Retroactive Social Points

Just curious if with the updates to Hard Mode flashpoints there will be retroactive credit given for mission turn-ins. I've run probably over 50 HM flashpoints, ranked WZs to nearly 70, and done every boss of every operation multiple times.... yet I'm Social I. Since most of our guild characters are suitably geared from HMs, many with full alternate sets, I have no compelling reason to run HMs. Would be nice if all the HMs I've done in the past would grant social points, though I understand if there's technical limitations. I just really dislike the idea of "farming" social points when I should have been receiving them for everything I've done that is sociable.

Obviously I haven't checked the PTS to see if this is or is not the case since character transfers aren't available, so just throwing the inquiry out there.

Cheers

Edited by DeimosAmon

Just curious if with the updates to Hard Mode flashpoints there will be retroactive credit given for mission turn-ins. I've run probably over 50 HM flashpoints, ranked WZs to nearly 70, and done every boss of every operation multiple times.... yet I'm Social I. Since most of our guild characters are suitably geared from HMs, many with full alternate sets, I have no compelling reason to run HMs. Would be nice if all the HMs I've done in the past would grant social points, though I understand if there's technical limitations. I just really dislike the idea of "farming" social points when I should have been receiving them for everything I've done that is sociable.

Obviously I haven't checked the PTS to see if this is or is not the case since character transfers aren't available, so just throwing the inquiry out there.

Cheers

You won't be. That rarely, if ever happens in mmos. Gonna have to grind like everyone else if you want it. God forbid you help some noobs out on your server get some gear.

Cheers

Really?!? O.o

Just to clarify, pretty sure you wouldn't get any social points for warzones anyways...

Unless they added some conversations in there that I've been missing out on.

Though I can't say I wouldn't enjoy the opportunity to say "Ill kick the Huttball whenever I damn well please, and if that blob of fat over there doesn't like it I'll kick 'em in da 'ead till he's dead!"

Didn't know ranked wz's were out yet.

Rank in that context pertains to valor rank, sorry if there was a misunderstanding.

You won't be. That rarely, if ever happens in mmos. Gonna have to grind like everyone else if you want it. God forbid you help some noobs out on your server get some gear.

They've made retroactive changes to items(see: Rakata main hands). They're implementing a system that was tracked retroactively(see: legacy level). They've made retroactive changes to quests to enable continuations(see: BH dark side not continuing to Ilum).

They've stated they have advanced metrics on what everyone is doing all the time when talking about valor farming, so it's not absurd to assume they have logs of every HM quest anyone has ever completed. It's also not absurd to assume it's within their capabilities to parse that data and give social point updates to quests which should have had them(past HMs not giving them isn't a feature change, it was a bug, since normal modes did give them).

As for having to "grind like everyone else", if they credited past quests which should have them it'd affect everyone equally, and if they don't it will affect everyone equally. I have no interest in preferential treatment. If they don't I'll just faceroll Black Talon 100 times since that seems to be the gist of the system. It's not a big deal to me either way, just brought it up in case it hadn't occurred to them and tickled their fancy.

Really?!? O.o

Yes?!?! Sorry let me change the thread title to "OH NO SURGE CHANGES AHHHHH" since there aren't enough comments on that patch note. :p

Just to clarify, pretty sure you wouldn't get any social points for warzones anyways...

I'm aware of that, nor do you get them in Operations right now. Was merely pointing out a system designed to show how sociable someone is seems to be quite limited in scope, considering I only solo quest Belsavis dailies and spend the rest of my day in groups.

I can't think of a single instance of an MMO making a retroactive change like this.

The thing is - many have been considering this a bug. I mean, it doesn't even make sense that running BT on hard with 4x level 50 characters does not award social points, while steamrolling it on normal with the same group gives everyone 150+ points.

As long as Bioware doesn't come out and claim that this has been intended, I - and many others - will assume this is a bug, and it would not be so unreasonable to retroactively award what thousands of players have not received just because of this bug.

However, I am not expecting them to do so. Possibly it might not even be possible, maybe the system isn't even tracking and storing all the different choices in flashpoints people have ever made, and so wouldn't even have the data to retroactively give out the points people have missed on.