User created PVP maps

JustxJerry

I would love to see what the community could do with such a tool.

I 100% back this idea. I still don't understand why we don't have multiple game types per map? Even just a bland part of Tattooine for some small team death match war zones would be cool (how great would a ranked ladder for 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, etc be?).

Nah...while we have some amazingly talented people in our community, the vast majority would blow at this sorta thing. I'd prefer to leave it to the pros.

I agree to an extent.

However, some of the best map and game mods in history have come from the community.

The only way it would work is if it had to be passed on to a team to test before putting just anything out for the public. I doubt they would invest that much man power to test everything submitted. They probably can't even read every suggestion post on the forums, let alone that.

I 100% back this idea. I still don't understand why we don't have multiple game types per map? Even just a bland part of Tattooine for some small team death match war zones would be cool (how great would a ranked ladder for 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, etc be?).

1v1 and 2v2... Terrible.

This wouldn't work in any way, without decent and sophisticated moderation.

I was thinking that it would be good if the community and the public moderated it, all voted on which we thought were good, then the top voted get a week long test run in game and if people like it, it stays, if not, it goes. However, I get the feeling there'd be a lot of trolls out there that would abuse this.

1v1 and 2v2... Terrible.

Why? Variety is the spice of life. I don't ever duel now, but I'd be curious how well I could do on various characters of mine if there was a built-in ranking system. And 2v2s seem like they'd be fun as hell (like doubles tennis! or 2 on 2 basketball!).