Tionese Gear - Pointless

If you do the dailies for a week you get enough mods to make all of the tionese gear pointless. Can we please buff this gear so it adds incentives to do hard modes. I understand we have a columni armor token drop on 1 boss, but at least make the tionese crystal usefull. Add some rare mats to the vender or something. I have 300 crystals, but I'm using level 40 pvp gear because my mods are better then the tionese crap.

The armoring of the Tionese stinks then. Because it doesn't match up stat wise. Bonus is ok, but why lose up to 1k hp for a set bonus?

Unless you're switching from an orange tank set to a tionese dps set, you're not losing any HP. All the mods are grade 51, quick math will show you this is the case.

I do agree, however, with the intent of the OP even without the falsehoods. Tionese gear should be better in comparison to what you can obtain elsewhere. Grade 53-54 mods would be more feasable. Or remove the grade 51 armoring mods from the daily vendor and make tionese 52 if that's too big a boost.

Edited by KaiHeilos

Tionese gear are grade 51 mods, dailies give grade 50 mods. I detect a falsehood.

Tionese Gear has 2 mod slots, Orange gear has 3. Can't speak for others but SI Sorc gear is itemized for crap, too much power / alacrity. Guess what I can customize better?

tionese stuff is actually really redundant to anyone who plays the game for like a week or two after L50, they REALLY need to increase to drop rate of tionese comms or something, i only ever had 1 thing from that vendor

This.

By the time you've done enough hardmodes to be able to buy an item, most of the tionese gear is a sidegrade at best.

Tionese Gear has 2 mod slots, Orange gear has 3. Can't speak for others but SI Sorc gear is itemized for crap, too much power / alacrity. Guess what I can customize better?

The Tionese comes with built in 51 Armoring mod and has a set bonus, so it still beats your orange gear even if you swap out the mods.

The Tionese comes with built in 51 Armoring mod and has a set bonus, so it still beats your orange gear even if you swap out the mods.

There's not THAT MUCH difference between lvl 50 mods and lvl 51 mods so that argument is really pointless. There isn't any debating on the set bonus, but what the OP is trying to suggest is that the set bonus really doesn't make up for the fact that Tionese gear isn't worth the time investment needed to acquire it.

Personally I think it should be like WoW's vanilla .5 dungeon gear. Make HM bosses only drop Tionese and make it Orange. Normal Raids Drop Columi, and HM Raids drop Rakatta. There's too many easy epics as it is anyway

Edited by Maglen

There's not THAT MUCH difference between lvl 50 mods and lvl 51 mods so that argument is really pointless. There isn't any debating on the set bonus, but what the OP is trying to suggest is that the set bonus really doesn't make up for the fact that Tionese gear isn't worth the time investment needed to acquire it.

I wasn't responding to the OP, I was responding to you. You said orange was better, I said you were wrong. Calling my counter pointless just because you couldn't think of your own is rather silly.

The problem isn't tionese gear, its how ridiculously easy the daily commendation stuff is to get and how good it is. Not only does it make tionese gear pointless its also what is making endgame crafting completely pointless.

I think that the Tionese gear should drop in regular mode lvl 50 Flashpoints. Tionese gear is a nice upgrade for a lot of new lvl 50s, so it makes sense to me for that gear to be available in the regular flashpoints. They should also increase the Tionese commendations from hardmodes, as others have said, by the time you get enough to buy something you most likely have better Columi gear. That is why my companion is decked out in 5 pieces of Tionese gear, lol.

They are complaining because an entire set of gear is almost worthless. You mentioned that you can have a full set of Columi gear in a week.. I agree, I already have almost 2 full sets. THAT IS PART OF THE PROBLEM. It makes Tionese gear virtually worthless. The only reason to use it is if you have been unlucky and a piece of Columi gear that you wants will not drop.

We are simply making suggestions to increase the usefullness of the Tionese gear. I think that Tionese gear should be more easily available to new lvl 50s, get a few pieces of that and your search for Columi will be much more pleasant.

If you do the dailies for a week you get enough mods to make all of the tionese gear pointless. Can we please buff this gear so it adds incentives to do hard modes. I understand we have a columni armor token drop on 1 boss, but at least make the tionese crystal usefull. Add some rare mats to the vender or something. I have 300 crystals, but I'm using level 40 pvp gear because my mods are better then the tionese crap.

Set bonus . but the aquistion is bad. by the time you have enough commendations you will have a full set of Collumi from last boss drops. Very poorly planned.

Tionese gear are grade 51 mods, dailies give grade 50 mods. I detect a falsehood.

How about no?

With 8 daily tokens you can buy 51 epic armoring/hilt/barrel which is same with the Tionese gear. The only thing Tionese is good for is set bonuses.

Tionese is basically useless because PVP gear is so easy to get and outside of set bonuses is superior. Not that set bonuses are all that in many cases.

Sorceror 2 pc. reduce cost of force lighting by 2 force. Useless considering Force lightning is a force positive ability that in fact returns more force power than used during the duration of the channeling.

Champion gear is so much better than Tionese and is super easy to get.

• 4 weeks later...