioware (i.e. having low-level toons in Level 40+ Ilum), and this is one way they chose to fix the problem. Of course... whether this was a "proper" solution will be hotly debated on these forums, and I'd rather just avoid discussing the merits myself. However, if it's affecting an entire zone (i.e. all of Ilum), then yeah, that'll need to be fixed as well.

Here are a few links that might provide additional insight:

Official Forums post: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=120099

"BioWare Bans SWTOR Players for Exploiting Ilum PvP Zone, Explains Why" - http://www.gamefront.com/bioware-bans-swtor-players-for-exploiting-ilum-pvp-zone-explains-why/

"SWTOR Bans from going to Ilum" -

Edited by Aerithel

Totally justified. You were doing way too well from gathering nodes. I tried gathering nodes and when I throw out half of what I got because I didn't like it, I got less than half of what you got.

It needed a nerf and you should stop complaining about it.

To my knowledge, the PVP zones do not have world mobs patrolling them - as such, as soon as a character leveled high enough to get their ship, they could make their way to these locations and freely loot containers, crafting nodes, etc. without fear of being killed by doing so. This wasn't the intent of Bioware (i.e. having low-level toons in Level 40+ Ilum), and this is one way they chose to fix the problem. Of course... whether this was a "proper" solution will be hotly debated on these forums, and I'd rather just avoid discussing the merits myself. However, if it's affecting an entire zone (i.e. all of Ilum), then yeah, that'll need to be fixed as well.

Here are a few links that might provide additional insight:

Official Forums post: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=120099

"BioWare Bans SWTOR Players for Exploiting Ilum PvP Zone, Explains Why" - http://www.gamefront.com/bioware-bans-swtor-players-for-exploiting-ilum-pvp-zone-explains-why/

"SWTOR Bans from going to Ilum" -

Except there was fear of being killed. Not by mobs, but by the other players that would eventually show up there. Bioware has stated themselves that as of a few days ago the general population was still in the 30s. They never even gave this zone enough time for level 50s to figure out that it was worth even going to, let alone that it even existed.

As it stands now, the few people who did know about it, now know that it's worthless in every regard and wont return. The people who didn't know about it will get their level 44 quest to go there, see that it's completely empty, leave and never return.

Totally justified. You were doing way too well from gathering nodes. I tried gathering nodes and when I throw out half of what I got because I didn't like it, I got less than half of what you got.

It needed a nerf and you should stop complaining about it.

I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about where you got half as many mats as me? But I digress. Regardless, perhaops the respawnr ate of the nodes did need a nerf. It was fast for a zone with no mobs, however bioware didn;t nerf the nodes, they removed them. Thats different.

If you have a spell that does 4000 damage and is an instant cast with no cooldown, that neeeds a nerf. Maybe a cast time, or a cooldown or dmg reduction. If Bioware removes that spell entirely it;s no longer a nerf, it's a removal of a mechanic. Two entirely different things, with two entirely different outcomes.

the chest spawns in this zone were already brutal, maybe one set of spawns every 3-4 hours, the nodes dont even sell on the market so im not sure why they nerfed them... the rare chest spawns actually had 50s coming in for open world pvp, including myself, i would see atleast 5-10 other players while i was farming.

now im not sure what to do at 50, log on, do dailies, sit in republic fleet spamming for hard flash points... ive been spamming for days and still have yet to find a group for a 50 flashpoint...

what is there left to do for 50s? any help would be appreciated, im pretty bored