People are amazing

MouseNoFour

Meanwhile whilst leveling my Marauder from 45-46 on the planet Voss.

LFG [Random H4 Heroic]

Merc: invite

You have invited Merc

Merc: lets go

Me: we only have 2

Merc: i am 50

You have entered a Heroic area

Merc: where is talos?

Me: that is Sith Inquisitor

Me: I am a Sith Marauder

Merc: ok get quinn out

Merc: do you have any cc?

Me: are you new?

Merc: are you an äss?

You have left the Heroic area

You have left the group

/chuckle

Edited by MouseNoFour

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LFG [Random H4 Heroic]

Merc: invite

You have invited Merc

Merc: lets go

Me: we only have 2

Merc: i am 50

You have entered a Heroic area

Merc: where is talos?

Me: that is Sith Inquisitor

Me: I am a Sith Marauder

Merc: ok get quinn out

Merc: are you an äss?

You have left the Heroic area

You have left the group

/chuckle

LOL Mouse I can beat that!

This happened a couple months ago but still fresh in mind

Im doing the weekly in Black Hole Rep side. I am a VERY WELL EQUIPED Healer Sage and my companion Qyzen has 22k health in Battlemaster/war hero gear.

Me: Sage healer lfg or partner to do CTS

I get a invite by a Vanguard with 16k health and sentinal with 15k health

Me: Hey all

them: Get your DPS companion

Me: good to meet you (summons Nadia)

Me: Ill cc gun and send Nadia to what ever Vanguard attacks ok?

Vanguard starts fight with out a word second after I say that

I scramble to cc gun (which vanguard breaks) and send nadia to assist vanguard

I notice nothing attacking vanguard and everything is attacking me or my companion Nadia

We wipe

I summon Qyzen and set taunt on

them: Get your DPS companion, we have a tank

Vanguard, Im a tank, are you trying to troll us?

me: Sorry but I need my tanks to taunt so I can heal longer then 5 seconds. You taunt, I heal, DPS kill, thats how it works.

them: Get Nadia

*Bored of conversation I send Qyzen in and we clear the remainder of front stuff with no issues or deaths*

Them: GET YOUR @^%@^@^% DPS COMPANION!!!!!

*I ignore then and go up elevator and resummon Qyzen and wait*

They come up and again "GET YOUR @^%@^@^% DPS COMPANION!!!!!*

I pull solo guy with no issue. Then I pull next group and solo it with them ************ at me to get my DPS companion, we have a tank

*completely bored of this nonsense I say*

"listen you 2, I really dont need this crap. I can almost solo this heroic as it is and dont need to sit here being yelled at by 2 players that clearly have no clue how to play their classes. Im leaving to find a different group"

*I leave group*

Suddenly you start seeing spam over general

*So and so (me) is a terrible healer!!!! Dont group with him*

I put out my own "Healer Sage LFG or Partner for no drama run of CTS"

I get a invite from a Guardian almost instantly

We 2 man CTS in under 15 minutes, no deaths, no drama

And when we exit CTS, the Vanguard and Sent still outside looking for healer and yelling about how terrible a healer I am and no one group with me.

I waved as I rode off to turn in Weekly and get the freaking hell outta that loony bin

And of course put those 2 morons on ignore

I progress very slowly anymore because I just will not PUG period. In the beginning, it was not so bad. Some bad experiences but mostly good. And I mean cool people, not necessarily the greatest players. It was usually fun.

Anymore, it is a nightmare and I just totally stopped joining any PUG. Hinders me in speed tremendously but at least I have no aggravation. If the game is no fun, I can 't see playing. And for me, PUGs have become a nearly certain way to ensure that things will not be fun.

/chuckle

I'd say you started the cycle of acrimony. It's a fair question to ask if someone has any CC, since all 8 advanced classes have different CCs and they work differently. Some are out of combat. Some only work on droids. Some only work on humanoids. Someone who's played for 2 months isn't exactly new, but would not have learned all 8 classes' team-relevant abilities like CCs or knockbacks.

some players think that they always know everything that they NOT.

shouting people and blame them because don't want to listen to them is a way of noob.

i had met this type of people in every game and yeah they're exist. so don't bother them and find a real player to be your friend and partner. there still more pro player out there.

