Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

theStirge
09.11.2013 , 02:49 AM | #3991
It's been a long time since I had this much fun writing a story. If this keeps up I may have to move out of here into my own thread. But if I did that I'd have to come up with a title, and I'm terrible at titles.

This one has 100% less Kaliyo, sorry.

Spoilers for IA and JK class stories.

Spoiler

Notes

Spoiler

Adwynyth
09.11.2013 , 07:00 PM | #3992
You say Dark Side like it's a bad thing.

*shoots a wandering Ewok for emphasis*
Horrendously bad fan fiction: Sith in a Pretty Dress

theStirge
09.11.2013 , 09:05 PM | #3993
Quote: Originally Posted by Adwynyth View Post
You say Dark Side like it's a bad thing.

*shoots a wandering Ewok for emphasis*
It's not so much that Dark Side is inherently bad(well, I mean, aside from the part where that is literally true) as that not only did I never take any DS options, if there was an LS option I took that, even if there were also neutral options.

Spoiler

Also, Ad, I rolled a baby Pureblood Jugg the other day and have her in the Elegant Dress in your honor.

Adwynyth
09.12.2013 , 03:45 AM | #3994
Quote: Originally Posted by theStirge View Post
Also, Ad, I rolled a baby Pureblood Jugg the other day and have her in the Elegant Dress in your honor.
Bahahahahaha! I love it.
Really? Another one?
What? You picked out the damn thing for me.
Yeah, after you almost got yourself killed in a slinky number and stripper heels.
Well, I was going for shock factor.
Riiight. I recall you were single at that point, too.
Vette...
Awright awright...back to Sith business...
Grr.
Horrendously bad fan fiction: Sith in a Pretty Dress

alaurin
09.12.2013 , 09:01 AM | #3995
I'll catch the index up in a bit....

Comments/Replies:
Spoiler

Now for another installment with Tia....

Title: Behind Enemy Lines
Prompt: The Morning After, Technology
Character: Tiannya-trooper
Setting: An Imperial battleship, happens immediately after this and this.
Spoilers: I’m going to play it safe and say Trooper spoilers through Act 1

***warning: ummm, lets just say adult themes.....I'm sure you all know me well enough to know what that means...
Spoiler

Author’s Note: (spoilers through Trooper Act 1)
Spoiler

DarthSillyMonkey
09.12.2013 , 11:12 PM | #3996
Ok, wow. Get a little busy, miss a few days and *BAM*, stories multiply like tribbles in here. Too many to go back and comment on right now, so I'll say this, and endeavor to keep up moving forward.

SOOOOOOO much good stuff! Keep it coming guys! And welcome TheStirge and CNS Sarajevo! Looking forward to reading more of your work!

Ok, so I spent a lot of time writing. An idea turned into another idea that turned into me swiping an idea from YoshiRaphElan story, which turned into another idea mid story... needless to say, a plan is in motion that is grandiose, and will hopefully yield enjoyable result for those who read my stuff.

And with that introduction, I give you part 1 of the aforementioned plan...

Prompt: Disguises/What's in a name (Fenn'rys)/Failure (sort of)
Title: The Fenn'rys Jobs, Pt.1
Class: Bounty Hunter (Drokk'it) /Agent (Fenn'rys)
Words: 4500'ish (It's shaping up to be one of those epic tales again. I apologize ahead of time for the eye strain)
Timeframe: In between BH Ch.3 Corellia and End of BH Ch.3, and after this, but before this
Spoilers: The name of a ship in the Agent Ch.3 storyline, and the name of a quest NPC in the BH.Ch1 storyline.

Huttese Primer: Schutta - A way to refer to someone using one of the seven words you can't say on TV.

ALERTS: Language and heavy sexual innuendo!

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
"Now you see that Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!" - Dark Helmet

bright_ephemera
09.13.2013 , 09:32 AM | #3997
Week of 9/13/2013
The Sure Bet - Sometimes things just fall into place, and the goal is in easy reach just an action or two away. Sometimes there's a choice between long odds and a safe bet. Or sometimes a surefire proposition walks right up and make an offer. Write about your characters' experience with a sure bet. Did it turn out the way they expected?

And, as ever,
Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=1675.
This week's featured NotLP:
Discovery - In our characters' journeys, we make some surprising discoveries. Sometimes they're things about ourselves or our friends, other times they're discoveries about the world around us. Either way, they usually take us by surprise. Suggested by Crezelle.

I should also point out the existence of the Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge, which encourages AU spinoffs from What If? NotLP entries. The AU thread offers a space to explore alternate storylines that differ from our characters' "canon" events.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 100+ authors to date. 2600+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
---(Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.)--- DELETA MALAVAI EST

bright_ephemera
09.13.2013 , 09:42 AM | #3998
My commentary may be a bit scattershot, but here goes.

@Thestirge, welcome to the thread! You got Kaliyo's sound down...the listing of languages in which she could swear had me grinning. As for Keeper, fantastic to hear from him. Always. And your note on forgiveness re: A.K. is entirely accurate, that really is the best facilitator to forgiving.

@alaurin, I can only imagine what General Garza would think of a maneuver like Tia's. Hopefully it works out. Ooh, and then the update…I have such mixed feelings about Fuse. I like his attitude here, still a nice guy.

@CNS_Sarajevo, welcome as well! The 'homegirl' line is the best thing ever for a Vette/friendly Warrior. I also like the lightsaber concept.

@DarthSillyMonkey, I like how Fenn’rys lays out her reasoning near the end. Very neat.

I wrote a Ruth!verse update for Wynston and Calline on last week’s The Story So Far prompt. Who else is new since the old TSSF prompt? Mellekor and Ananz! Spoilers for the Sith Warrior line.
Spoiler

Vierce I will copy from the earlier TSSF and add the developments that happened on the SFC, no game spoilers except for one companion's origin:
Spoiler

alaurin's handy-dandy index has the full list of SFC Pieces for these people.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 100+ authors to date. 2600+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
---(Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.)--- DELETA MALAVAI EST

YoshiRaphElan
09.13.2013 , 02:08 PM | #3999
Prompt - The Sure Bet
Title - Blue Milk Run
Class - Smuggler
No spoilers

Spoiler

Spoiler

theStirge
09.13.2013 , 04:07 PM | #4000
Continuing from my previous post. One of these days I'll put in the tiny effort to figure out how to link that, but it's only a couple posts back in the thread.

Still not really trying to match prompts, still not comfortable moving to my own thread. That feels like pressure to write, and when I feel pressured I do my normal avoidance BS and just don't write. Maybe once there's enough accumulation, I'll repost it all.

I really appreciate all the comments(from some of my favorite 'fic authors, squee!), more so because I am terrible at giving comments myself. I never know what to say.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the SI class story spoilers in addition to the usual IA spoilers.

Spoiler

Notes

Spoiler