South African Players Unite!

Boerewors

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any South African players out there? Check in here and let us know who you are and what guilds and servers you are part of ;-).

We have a current and deployed Republic PVE EU guild called Republic Knights and it is up on Hidden Beks.

http://www.swtor.com/guilds/291562/republican-knights

Cape Town, from MyGaming.co.za and, you guessed it, same guild and server :D

Looking forward to seeing you all in-game.

ROCK ON!

And, of course, may the obligatory Force be with you.

I was stoked to see a Republic SA guild already sorted out, until I found it was on a RP-PvE server... :( .

Going to have to try find a nice hi pop EU PvP server.

Exactly what I said on mygaming.co.za... Soz but if I see a Sith in open world, Im gonna wanna show him who his master is.

Ok, sorry about that. There was a list posted over in mmo-champion that had it listed as RP-PvE, I was like *** lol. But still, I have found even though I focus mostly on PvE, PvP servers themselves just always seem to do better. Edited by -oz-

Ok, sorry about that. There was a list posted over in mmo-champion that had it listed as RP-PvE, I was like *** lol. But still, I have found even though I focus mostly on PvE, PvP servers themselves just always seem to do better.

Np! To each his/her/it own! Sooo looking forward to actually playing, no invite yet and no client yet ;-P

No client!!! Why have you not pre-loaded? I have a 4mb line and it took almost a full day to download.

I got a wireless ISP and can max throughput 60k/s download, it would take me 18 days to download.

I have multiple sources lined up for a client, hoping one of them comes through before the weekend at least. If they don't I will drive the 140km to Durban (I stay outside PMB) on Thursday to pick a copy up from anyone that is willing to share!

Anyone here stay in Durban and willing to help me if my plans fall through?

Damn dude, that sucks. But ye, I am in Durban, so if you can't organize the client, I will pop it on a couple DVD's and you can come collect it. Nothing worse than having access and not being able to play, that's just torture.

hmm, Boerewors did you get my messages? I replied to yours, but it does not show anything in my outbox, only your message in my inbox.

Got it yes! I replied to you. Totally awesome of you to offer to help me ;-)

Much appreciated! I hope we are setting a good trend for our little SA community!

Hey guys! Nice to see some other south africans on here! I haven't gotten intot he game just yet, but pre-ordered and verified my code a while ago (2 months at least), so it shouldn't be long...

I am a part of Order of the Risen & Order of the Fallen Guilds (Basically the same guild, just one is Republic, and the other is Imperial). We are on the Nightmare Land EU PVE server.

How many are there in your guild? I might decide to change over so I don't have to keep myself from laughing at all the pommy accents!

[Edit] It also looks like you could use a Smuggler (Gunslinger), let me know. Also I have the client fully downloaded for anyone in Cape Town that wants it... I am in Big Bay, but we can meet up anywhere.

Edited by misittig

How many are there in your guild? I might decide to change over so I don't have to keep myself from laughing at all the pommy accents!

[Edit] It also looks like you could use a Smuggler (Gunslinger), let me know. Also I have the client fully downloaded for anyone in Cape Town that wants it... I am in Big Bay, but we can meet up anywhere.

9 People on the deployment, more coming I am sure! We could use any class, so come join us! As soon as we are in game we will be able to invite once you have cleared the starter planet.

The main aim of a SA guild is not having to do group content late at night ;-) and getting together for guild gatherings and braais! The late nights is something that from experience is a reality in a EU guild usually since they are two hours ahead of us, unless you join up with a swiss or eastern EU guild, good luck understanding the lingo though ;-P

Seems this is the place to go then. If anyone else sees the similar thread I created just ignore it, should've used the search function first :p

From Cape Town too, waiting on the bloody box to arrive from the US. Hopefully see you guys in game just after Christmas.

Seems this is the place to go then. If anyone else sees the similar thread I created just ignore it, should've used the search function first :p

From Cape Town too, waiting on the bloody box to arrive from the US. Hopefully see you guys in game just after Christmas.

Hope you don't mind but I posted a link to this thread in yours just to let people know ;-).

Did you pre-order? If so, we can see you in game from when you get the early access invite up until the 20th.

Bioware have made noises about discussing the grace period at top level, so we will still wait and see what happens with that.