Player PvP'd AFK from 10-37

Mangzane

A player ( am I able to state his name? ), a commando, lvl'd from AFK'ing in warzones from 10-37.

How do I know? Myself, along with every republic pvper on "Infinite Empire" added him on our friends list, and made multiple tickets + screenshots/emails to the support team.

Yet he remains in game. It seems he now plays, and when people sware/cuss him out during warzones, he claims he called BW, and that everything he did is all right, and it seems he has not had any repercussions..

So...should I log on right now and AFK warzones while i study?

A player ( am I able to state his name? ), a commando, lvl'd from AFK'ing in warzones from 10-37.

How do I know? Myself, along with every republic pvper on "Infinite Empire" added him on our friends list, and made multiple tickets + screenshots/emails to the support team.

Yet he remains in game. It seems he now plays, and when people sware/cuss him out during warzones, he claims he called BW, and that everything he did is all right, and it seems he has not had any repercussions..

So...should I log on right now and AFK warzones while i study?

Working as intended.

He's lying. Most exploiters make this claim when they know they are in danger of being caught. You have no idea how many times I've heard someone sit there and try to claim "I talked to a rep who told me it was legit" which is itself bannable as said person is falsely representing an employee of the game.

10-37 is small fry to be honest.

Keller's void had an afker from the start and got to rank 60 valor before apparantly gold farmers were all told about ilum chests. Yes it was a gold farmer, but it still proves you can easily get away with afking that much.

10-37 is small fry to be honest.

Keller's void had an afker from the start and got to rank 60 valor before apparantly gold farmers were all told about ilum chests. Yes it was a gold farmer, but it still proves you can easily get away with afking that much.

aww i miss ole bnailfe

This. If he was TRULY AFK, he'd be booted for not moving (deserter). He may not have "contributed",but he surely wasn't "AFK".

All you need to do is stick something heavy on "W" and you won't be booted. you can also use the record feature on most gaming keyboards to click W every few seconds. It's very easy to avoid being kicked for AFKing.

All you need to do is stick something heavy on "W" and you won't be booted. you can also use the record feature on most gaming keyboards to click W every few seconds. It's very easy to avoid being kicked for AFKing.

Actually it's a bit more complicated then that, but I did see a non-stealther on Anchorhead AFK running into a rock for an entire Civil War, and I know at the very least I reported it (I say it because it has no integrity and as far as I am concerned is neither male nor female).

Alderaan would have come up during all this "AFK" time - how do you record jumping on the speeder?

Huttball was probably every other match - he navigated the hallway AFK?

I don't buy it.

My friend wrote a ticket on an afk'er, and if I remember correctly, BioWare responded saying that they won't punish standard afk'ing. Only if a bot is used to do so.

Or I read that on these forums somewhere.

Either way, take that with a grain of salt because of my foggy memory and iffy sources.

The player I was supposed to be defending the western turret with went up on the cliff, went into stealth, and crafted the whole game. When I got pissed after I got ambushed by three Imps and died, he told me to quit QQing and L2p. I don't understand why no in-game moderator exists to oversee things like this. People who exploit other players or systems in the game should be perma-banned.

This. If he was TRULY AFK, he'd be booted for not moving (deserter). He may not have "contributed",but he surely wasn't "AFK".

I've seen a player do this on huttball, he just use the autorun command with numpad's / and goes in the first pit then he just runs against a wal until he's killed then respawns and so on. I can name the guy too and have reported him lots of time.

Guy is going up and behind the turret and stealthing, had my friend go up to look at him, was afk most of the match. Next game he is against a wall in centre stealthed, told him to either start helping or leave, got lame excuse off him.

The guy is obviously leeching of us, why not participate if he is sat watching the battle?

