Disappointment in cartel packs any one ELSE.

So just a General enquire How many other players are getting so Pissed off with cartel packs you buy them and OH look more Bound Hutt Cartel reputation boost tokens I currently have over 30+ sitting in my banks as I refuse to delite them as they have cost me REAL cash getting to the stage were i'm feeling really CHEATED and just grown now when I open a cartel pack. As once your Legendary status with the Hutt cartel these are totally useless.

My solutions to this minor over-site would be one of the following:

1) You unbind them so the non idiots who dont buy cartel packs could increase there Hutt cartel reputation. for useless Loot.

2) You give a ratio of the rep boosts tokens for say a cartel certificate so you can save up for your 3rd Revan mask.

3) don't put them in the packs in the first place as basically there crap and shouldn't be in there full stop.

P.S. that apply to your latest trick to waste our money the crap little quests that give total **** boost. you have just added to the packs.

Dude, you vendor them for Cash, last I checked they updated them to do this.

Also you are not being cheated, why? they specifically added an extra loot slot within the contraband shipment packs to include the rep items, in fact your being given more if you can vendor them for credits.

So thank them for more pocket change.

Edited by Magnusheart

Cartel packs are BS. It's a waste of money. RNG basicly is BS in anything I want to buy. I just came back to the game wanted the Mira Jade outift bought two of the packs and got crap all crap I dont want all crap i could give a hoot about.

Ya I can list on the GTN thats a waste of my time as well..

Cartel packs equal going to Macy's or any department store and they saying

"OH look we have this outfit for 100 dollars. All you have to do is give us the 100 dollars and we'll give you one of those boxes over there. It has a less than 2% chance of having a piece of the 100 dollar outfit. But dont worry we put some neat stuff in the box like balloons, and socks, and other knick knack stuff you really don't want. And by the way, you can give us another 100 dollars and try again."

Cartel packs are as much a rip off as playing rigged games at the carnival.

Edited by Atalantia

Cartel packs are BS. It's a waste of money. RNG basicly is BS in anything I want to buy. I just came back to the game wanted the Mira Jade outift bought two of the packs and got crap all crap I dont want all crap i could give a hoot about.

Ya I can list on the GTN thats a waste of my time as well..

Cartel packs are as much a rip off as playing rigged games at the carnival.

Ok, first, OP, you sell the Cartel rep items to vendors. As someone else said, this was in patch notes ages ago.

Atalantia, you don't seem to understand that Cartel pack items are ranked in terms of rarity. The Mira's outfit is really rare, how could you possibly have thought you could buy *two* packs and get the full outfit? That was never, ever going to happen. No one ever pretended that would happen. If you had asked any other player, they could have explained to you that would not happen.

Why is listing on the GTN a waste of your time? It gets you money.

Cartel packs are a gamble, you buy a pack and you find out what items are inside. The packs list how many of each item you are going to get and what rarity (e.g. "plus a chance to get a super rare item"). They do not say "we guarantee you will get all the super rare items in one pack". So how is it a rip off when they tell you exactly what you are going to get and then you get it?

If you want one specific item, then packs are never the way to go, unless you have a lot of real money. You are much better going to the GTN, if you just want one specific item and have no desire to sell the unwanted items on the GTN.

Just because you are not using the packs as they are intended (and fully explained), it is not a fundamental problem with the packs. It is you willfully misunderstanding them.

The packs are not worth the real dollar price and I don't see any value in them. I will buy the rare drops on the GTN if they are interesting. Lately the gear and items are not even interesting enough to spend credits on sadly, BW needs to get some new designs to keep their cash cow paying.:(

If the prices are too low, wait a few days and try again.

Shhh let them keep undercutting each other until the new pack comes around :p

I haven't bought any extra CC (GTN ftw!) for cartel packs personally, but I do appreciate what they do for the game. Not only are they an additional revenue source for real content; the packs provide us with a regular slew of fluff and stimulate the in-game economy greatly. The only complaint I have is I wish the sit & wait items would last a lot longer for RP purposes.

I see how someone could be against these packs on principle, but BW has by far the best lockbox system I've seen. They're working great in actual effect imo.