Even the new player pugs ive come across know about other characters CC's, especially if your on a place liek Voss etc .. you definately would have learnt the CC's of other classes by then but also.. last I checked Juggernaut and Powertech has NO CC what so ever.. so your 8 goes down to a 6

Juggernauts and Powertechs have other forms of CCs, like a knockback or pull. But the question is this: is it reasonable to expect other players to know all other advanced classes' important abilities? And when is it acceptable to belittle other players for daring to group with you without knowing all the classes' abilities?

Edit for typo.

Edited by ThePasserby
typo

You are amazing too OP, instead simply answer "Yes or No" You have to answer "are you new?" When you treat people unfriendly first, you have no right to complain people are unfriendly to you.

Not everyone know detail of every single class in the game. I played this game since Aug in Beta and I still have no idea about Guardian, Gunslinger and Commando since I never play one.

I had a guy stop a FP and lecture me on the reasons to only use crouch on my sniper and NOT cover. I tried to explain I use both depending on the situation. They did not reply, but after the next fight when I rolled across to get out of a circle on the floor he stopped again to lecture me. He was the tank, and a good one otherwise, so I didn't bother replying and tried to limit my reactions for the rest of the FP.

I never died or caused a wipe, I did my dps job yet this know-it-all had to stop everything to share his "wisdom". I wouldn't care if he wanted to talk afterward, but being a diva.....ugh

I just don't PUG. Period. I had hoped, that coming to this game from "that other MMO" :rolleyes: the community would be a little 'better'. It is, in a lot of ways - somewhat. But groups are groups no matter where you go I guess. Some few are decent - the rest just make it all not worth the effort.

As a result I have group invites set to auto-decline. If I can't solo it, I don't need to do it that bad then, or I wait. Besides - challenging is good :) I wring every last drop of enjoyment I can get from every encounter while leveling up. I learn my class as best I can by being forced to use every ability and pay attention - not only in heroics, but because I tend to keep myself underleveled by 2-3 levels that is actually most of the time.

That to me makes up for the 'fun' of grouping. Besides, much of the time - if I come across a group of 4-6 other people running the same quests or whatever - I end up turning in around the same time they do, either just before or just after. So I see no real point to grouping speed-wise for questing either + I don't have to share the nice drops :D

Even the new player pugs ive come across know about other characters CC's, especially if your on a place liek Voss etc .. you definately would have learnt the CC's of other classes by then but also.. last I checked Juggernaut and Powertech has NO CC what so ever.. so your 8 goes down to a 6

To be honest, your assumptions are not entirely reasonable, and you're being awfully defensive over all this when all one has to do if asked a simple question, even an obvious one, is answer yes or no.

The only ways a new player (read: hasn't played tons of classes) would know this is a) running Flashpoints where someone happens to CC (rarely happens while leveling these days), b) doing heroic quests where people happen to CC (again, a rarity), or c) being CCd / seeing CC in PvP and realizing who's casting it (which presumes lots of things). In this age of XP boosts and PvP XP, it is perfectly feasible that people could level all the way to 50 without being very sure who CCs what and how, seeing as you can level 1-50 without doing any of the above.

This is all much ado about nothing, though... because a yes or a no would have diffused the situation entirely. Passive-aggressive and distasteful folks start fights, but it takes two to actually fight.

My absolute favorite came from a tank, actually. I usually play a healer type, mind you. So I was running a FP one day with the group finder on my Operative healer. We come running up to the first boss of the FP and we're all standing there, waiting for the tank to ... umm ... tank. You know, go in there and actually hit something, taunt, get aggro -- something.

Finally, one of the DPS just asks why the tank is waiting. He replies, "Who? Me?" "Yes, powertech. You are marked as the tank, because you qued up as a tank in the group finder." He finally jumps in there and starts hitting the boss. But he tosses not a single taunt. We wipe. He's complaining these NPC's are just too tough. But we all come back, and carefully instruct him. I mean it. "You have to taunt. You should have the button on your action bar. Just taunt the boss, keep him focused on you. Promise I'll heal you." I'm beyond grateful the DPS is so patient. Neither of them left, anyway.

