How about lower all the damage in this game and remove all the stuns?

NogueiraA

Stuns and cc have a place in this game. Most games just have a few classes that sacrifice dps and gain more control. In this game, every class can dps and stun/cc. Something needs to be done, but removing all stuns would be too extreme in the other direction, and pvp would just be boring.

Alternatively, revert the game back to 1.1 and attempt balance again.

Augments were a mistake. The problem was never use-relics, the problem was that sustained damage was too high and in 1.3 they just made it all worse. Not to mention they made twinking ten times worse. Then in 1.4 they made stuns unbearable.

In 1.1 you could argue that healers were too strong. I would agree to an extent, but mostly it was just an L2P issue. People interrupted wrong casts and didn't think before they used CC, which was beneficial for the healer. Today, the healer gets punished when the enemy is playing awfully, because bioware has catered to idiots.

Swtor's pvp was never very complex. Today it's a joke. Stun and burst rules all. Perhaps ranked games can still be balanced, when healers have dedicated tanks and such but aside from that? The majority doesn't even play ranked.

Edited by Majspuffen

Because hows PVP is going, people are very tired of so many stuns. I'm about to quit PVP in this game.

Yep. If they want to keep Bubble stun then they should make it so it only works on the Sorc/Sage who casts it. Otherwise it just works as normal force armor on anyone else.

Alternatively, revert the game back to 1.1 and attempt balance again.

Augments were a mistake. The problem was never use-relics, the problem was that sustained damage was too high and in 1.3 they just made it all worse. Not to mention they made twinking ten times worse. Then in 1.4 they made stuns unbearable.

At the moment the substained dmg is no problem, it's the burst dmg which is so massive.

If just healers and tank has a 2 sec stun with 3 minutes CD and a pure DPS min/max takes 6 or more GCD to kill a recruit, will be funnier?

At least we won't die to stunlock anymore...

Except that without nerfing heals in some way healers will once again become immortal. The majority of CC that gets randomly thrown around hits the DPS (hello stunbubbles)

Pvp should be focused on doing things, not preventing things being done, it should be fast paced and flowing. Currently it is not.

I disagree. PvE is about doing things.

PvP is about killing other characters in the process of achieving an objective.

My idea is how to remake the PVP (only the pvp without change the PVE) so that you can CONTROL your char 99% of the time, not 20% as it is now.

Stun, dead? No, another stun.. Dead? Yes. This is how SWTOR PVP works today.

Lowering all the damage you won't die so fast anymore, like before the expertise buff, you have time to think and you'll not see your HP bar dropping with no reaction. This is what we want.

People who says "stuns is fine, resolve is fine" are snipers in 35 meters distance shooting everybody.

How will implement that? I dunno, we pay BW to think about that and find the best solution but we know they have incompetent people working there.. Like the class balance guy, what the **** he did with resolve in 1.4, smash, bubble and more stunlocking. I really miss 1.1.

English is not my first language, sorry.

Edited by NogueiraA

Let's pretend there was an automatic 25% damage reduction in PvP...

Lowering damage directly benefits healers. Less damage means more time to heal and more room for mistakes. If healing remains where it is, healers will be able to keep themselves and multiple teammates up at the same time. PvP only works when people die and have to Rez.

Edited by Arkerus

They could make Resolve more useful than "Full or Not". Perhaps giving it percent reductions at 25, 50, and 75. It's already in the game why not make it more useful?

Most of the stuns could be simply turned into interrupts and/or debuffs, with a feature tacked on pertinent to the class. Simply using more debuff properties, such as; a damage debuff, a defense debuff, a GCD debuff, an ALACRITY DEBUFF, and of course a movement speed debuff.

Man, handing them such good ideas for free...:(

Edited by Natholomew

They could make Resolve more useful than "Full or Not". Perhaps giving it percent reductions at 25, 50, and 75. It's already in the game why not make it more useful?

Most of the stuns could be simply turned into interrupts and/or debuffs, with a feature tacked on pertinent to the class. Simply using more debuff properties, such as; a damage debuff, a defense debuff, a GCD debuff, an ALACRITY DEBUFF, and of course a movement speed debuff.

