1.7 going live on 2/12

renoxodus

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ilum failed once due to lack of testing. Unless you experienced just how bad it was you, you cant really comment. You think that the lag in warzones is bad now - its NOTHING compared to what it was like on Ilum.

If Bioware had an excellent record in pushing out patches, this wouldn't be much of an issue but they don't. So it IS an issue. The dark side of the force clouds this one

O I remember in 40 Man pvp matches even the best of PC you couldn't move much or not all and it lagged so bad well lets just say I would log out tor the nite ..

O I remember in 40 Man pvp matches even the best of PC you couldn't move much or not all and it lagged so bad well lets just say I would log out tor the nite ..

Then again if you want to see world class event lagfests try GW2.. The prob with events is no matter who or what the MMO they always seem to get caught out by the demand on the day.. WHY - its not rocket science.

Keeping my fingers crossed. It's not the "content" I'm worried about, it's the re-occurring bugs that pop back in, and unresolved bugs from 1.4 will be the first things I'll see as soon as the update launches.

I'll be looking for disappearing taxis, companion lightsaber bugs, checking to see if my companion's health drops after mounting/loading an area, checking if unify colors works for me and my companions.

And then try the new content.

Keeping my fingers crossed. It's not the "content" I'm worried about, it's the re-occurring bugs that pop back in, and unresolved bugs from 1.4 will be the first things I'll see as soon as the update launches.

I'll be looking for disappearing taxis, companion lightsaber bugs, checking to see if my companion's health drops after mounting/loading an area, checking if unify colors works for me and my companions.

You can take companion ls bug out of the list but you never know when it will come back ^^

Buh bye! Can I haz your stuff?! Seriously though, I hate this mentality. This is entertainment, if you are not entertained do not pay or do not play! Simple! It's not like you just hate your left leg or something. If you did, yes you'd be stuck. But, this is a game! Life is too short to be so upset with a game.

To the person who responded to me and said that character copies don't allow for what gear you have is this true? can someone verify this? That seems a tad bit weird. If you copy something, you copy the detail of it as well which would include gear.

Wasnt that what i said in my comment ? Plus the the developers are the worst thing about this game, the rest is ok.

Reminds me . How much GDDR5 do I actually need to get rid of the dissapearing taxi bug exactly (thought a dev had addressed this (something to do with a shader change or was I dreaming).. I would have thought 2gb was overkill but I still get them..

I smell weeks of bugs ahead with no PTS testing.

*cringe*

yeah, really don't get the point of the pts if they only selectively have it up from time to time, especially since they usually take it offline, Then modify the build again before going live, which ends up creating a ton of bugs, like 1.4.

but hey, who knows, maybe there will be 0 bugs with this release and instead more bug fixes! :D

It's pointless to push stuff on PTS till they get the character copy thing working. And arguably pointless even after that. Vast majority of people only go on PTS to check out the changes that affect their toons. Not as if the old PTS stints caught any of the high profile bugs that ended up making it on live.

They didn't have testing for the Rakghoul Release, or the Scavenger hunt events either. This is a world event, that will be recurring regularly in the future. Further, the reputation framework is based on existing, functioning framework. Even if something were to go amiss in the first round, they can make adjustments before the second. Essentially, testing without ruining the surprise of the new world event. And let's be honest, how many people actually thoroughly test patches on PTS? They're not trained QA personnel. It serves the purpose of allowing the QA team to see what happens when the patch is being played by higher populations on a live server, because most of the people on it are just playing to see the content first, not trying to break things and filing detailed bug reports.

However, PTS is taking character copies for the upcoming expansion.

I smell weeks of bugs ahead with no PTS testing.

Since there is an event involved and it is a major part of the patch, they probably are trying to keep it like there are other events, relatively new and unknown for players logging in. PTS would spoil the "surprise." That is how I see it. Personally, I think not testing this is going to do more harm than good.

Yeah, I don't understand the no PTS. Every major patch they have released has had a wide range of bugs and that was after atleast a week of PTS. I don't get how they think it will be ok without any testing.

The bugs that have been discovered on pts, often made it pust pts into the game. Its really no big difference.

I don't understand why they aren't PTS testing. They just got the Character Copy feature up, it's a great time to test that and the new patch all together. They'll have plenty of testers with character copies up. Seems like a missed opportunity to me. Edited by spectreclees

Buh bye! Can I haz your stuff?! Seriously though, I hate this mentality. This is entertainment, if you are not entertained do not pay or do not play! Simple! It's not like you just hate your left leg or something. If you did, yes you'd be stuck. But, this is a game! Life is too short to be so upset with a game.

To the person who responded to me and said that character copies don't allow for what gear you have is this true? can someone verify this? That seems a tad bit weird. If you copy something, you copy the detail of it as well which would include gear.

FYI, I was part of the group that had character copies done waaaay back when. And no it is not true. Character copies are an exact copy of your character when the copy is executed. This includes every aspect of your character inlcuding inventory and gear. In fact, I now wish I could mail some creds over from my PTS toon to my live server toon... I used to be rich.

Anyway, I wanted to clarify. Your End Game gear will be there for you once you log in to the PTS.

Oh, one more thing. We should rename the PTS server to the Public Preview Server. That is in fact what peeps do. There are few that really do any testing. And now with open character copies more players will jump on the server to get their little preview with little or no thought of wringing out the content or environment.

Whining about the lack of testing on the PTS is ridiculous because peeps don't use it to test... lets just be honest about that.

Yeah, I don't understand the no PTS. Every major patch they have released has had a wide range of bugs and that was after atleast a week of PTS. I don't get how they think it will be ok without any testing.

Maybe because PTS as proved to not be reliable at all.

Maybe they can filter and then fix the bugs more efficiently once the pacth as come live.

In anycase i dont remember ever them testing any event on the PTS.

Edited by Spartanik

I'm not surprised at the precipitate release of 1.7. Concurrents are shrinking again - the post F2P surge may finally be fading, and this title is on a short leash nowadays. Major releases always boost the numbers. I think they'd rather take the heat for bugs than risk further attrition. We'll see how it goes.

I'm not surprised at the precipitate release of 1.7. Concurrents are shrinking again - the post F2P surge may finally be fading, and this title is on a short leash nowadays. Major releases always boost the numbers. I think they'd rather take the heat for bugs than risk further attrition. We'll see how it goes.

Considering the bugs still in the game a year later, yeah.

I mean I always thought pure F2P was just a bit too restrictive.

All these pages for this subject ? Phew , anyways it's an event , events don't ever go on the PTS. Also if you are worried about bugs then don't play in the first few hours and read the forums. The character transfer is for Makeb testing. I guess you can't please everybody or even anyone it seems.

oops iv'e actually added to this long pointless thread , iv'e been tarnished and I also took the bait , meh.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

They just reported over a $100 million profit off the CM market since release. The game is no longer about numbers because it is no longer dependent on subscriptions. You have to change how you think of this game and success. If there are only 100k players and they are hitting their numbers through CM then BW/EA are going to be happy.