Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

I was cleaning and then I had to walk my dog, I hope you haven't been waiting for hours! :o But sure, I'd need a character name, PM me or /whisper Valerto on the PTS (logging in now) :p (or let me know in this thread, haha :D )

Maker the interface has gone weird :eek::D will pm you.

Looking forward to see your additions, then. And feel free to comment here why you chose a specific song, it is always interesting. ;)

I've added some of my favourites :) A few words about them:

Behind Blue Eyes: This is the ultimate Arcann song for me. This song originally reminded me of another favourite character, Kane from Karl Edward Wagner's Sword & Sorcery novels. Kane is a gothic hero-villain who is based on the biblical Cain, so he has a few things in common with Arcann. Anyway, the lyrics are just perfect. For example:

No one knows what it's like

To be the bad man

To be the sad man

Behind blue eyes

And no one knows what it's like

To be hated

To be fated

But my dreams they aren't as empty

As my conscience seems to be

Emperor of Nothing by Kate Havnevik is a great darkside Arcann song, for obvious reasons:

How much darkness

Is needed to see the stars?

How much harm must

I feel to heal your scars

You're the author of this nightmare

You're the engineer of our distress

Ooh, you're the Emperor of Nowhere

And no one gets out alive

No one gets out alive from here

For a more romantic one, I like October & April by The Rasmus about starcrossed lovers. I think of it as my JK and Arcann's song :p

Hi witchglove :)

Joining in on this forum/thread and the desire to get playthrough recorded incase game went down (there was a bit of a scare little while ago) was what got me all the way through the game :) Liked the thread but I didn't really post on forums, but them someone started having a go at this place and that just wasn't on sooooo :D Guess I owe them a fruit basket (with loads of happy Arcann pics :rak_04:).

I have some songs I associate...(to slow for the original discussion) but I'm uncharacteristically shy about mentioning them :o my taste rarely works for other people :D See signature.

Hi! :) I'm more of a solo player too and originally viewed SWTOR as a substitute for KOTOR III - but I've come to like the MMO aspects, too. I record the gameplay too :) It's just more satisfying rewatching your own character than someone else's on Youtube. I've just finished my third playthrough of KotFE and KotET and finally managed to get a recording of everything that I'm happy with, thanks to Bandicam. Now I'm busy making about a million Arcann-centric GIFS :o And I'm also shy about a few of my associated songs (mostly the stomach-turningly romantic ones ;) ). Would love to hear yours though, if you ever feel comfortable with sharing!

Hi! :) I'm more of a solo player too and originally viewed SWTOR as a substitute for KOTOR III - but I've come to like the MMO aspects, too. I record the gameplay too :) It's just more satisfying rewatching your own character than someone else's on Youtube. I've just finished my third playthrough of KotFE and KotET and finally managed to get a recording of everything that I'm happy with, thanks to Bandicam. Now I'm busy making about a million Arcann-centric GIFS :o And I'm also shy about a few of my associated songs (mostly the stomach-turningly romantic ones ;) ). Would love to hear yours though, if you ever feel comfortable with sharing!

Yeah I still only play with people I know but I've come to appreciate some of the multi-player aspects to :)

let me see...

I have a theme song for a few of my faves, of which Arcann is included :D though thanks to the last romantic letter it really fits

I like this one for my outlander (relating to Arcann)

Female cover

A darker tone (sithy?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAHp5lGIlWg

on with that vein :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIkYhReaoV4

Sithy love songs :D

Arcann+Thexan+Vaylin on Valky

This turned up in vid I linked earlier in thread.

Probably are more but they currently escape me :)

Hum, talking about musical tastes, I might be the one who needs to step aside, here. Compared to you girls I am a brute. :p

A wonderful concert yesterday reminded me that Hurt from Nine Inch Nails is rather good for a still emperor but rather depressed/lonely Arcann (I always picture him as rather unhappy to have that throne after all).

A very soft one for Arcann, musically probably not so much my cup of tea but I stumbled on it and the lyrics are appropriate:

So, talking about songs people keep for themselves (until now :p)... There is a band which I associates to my SI. I don't really know how it became that way but...

Personal to my SI:

And :o hum... more like... an intense first night together :o (more for the intensity of the song, and of course the lyrics are not literal)

Arcann+Thexan+Vaylin on Valky

This turned up in vid I linked earlier in thread.

Oh, that is a nice cover. :-)

Edited by Iheaca

still emperor but rather depressed/lonely Arcann (I always picture him as rather unhappy to have that throne after all).

That's how i see it too.

Most of the time, when we see him on that throne, he seems bored to death.

Or furious that his men are unable to find and capture / kill us.

