Is your crit rating supposed to decrease every time you level up?

Adamagic

At level 26, my Crit % was 22.62 with my buff on.

At 27, it dropped to 22.27 (also with buff on).

This may not seem like a lot, but it has been happening every level for the past few levels, and it really adds up over time. I don't know if it happened before as i never really payed attention.

No gear changes, all gear was fully repaired.

My question: Is this an intended feature, or is it just me being unlucky and getting glitched?

Pics

Level 26: http://imgur.com/VWHSJ

Level 27: http://imgur.com/LQnuc

Edited by Adamagic

Your question sugggests a slight confusion in terminology;

Crit Rating is a stat on gear (+Crit), which is converted to Crit percentage (the number you're referring to). Your buff is added to the percentage.

The conversion of rating-to-% is a level based formula, so you need more crit-rating gear to get 1% crit at high levels than you do at low levels. So "5 crit rating" means more to a level 10 than a 50.

What you're seeing is normal - it's the decrease in crit % associated with level gain.

This is typically done in MMOs to allow small stat gains to be meaningful while levelling, without having huge (>100% crit % etc) on max level gear. The same is true of many (but, IIRC, not all) "rating" stats in this game.

Your question sugggests a slight confusion in terminology;

Crit Rating is a stat on gear (+Crit), which is converted to Crit percentage (the number you're referring to). Your buff is added to the percentage.

The conversion of rating-to-% is a level based formula, so you need more crit-rating gear to get 1% crit at high levels than you do at low levels. So "5 crit rating" means more to a level 10 than a 50.

What you're seeing is normal - it's the decrease in crit % associated with level gain.

This is typically done in MMOs to allow small stat gains to be meaningful while levelling, without having huge (>100% crit % etc) on max level gear. The same is true of many (but, IIRC, not all) "rating" stats in this game.

I got the terminology mixed up, but what i was referring to was the fact that when i leveled up, it literally took 0.35% off of my crit percentage.

I meant Percentage the whole time, but i just said rating. Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by Adamagic

I think his response was with the % or at least thats how I understood it. That when you level it takes more rating to get the same percent.

Also this may not apply to this game, but the decrease is probably changing to reflect your crit % on enemies your level.

I got the terminology mixed up, but what i was referring to was the fact that when i leveled up, it literally took 0.35% off of my crit percentage.

I meant Percentage the whole time, but i just said rating. Sorry for the confusion.

This is common to MMOs, as someone said above. At higher levels, more crit rating is needed per percentage. This is going to be true for all stats.

It's usually a curve, rather than a linear increase. So if your crit rating remained static from 20-30, you'd see a bigger drop when you hit 30 than you did when you hit 21.

This is common to MMOs, as someone said above. At higher levels, more crit rating is needed per percentage. This is going to be true for all stats.

It's usually a curve, rather than a linear increase. So if your crit rating remained static from 20-30, you'd see a bigger drop when you hit 30 than you did when you hit 21.

It's also why keeping your companion in appropriate level gear matters a decent amount.

I understand that it needs to be more difficult to gain crit % as you level up, i just didn't realize that they actually took some away from you when you leveled up.

I would have thought that they would just make the curve steeper from a lower level, rather than deduct from what you already have each time you level up.

To the first reply, i believe i misunderstood your post, so my apologies.

I may be wrong here, but I don't think your crit percentage actually went down at all. I believe that what you are seeing is your crit percentage of enemies at your level. It is harder to crit a level 27 enemy than a level 26 enemy, so the number went down accordingly. I believe that your ability to crit a level 26 enemey remained the same.

I may be wrong here, but I don't think your crit percentage actually went down at all. I believe that what you are seeing is your crit percentage of enemies at your level. It is harder to crit a level 27 enemy than a level 26 enemy, so the number went down accordingly. I believe that your ability to crit a level 26 enemey remained the same.

I suppose that is possible, thanks for your input.