Every time I see him do this I am going to bring him to the attention of the group, he is taking the place of someone who could be helping us win the battle.

its simple, /report afk kick feature in PvP, guildwars had it and i never heard any complaining, yes occassionally you get the jerks who dont like you and do it to get you booted, but it has more advantages than disadvantages. people will think twice espescially if they have an hour ban from pvp like GW had.

while i agree that it is rather frustrating to see it happen there isnt much we can do.

if you see somone using a bot in a game then they will be taken care of, however simply going afk, while still bad, is not a major concern for them right now considering the high numbers of bugs being reported, player abuse, etc.

im sorry but other things take precidence over some to help out the bigger picture.

i do agree that an afk vote kick button would be helpful, but most "afkers" are actually sitting there and will just click the "no im not afk button" that pops up when someone does votekick them.

a better system would be a majority vote rule so people can actually vote to kick others off of their team. a person who refuses to roll with the group or spams the whole game should be able to be kicked.

i dont think a penalty should be enacted for people vote kicked though.

i still see problems with people votekicking others on their team in the last few minutes of a game as a joke. to counter that problem they can make it so the votekick only works within the first 3-4 minutes of a game. no one wins faster than that so that would work fine imo.

you dont have to be 100% botting to be an AFKer. all you need to do is glance on your 2nd screen and navigate the maze to the start point. then pick a direction and press the / autorun key. no fancy sticking heavy weights on the W the game has autorun feature.

so then just go play WoW or BF3 or watch some prawns while you get free valor and xp AFKing warzones.

seen one on last nite on hutball he kept runnin forward and got stuck in the bottom channel between the rubble they farmed him for a bit while we went and won the match. so he wasnt completely useless :)

All they have to do is move out onto the field somewhere. In huttball they hide on the sides just past the goal line, and just hit the space bar here and there. We have several on my server and one I watched level from 10 to 40.

got so sick if him and a few others I would use my pull the pop them out of hiding hoping they would get stuck in the med center and booted from the match.

All they have to do to fix this is put in a minimum contribution requirement to gain anything from the match. It doesnt have to be more than say 20K in any one area (but healing would have to be set so its 20K+ healing done to someone other than your self) and the issue would be resolved.

If they do not make a contribution they would not get anything out of it, and if they actually had to work at it then they would stop doing it.

a better system would be a majority vote rule so people can actually vote to kick others off of their team. a person who refuses to roll with the group or spams the whole game should be able to be kicked.

i dont think a penalty should be enacted for people vote kicked though.

i still see problems with people votekicking others on their team in the last few minutes of a game as a joke. to counter that problem they can make it so the votekick only works within the first 3-4 minutes of a game. no one wins faster than that so that would work fine imo.

Exactly. That is all that we would need/care for having.

Also, make it easier to report then having to email screen shots, because obviously making tickets does nothing.

Who ever was in charge of over seeing this pvp structure really needs a smack in the head for not implementing such a simple solution..

Alderaan would have come up during all this "AFK" time - how do you record jumping on the speeder?

Huttball was probably every other match - he navigated the hallway AFK?

I don't buy it.

Lol, what are you on about?

I reported a player who was "running into the Pit wall" in huttball for AFKing in WZ. Saw the same player in Civil War running into a rock, doing the same thing. He got killed and got booted from the game for lack of getting on a speeder.

This method works in 2 out of the 3 WZ effortlessly.

However, after myself and many others reporting this guy, we stopped seeing him. Infact i went from seeing him 2 times a day to haven't seen him in 5 days now.

It IS possible, and it is being done very often. I'm not sure how you can be so blind.

Also, there are macro programs that can do this task easily.

Edited by Floored

there's a player named Hatchi on Hyperspace Canon server who AFKed bot. He was only lv 13 when I 1st met him in WZs, and now he's lv 50.

NEVER have I even seen him play once, and Ive met him in WZs very often.

He bots using a macro programme I think, cause his character have a specific path to run, he will always run from spawn spot to a place in hutball. His pathing is exactly the same everytime, so it cant be a real player.

This thread is funny.

However, he certainly was at his keyboard, OP - or he'd get booted with that debuff you have if you're in the safe zone.

HOWEVER, in your defense, Bioware honestly, compeltely, and 100% doesn't give a **** about it, you, or me.

This thread is funny.

However, he certainly was at his keyboard, OP - or he'd get booted with that debuff you have if you're in the safe zone.

HOWEVER, in your defense, Bioware honestly, compeltely, and 100% doesn't give a **** about it, you, or me.

Too true.

Edited by Mangzane