Edited by Inflicktion

The cartel box contents are absolutely random, this is clearly indicated in the description. Are they worth the money? If you're willing to accept the fact that the contents is random, yes. If you get items that you don't paticularly want or need, you can sell them on the GTN or in the case of the rep items (as others have said) vendor them. If you hang on to the items until this pack series is phased out their value will go up dramatically. Currently the rarer items in the Supreme Morgul pack (such as the Pocket Sarlacc) on Tomb of Freedom Nadd go for around 2 - 3mil credits. Then use those credits to buy what you want.

Most games require you also to have "keys" for lockboxes, thankfully SWTOR doesn't.

Why open them when you can sell them and buy what you want out of them from the GTN? If you are going to get mad when you roll the dice and lose, you have only yourself to blame. Either have fun with the randomness of it or play it smarter.

The thing that really irritated me the most is yes I got a epic item or whatever a piece of gear from an earlier cartel, just classic I tell you If i had wanted to try and get that item i probably would have purchased that pack and not the one I did, Organa pants or something like that, but stick a fork in me In done with cartel packs

OH and BTW i'd pay pretty much whatever they wanted for the outfits I want , without all that clutter garbage that's included in the packs

Edited by Atalantia

You expected to get Mira's outfit out of 2 packs? Or did you mean 2 hypercrates?

Last I checked, no one has a gun to your head forcing you to spend cartel coins on the packs.

This ^^^^^

If you are buying cartel packs fishing for content, your sanity is at question. It should take buying only one to teach you this lesson. If you buy more than one, it's YOUR problem.

Shhh let them keep undercutting each other until the new pack comes around :p

I haven't bought any extra CC (GTN ftw!) for cartel packs personally, but I do appreciate what they do for the game. Not only are they an additional revenue source for real content; the packs provide us with a regular slew of fluff and stimulate the in-game economy greatly. The only complaint I have is I wish the sit & wait items would last a lot longer for RP purposes.

I see how someone could be against these packs on principle, but BW has by far the best lockbox system I've seen. They're working great in actual effect imo.

100% Agree. :D

I have never bought a pack and thought "Oh cool - that was worth it." It's been quite a while since I've purchased one - I think I've wised up. Maybe if everyone did the same, they'd just start putting all the stuff in it on the CM, and we could buy what we wanted without gambling. I would've spent 10$ worth of CC for that Mira outfit. Gamble for it? No thanks.

I have never bought a pack and thought "Oh cool - that was worth it." It's been quite a while since I've purchased one - I think I've wised up. Maybe if everyone did the same, they'd just start putting all the stuff in it on the CM, and we could buy what we wanted without gambling. I would've spent 10$ worth of CC for that Mira outfit. Gamble for it? No thanks.

Amen to that

I look at the cartel packs in a completely different way. I see them as a way to make money to buy the stuff I want from them off of other players on the GTN. The chances of collecting all the pieces to a set via opening boxes? Yeah, not gonna happen for me. However, the fact that you can buy the items off the GTN makes it feasible to get the sets, so, buy the crates and sell the contents to get creds (or farm dailies, either way) and buy what you want. Look at it as participating in the economy, if you do it via selling pack contents you're helping other players get things they really want that you could care less about while buying that piece that you can't live without off the guy who thinks "who in their right mind wants this?" A win win for both parties, all while helping to support the game so we can continue to enjoy it. :)

I look at the cartel packs in a completely different way. I see them as a way to make money to buy the stuff I want from them off of other players on the GTN. The chances of collecting all the pieces to a set via opening boxes? Yeah, not gonna happen for me. However, the fact that you can buy the items off the GTN makes it feasible to get the sets, so, buy the crates and sell the contents to get creds (or farm dailies, either way) and buy what you want. Look at it as participating in the economy, if you do it via selling pack contents you're helping other players get things they really want that you could care less about while buying that piece that you can't live without off the guy who thinks "who in their right mind wants this?" A win win for both parties, all while helping to support the game so we can continue to enjoy it. :)

Agree^^^^^

You made a business decision instead of a gambling one. In that context it works. The first time I bought a CP I opened it and said, "God, were you stupid!" and I never did it again. But I still sold the silly Jawa Gram!

i don't understand why people buy them in the first place. if they piss you off and give you junk all the time, why would you continue to buy them? bioware does it because they know people are dumb enough to do it. if you want that to change then don't support it, don't buy them.