And i'm not that much into music, so unfortunately i don't have anything to share with you :(

Edited by Goreshaga

DuskIsNotAmused, I like all your songs - especially "Undone" with that letter in mind! Thanks for sharing :)

So, talking about songs people keep for themselves (until now :p)... There is a band which I associates to my SI. I don't really know how it became that way but...

They're one of my favourite bands :) I have a lot of their songs on my SI and SW's playlists, too. Some of their more quiet songs are also appropriate for "sithy" or destructive love. Like this one:

Speaking of Nine Inch Nails, I also like "Something I Can Never Have" for a depressed Arcann:

When it comes to musical tastes, I guess my character playlists can seem a bit all over the place, although I usually prefer rock and metal. I tend to care more about lyrics and overall mood than genre when it comes to associating songs with a specific character or theme.

Personal to my SI:

And :o hum... more like... an intense first night together :o (more for the intensity of the song, and of course the lyrics are not literal)

Oh, that is a nice cover. :-)

-shrugs- I'm a hoarder :p

Glad you like it :)

DuskIsNotAmused, I like all your songs - especially "Undone" with that letter in mind! Thanks for sharing :)

Awww :o thanks.

They're one of my favourite bands :) I have a lot of their songs on my SI and SW's playlists, too. Some of their more quiet songs are also appropriate for "sithy" or destructive love. Like this one:

Oh I like this one very much too, it is actually the one I usually like to listen to right after Burn, even if not part of my favourites. :p The concept of twin flames is globally appealing even if she uses it differently in the song. Like in "Burn", fire seem to be associated with pleasure in their songs. Litteraly? Figuratively? A bit of both sometimes I guess. :p

Speaking of Nine Inch Nails, I also like "Something I Can Never Have" for a depressed Arcann:

NIN rule (and yesterday's concert was marvelous), I am sure we can find other songs that would fit too. ;)

When it comes to musical tastes, I guess my character playlists can seem a bit all over the place, although I usually prefer rock and metal. I tend to care more about lyrics and overall mood than genre when it comes to associating songs with a specific character or theme.

Ah, so it was not representative of your tastes, I feel less alone. :p

I could not say I care about the lyrics all the time. Sometimes it will be the lyrics, sometimes it is just the vibe. I don't care about genre neither but I won't find anything of the things I like in a song in R'n'B, that's a given. :p

uhhh thought my subscription was suppose to run out yesterday ... so .. surprise scenario!

-

A band of armed citizens from one of the worlds Arcann has ravaged arrive on Odessen, intent on making Arcann suffer for his crimes against their planet. While verbally abusive towards the Alliance they show no signs of committing violence to anyone else.

How would your character deal with this scenario?

They wouldn't have been allowed to land on Odessan, so would not have posed a problem. Pretty sure I have some diplomats for those issues.

They would have to approach their own factions' leaders and allow those to decide whether approach us with concerns as the Alliance remains independent and is not a civilian organisation.

Edited by Asmodesu

Throw in Lana's incompetence into the scenario for that part then.

I wouldn't rely on just one person, I have an entire inner circle for security detail. And the Alliance, as my character sees it, is only responsible for the actions he takes now that he works under their name. So protests are dismissed unless he's gone breaking the Alliance's rules in such a bad way which he has not.

She's already explained this was a second chance, same one she has given many others. If he goes back to those ways now that he's a completely different person, circumstances would change, yes. It's no different to the Jedi taking in and keeping a close eye on a reforming/changed former Sith lord/darth.

So my question there, in return: how would the jedi order stave off protests from that, since many, many sith (and some who turn away and join the Jedi instead at some point) are also perpetrators at one point of mass murder, torture etc etc. We never hear about protests on the Jedi, and my Alliance keeps Arcann under the radar and never sends him out alone to help planets, deliver supplies etc. Always supervised and he understands that.

uhhh thought my subscription was suppose to run out yesterday ... so .. surprise scenario!

-

A band of armed citizens from one of the worlds Arcann has ravaged arrive on Odessen, intent on making Arcann suffer for his crimes against their planet. While verbally abusive towards the Alliance they show no signs of committing violence to anyone else.

Go to meet them with Arcann, french kiss him in front of them and then ask them if they really think I will let them do anything. Then count down to ten, if there is any remaining lightsaber switches on. 😛

Lol, nice sith way. But Nyx would do the way Asmodesu does (both posts).

-

Make it perfectly clear that Arcann is alliance now, therefore any complaints/issues are to be brought directly to him (my Pc) :rak_04: they will be dealt with in a case by case basis.

