Get rid of the one time password request

Phill

Bioware,

First I know there is probably a ton of threads on this already but if more people list it..there might be a chance you understand how annoying this is.

First it is NEVER a one time password request. I must have gotten 10 of these by now..every time you change computers, browsers, clear your cookies, tablets, phones, etc..

Second my credit card companies, banks, etc..don't have this requirement..why on earth do you?

I can possibly understand if I was trying to make changes to my account..then yes..but to just log it the forums..seems a bit much.

Edited by Phill

Bioware,

First I know there is probably a ton of threads on this already but if more people list it..there might be a chance you understand how annoying this is.

First it is NEVER a one time password request. I must have gotten 10 of these by now..every time you change computers, browsers, clear your cookies, tablets, phones, etc..

Second my credit card companies, banks, etc..don't have this requirement..why on earth do you?

I can possibly understand if I was trying to make changes to my account..then yes..but to just log it the forums..seems a bit much.

once per month is fine and way better

• 1 year later...
I know i'm old and have been with this game forever, but back when it came out the one time use password didn't exist. Instead they had a series of questions that you provided answers for that if it didn't recognize your computer you had to answer (I had to answer these every time I logged in for a while). While this was annoying if it happened a lot we should have an available option to choose between this and the one time use password because this was less annoying.

Does no one really understand the one time password is THEIR FAULT

Its just a protection added by EA for when peoples IP Addresses change

Ask your internet supplier for a static IP address and your problem is solved and you will never get another one time password again.

Or (Im told) buy the Security Key and that also eliminates the one time password.

This is a security protection offered up for free by EA and personally I approve of it

Even if my IP address does change occasionally after a black out or power loss

Small discomfort to handle for the added security they give.

Stop expecting everyone else to do things for you already

The answer to all your problems is 100% in your hands.

Does no one really understand the one time password is THEIR FAULT

Its just a protection added by EA for when peoples IP Addresses change

Ask your internet supplier for a static IP address and your problem is solved and you will never get another one time password again.

Or (Im told) buy the Security Key and that also eliminates the one time password.

This is a security protection offered up for free by EA and personally I approve of it

Even if my IP address does change occasionally after a black out or power loss

Small discomfort to handle for the added security they give.

Stop expecting everyone else to do things for you already

The answer to all your problems is 100% in your hands.

/facepalm

One time password means one time use...

basically the password can only be used once, not that you may not be asked again in the future.

If you want to get rid of it get a security key, otherwise Bioware is taking precautions to protect their own *** when it comes to finances and possibly hacking your account.

i love it, should be many other games too

I get the OTP request even from the same computer, browser, and public IP. Once per week or once-per-change would be fine.

But it's worth it if it keeps the jawas out of my account.

I know i'm old and have been with this game forever, but back when it came out the one time use password didn't exist. Instead they had a series of questions that you provided answers for that if it didn't recognize your computer you had to answer (I had to answer these every time I logged in for a while). While this was annoying if it happened a lot we should have an available option to choose between this and the one time use password because this was less annoying.

I feel that that having the option of choosing between the one time password and the security questions would be a good idea. It would allow for people to have more say in how they verified their identity to the game so they could log in.