We come to the next boss. We're all standing there. Tank does nothing. Finally, I ask him what's wrong. He says to me, I kid you not, "I tanked the last guy. It's your turn."

To this day, I am not sure why the dps stuck around. Heck, they didn't even type curses into the party chat. They even waited as I explained there was no single way in the world my healing Operative was going to be able to tank anymore than he'd be able to heal my Operative with his Powertech. "Our characters just have different abilities, guy. You have to tank. It's your job during this entire flashpoint."

But honestly. I thought the fact we finished the flashpoint was great. He even seemed to be having fun by the end. And except for that first wipe, we didn't really have too many issues. The DPS seemed to be pretty cool. Shot me a couple of whispers thanking me for good heals, anyway. I chalked the whole thing up to someone who really just didn't have a clue what he was doing. And I walked away with a decently funny story from it, shrug. So it's all good.

We come to the next boss. We're all standing there. Tank does nothing. Finally, I ask him what's wrong. He says to me, I kid you not, "I tanked the last guy. It's your turn."

And I walked away with a decently funny story from it, shrug. So it's all good.

:eek::D:p

ROFL - oh thank you for that. Still laughing. Decently funny just starts to cover that.

Kudos to you, and the rest of the group - for sticking in and helping him/her to understand what was going on tho. A Lot of people would have berated them, made them miserable, and generally ruined their experience - just because they could have - without doing one single thing to help them understand.

Edited by Akiviri

Here is my story.

L.I.

Get to the spot where you jump off the cliff to the first boss. ( when you skip all the mobs.)

Standing there waiting for one of the grp, guy says to me in party, " you should not be here, your gear is not good enough".

I understand that people worry about LI because it is a hard place for some. BUT!!!!! I am in mostly BH, Camp gear. The only thing is it is in mod gear. ( I have a certain look I like).

So I explain to said person that if he looked at my mods/enhance/armor he would see that I was WAY overgeared for the place.

And now a 5 min rant comes from said person about how I am not in that type of gear. That there is no way I could be because every piece I was wearing was orange.

Even the other person standing there with us, and the one we were waiting on, was trying to explain to him that you could take the mods out and put it in other gear.

He still insisted we were wrong and left.

I still wonder if he/she knows now.

Ok, I gotta chime in on my Recruitment [2+ Heroic] on Nar Shaddaa.

My Sith Assassin gets an invite from a Sorcerer. I figure I can tank/dps and if he's experienced, we can do this. I ask and he replies in the affirmative. We go once he arrives. He runs Andronikos, I run Khem. I start to explain what I'm about to CC and he sends Andronikos off and attacks, voiding my ability to CC (Assassins can only CC while stealthed and you cannot enter stealth once combat begins). Andronikos does Sweeping fire and aggros two groups and we wipe. I tell him to turn off Androinikos' AoEs. He said he did and we go again.

Guess what? We wipe cuz he did not turn off the AoE. I get a little frustrated, but try to instruct him on how to turn abilities on and off. He gets cranky back with me, but to his credit, does not leave. So we spend a little time going over what it means to turn it off. We settle on him bringing his Khem out. We set up and I manage to CC and I attack the weakest guy first (as you should). All of a sudden, blazing blaster fire. He pulled his Andronikos out while I was focused on CCing, voids my CC and aggros the two groups again. He dies, but fortunatly I have just enough left in me to finish off the last guy, barely. (We did manage to kill a couple every time so that last one was barely managable).

So I refuse to go on until he pulls Khem back out. I instruct him to turn off the AoEs, he says he did. Move on to the next. I CC, check to see he didn't pull Andronikos again, and then attack. Khem rushes over and Cleaves voiding my CC. We wipe. I asked him how many times he's run this mission. "Never." I ask why he said he was experienced in the beginning, he said he was, just on Republic side. This was his first Imperial character. :confused: I suppose I deserve that. I did just ask about his experience, not his IMPERIAL experience.