Man, handing them such good ideas for free...:(

great idea, but I think the current issue for many is the delay between server/client on the resolve bar. I could post vids....but I'm sure you've all had it happen to you. Your resolve is at 100% and still get stunned/mezzed/rooted. Or more obviously when you get pulled pushed or throw a stun and you or the other player slide or rubberband to some place other than where you initially saw them.

Having the stuns work off of the percent of what your resolve bar is at would be awesome if the engine wasn't so poor at this....like if my resolve bar is at 25% and I get hit by whirlwind I would only take 75% of the duration.

Stuns and cc have a place in this game. Most games just have a few classes that sacrifice dps and gain more control. In this game, every class can dps and stun/cc. Something needs to be done, but removing all stuns would be too extreme in the other direction, and pvp would just be boring.

I agree with this. If done right, CC can add an extra layer of tactics to combat that makes it really interesting. Unfortunately, CC was not done right in this game. Every class has 2-3 forms of CC on a shorter cooldown than everyone's CC breaker. It's just too easily spammed without thought or consequence, and that doesn't even include roots and snares.

It's just stupid and unfun. The combat in this game could be so much better if there were more ways to fight CC. The overabundance of CC is the only thing I don't like about SWTOR. People don't deride it as Stun Wars for nothing.

Let us craft an anti-cc consumable (like grenades). Decrease the cooldown on everyone's CC breaker. Simple changes that could really help the situation and don't even involve messing with the clunky Resolve system.

I agree with this. If done right, CC can add an extra layer of tactics to combat that makes it really interesting. Unfortunately, CC was not done right in this game. Every class has 2-3 forms of CC on a shorter cooldown than everyone's CC breaker. It's just too easily spammed without thought or consequence, and that doesn't even include roots and snares.

It's just stupid and unfun. The combat in this game could be so much better if there were more ways to fight CC. The overabundance of CC is the only thing I don't like about SWTOR. People don't deride it as Stun Wars for nothing.

Let us craft an anti-cc consumable (like grenades). Decrease the cooldown on everyone's CC breaker. Simple changes that could really help the situation and don't even involve messing with the clunky Resolve system.

Bolded and increased size of the important part. That in and of itself would make a huge difference in pvp. I wouldn't be opposed to stuns having a shorter duration in pvp, or perhaps any cc fills your resolve bar. The idea of shortening CC by the % of your resolve bar is a good solution also. Anything that limits the stun-locking until respawn issue that we have now. Because that is extremely frustrating, and is part of the reason people hate teams joining in pug play, as they usually work together well enough to stun-lock/execute normal pug players (who don't generally organize well).

Let's pretend there was an automatic 25% damage reduction in PvP...

Lowering damage directly benefits healers. Less damage means more time to heal and more room for mistakes. If healing remains where it is, healers will be able to keep themselves and multiple teammates up at the same time. PvP only works when people die and have to Rez.

My idea is lower everything inside the Warzones, healing included... Imagine, you take 8 GCD to do 12k damage and a healer can heal for 7k in 1GCD :D

I dunno if my idea is the best, but it's clearly this PVP needs a change.

snip... Your resolve is at 100% and still get stunned/mezzed/rooted. snip...

The problem is sooo many things don't affect resolve. The Bubble stun, grenades, slows and roots are not affected by resolve, and/or don't appreciably add to resolve.

Literally, while carrying the ball in Huttball, I was frozen in place for over 15 seconds, with a full resolve bar. (we had 4 healers that Huttball!).

I ran into a Voidstar against 4 operatives. Between the grenades and their non-resolve-building CC's, they just capped all the doors, because they just AOE CC'd everything.

The sheer amount of CC in this game will eventually kill PvP.

My idea is lower everything inside the Warzones, healing included... Imagine, you take 8 GCD to do 12k damage and a healer can heal for 7k in 1GCD :D

I dunno if my idea is the best, but it's clearly this PVP needs a change.

if you have problem with TTK, go play some ranked.