-

Well, my JK will send them to my JC who is a far better diplomat than her, and if his soft approach is not enough to calm them down, then, that'll be my SI's turn and he has a faster and more definitive way of dealing with annoying people.

Anyway, if these people intent to harm anyone in the Alliance, including Arcann, she'll probably end up dealing with them herself. She was a LS JK, but now, she has to make sure her people are safe, and if it means making things she does not really like, she'll do it anyways, because that's what she has to do as their leader.

Oh hey great, plenty of nice new songs on the playlist. Who added the Tricky, Perfect Circle, Korn and lastest ones?

(I recognise some titles of the Queen of the Damned Soundtrack that I love ;) (the soundtrack, not the movie, it's crap!))

Edited by Iheaca

Whelp, I'm bored which means you must all suffer :rak_04::D There's this game I've been playing lately, If you had to pick out a crew of companions for your ship (In my case Fury-Class Imperial Interceptor) who would it be :):

In my case there are six bunk births (6)

One Captain's courter's (1-2)

And in terms of Droids 2 main (voiced comp spots, 2V-R8 + HK-51 etc.) (2)

This is what I've got so far:

1. Lana Beniko _________________________2. Theron Shan

3. Andronikos Revel _____________________4.

5. Senya Tirall __________________________6. Torian Cadera

7. (Pc) Sith Inquisitor _____________________8. Arcann

9. HK-55 ______________________________10. Healer or C5-M3

Still undecided about last one :o. Gonna say that non-companion characters are allowed, Plus that their currant status In game (alive, deceased etc.) is ignored :).

Edited by DuskIsNotAmused

Well, since this is head canon I see it this way... My JK and LS SW are the head honcho's of the Alliance, my JC (Arcann's love) deals with the "people problems" and the "Warden" duties, my Trooper does the grunt wrangling, and my Agents, basically re-do all of Lana's screw-up's. (and a lot of networking) My Smuggles do fieldwork for Hylo.

In your situation, my Agents. (with Theron) would scramble to get me relevant intel, (damage done, what needs fixing, how much supplies needed, etc...) My Trooper and co, would get our "guests" disarmed, and under careful watch in the secure location. My JK and SW would carefully and firmly outline why this plan will never work and how the threat of (Vaylin or the Order of Zildrog) takes priority. Finally, my JC will do what she does best. Listen to the group, take into consideration their Law Code, and use the Force to guide her to a way to a peaceful solution that allows Arcann to prove he lives for atonement.

Forgiveness and mercy doesn't mean shielding from consequences. Arcann must continue to work to undo what he can of his sins. That is true justice.

Whelp, I'm bored which means you must all suffer :rak_04::D There's this game I've been playing lately, If you had to pick out a crew of companions for your ship (In my case Fury-Class Imperial Interceptor) who would it be :):

In my case there are six bunk births (6)

One Captain's courter's (1-2)

And in terms of Droids 2 main (voiced comp spots, 2V-R8 + HK-51 etc.) (2)

This is what I've got so far:

3. Andronikos Revel _____________________4.

5. Senya Tirall __________________________6. Torian Cadera

9. HK-55 ______________________________10. Healer or C5-M3

Still undecided about last one :o. Gonna say that non-companion characters are allowed, Plus that their currant status In game (alive, deceased etc.) is ignored :).

Mh, I think that I would go this way:

3. Andronikos Revel _____________________4. Vette

5. Senya Tirall __________________________6. Felix Iresso

9. HK-55 ______________________________10. T7-O1

By the way, all these pairs could even work as couples (obviously not the last one :p).

Mh, I think that I would go this way:

3. Andronikos Revel _____________________4. Vette

5. Senya Tirall __________________________6. Felix Iresso

9. HK-55 ______________________________10. T7-O1

By the way, all these pairs could even work as couples (obviously not the last one :p).

I now ship HK and T7. :p lol, kidding. If I were to ship a droid pair it'd be HK-55 and Z0-0m. T7 will be a jedi of course!

Edited by Asmodesu

Chapter 11 posted for those who still dwell here and read my fic...

From Ashes We Will Rise - Fighting the Inside Thread

awww people still dwell here:D People are just a little burnt out waiting for news about potential story content (especially if they're worried about the direction it's going in), people had enough of that stress last year (and the hostilities it fanned in the forum).

Will read, have caught up recently, but I should admit I skipped the Theron break up chap :o because I'm a coward :D.

Edited by DuskIsNotAmused

Read it :) (new chap). It's always so interesting to see how different player's character's minds work, where they're similar and where they vary :D Interested to see if your inquisitor's response dissuades the more professional saboteur (I suspect not ;)), Have fun with your other writing exercise/scene/game :rak_02::D not sure of proper terminology :o.