EA/Bioware the new SOE?

buckingmonkey

I haven't had anything to do with SOE in at least 8 years and counting

Treating the VAST majority of your customers like this..... Not wise at all.

Why are you doing this, who was it that thought this was a good idea?

That is all I have to say on this fiasco

I hate seeing Bioware continue to fall like this I loved this company :(

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They treated me just fine. I pre ordered on first day like I knew I would have to for early access. And they obliged.

It is YOUR fault you didn't pre order in time.

There a certain pre-order time.... LOL the stagger effect is pointless. All people want to know is when there getting in. Sending out a email saying your in on this day would of been better.

For people that are already in easy to fuel the fire. We all invested into this game and we've all payed money. For some of US 80-300 depending on who you got CE from. So people do have a right to complain. 80 bucks is not cheap. I've seen many adds that were misleading on google, 7 days early access today. If you preorder today your not getting 7 days. LOL

Edited by Todaz

For everyone posting about how upset they are, there are 20 people who are patiently waiting for their invite. My friends and I are all still waiting, anxiously I might add, but we see no reason to come on here and complain about it. I was in the Warhammer launch that left huge server imbalances and dead servers within months. I was there for the Aion launch where many people couldn't even get in the game due to errors. Anyone who was seriously interested in World Firsts would have pre-ordered as soon as SWTOR was available for pre-order. For everyone else, they have said they will be adding servers throughout the week so you don't even have to start out at a significant level disadvantage if you find that important.

for every post like this there will be like 40000000000000000000 people defending bioware

Really, seems the other way around to me. This forum is tame compared to the PR **** storm thats hitting BW on all sides on the rest of the net. But then again BW can't have their mods roaming everywhere else closing threads and censoring anything that remotely sounds negative like its Soviet Russia of the 70's and 80's like they can here.

EA has been the SOE equivalent for decades... Bioware is at the mercy of her MegaCorp. Boy, do I miss the days of independant developer companies. That's how Bioware made it's claim to fame.

That said, SWTOR wouldnt be here if they had stayed independant.

I had considered not buying SWTOR because of the EA involvement, but I decided that because I have always had a great experience with Bioware, I would go ahead and dive in.

At this point, I see this game as a dinosaur in the sense that it will probably be the last monthly subscription type game to be released. Micro transactions and full blown F2P like GW2 is quickly becoming the standard model.

not anymore. this is a major ball drop. Even the media is picking it up

No media mentions anything negative about this yet, only inpatient kids do.

They haven't done anything wrong, why would they get any media attention at all for this beside it going good? I think your drunk, and pulling things out of the thin air.

@buckingmonkey

You must be even more drunk, there is no fiasco here, only fiasco here is the stupidity of the player base, which think they know better then Bioware, and that is the only issue here.

Yes, we all wanna play, and we will all get to play. We're not even on the 15th, which was the date first announced, stop whining, crying and ************, you got zero ground for it.

At this point, I see this game as a dinosaur in the sense that it will probably be the last monthly subscription type game to be released. Micro transactions and full blown F2P like GW2 is quickly becoming the standard model.

Yeah... we've all seen how greatly supported NCsoft games have been for an example hu?

Big games, that will bring more content, won't be F2P, since the F2P and micro lolstion is a joke.

Edited by Zakihashi

and that's because they are WISELY letting people in, waves by waves? you guys really deserve to see how bad a launch with a huge amount of players is.

And i bet you didn't try the beta, because you wouldn't rage like this if you would. What's the point of joining, all togheter, at day1, and stick for 10 hour on the same quest because you cannot kill the mob to complete it (because you know, when there are like other 150 players trying to kill the same mob...you'll not gonna do it in less then 10 hours)

and that's because they are WISELY letting people in, waves by waves? you guys really deserve to see how bad a launch with a huge amount of players is.

And i bet you didn't try the beta, because you wouldn't rage like this if you would. What's the point of joining, all togheter, at day1, and stick for 10 hour on the same quest because you cannot kill the mob to complete it (because you know, when there are like other 150 players trying to kill the same mob...you'll not gonna do it in less then 10 hours)

ARE you so *********** braindead or what

??

THIS wave**** does not change anything

on the 20. servers will go down and huge queues will pop up

why?

because the most of the people want to play at that day

not anymore. this is a major ball drop. Even the media is picking it up

-rolls eyes-

How is the EGA Wrong, What don't you people understand? They clearly stated, way back when Pre-Orders started.

FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE? How fickle the F'ing memory is on ya'll.

That means, if I put my code in on the 21st of July, day 1 of the pre-order, then YES, I am going be playing before that guy who stuck it in on Nov. 21st.

Deal with it people. Your not a special snowflake, your just another stiff like everyone else here, if you can't understand the rules they & guidelines they put out on this, then I don't know what else to tell yah.

JJ

There a certain pre-order time.... LOL the stagger effect is pointless. All people want to know is when there getting in. Sending out a email saying your in on this day would of been better.

For people that are already in easy to fuel the fire. We all invested into this game and we've all payed money. For some of US 80-300 depending on who you got CE from. So people do have a right to complain. 80 bucks is not cheap. I've seen many adds that were misleading on google, 7 days early access today. If you preorder today your not getting 7 days. LOL

I'm really starting to agree with this more and more. I'll probably get access today due to my redemption date, but the whole idea of the staggering is just a false security blanket. Maybe staggering over a period of a couple days would be ok, but to pretend that this will prevent all of the issues that are going to pop up on the 20th is just insanity at its finest.