Oh well. I go into teacher mode. We spend the rest of the mission finally learning to turn off BOTH of Khem's AoEs and finish the mission. I put him on ignore, but then took him back off again after I thought about it. We all make mistakes and hopefullly he learned from it. Well, it was of little consequence since I never grouped with him again.

I don't understand why so many say the community as a whole is tough to PUG in. On my server, you can happily pug content at least 9 out of 10 times. Isn't that an acceptable rate? I'm not saying just winning, I mean 0 problems most of the time.

I agree with you though, this is memorable just because it so rarely happens. I've done hundreds of PUGs, even on the fly PUGs, grab the 3 nearest people and go. I've yet to get to the point where I would even consider NEVER PUGing again. If there are those out there who swear off PUGing, it's probably for the best since they are most likely overbearing elitists anyway. I play to have fun.

Edited by Thylbanus

It's a simple solo game.

The simplicity means it's possible to never learn any MMO tactics and still succeed.

The solo-ness means it's possible to never interact with, and thus never learn other classes' abilities, and still succeed.

Edited by CosmicKat

It's weird that some people/servers always seem to have bad PUG experiences. I'm on Jedi Covenant, play Pub and Imp, and rarely have any issues.

The only one I had recent enough to remember is in a GF HMFP (MP). We're all 50, all geared, and all know the deal (supposedly). So one DPS is getting upset cuz we're not clicking all the blue things and doing side quests. We explain that at this point it's not worth it, we're here for BH comms, not the extra $12 and 15 Legacy XP you get for doing any bonus stuff that takes twice as long.

So 3 of us want to power through it, but the 1 that doesn't is constantly holding us up to kill trash and click blue items, so I'm always having to run back to save/heal. Meanwhile the other Tank/DPS are rolling through trash like butter. We get to G.I. Laser Eye and our Private Pyle is trying to tell us what to do during the fight while we are clearly stomping on the boss, there's no issue.

After that we're like

"look, us 3 know what we're doing, we're not doing bonus stuff, we're here for the comms, you are outvoted 3-1, so please get with the program so we can get this done".

"Oh, but I always do everything".

"Ok, then don't do random GF, make your own group and call the shots, but don't try to force others to do only what you want"

He wouldn't let it go so we had to kickvote.

I'll chime in with my lovely group run.

2 of us are guilded, other 2 aren't.

Marauder - DPS (me) Jugg - TANK (guildy) Sorc - HEALER (unguilded) Sniper - DPS (unguilded)

Foundry, Hard mode.

Me - Everyone knows what to do and their roles?

Jugg - I'm the healer right?

Jugg rank was changed to meatbag

Jugg - lol. I know what to do.

Jugg rank was set back to officer

(I do that to him)

First fights, no problem, hardly any healing done or needed.

First boss, we walk behind. Continue clearing.

Then we get to HK.

Wipe.

Me - Okay, that was weird. Redo.

Wipe.

Me in vent - You're tanking right?

Jugg - Yeah, not getting healed.

Me - Wha?

Wipe again

Me (PISSED) - WTH, WHERE ARE THE HEALS SORC?

Sorc - Oh, I'm dps, not really a healer, was just in this for the hk part.

Me - You are assigned as the healer, And you aren't the healer? I'm sorry but you are getting kicked.

Sorc - wth is your problem bro, we can get this.

Sniper - Uh, no we can't. You need to heal us so we can survive. And stop breaking the cc's.

Sorc - Well sorry for wanting to complete the bonus too.

Me - ARE YOU SERIOUS!?

Jugg in vent is laughing

Sorc - Totally bro, come on we can get this done.

Sorc charges in and the 3 of us stand there and watch him drop.

Sorc - 1 shot killed me? This guy is op. Oh, my armor's been broken this whole time. lol.

You have initiated a vote to kick on the Sorc.

Sorc - BRO WTH IS YOUR PROBLEM WE GOT THIS.

Me - F. Off.

Sorc has left the group.

Operative has joined the group. Within seconds of each other.

Me - Are you actually a healer?

Jugg - Are you dps?

Sniper - Do you actually have an IQ?

Operative - I don't wanna know. I feel very scared, but yes, I am a healer, and I hope I have an IQ.

We finish, no wipe, no problems.