Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Find Weakness hurts my eyes

dandamanno
11.21.2012 , 07:05 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by hallucigenocide View Post
i dont really see how this is a problem... the icon pops up right there with your buffs
maybe spend a little less time looking for shiny stuff on your toon?
Why is there always someone who has to belittle people who would like to have different options from them. Other games have "enable combat response effects" and such. Why can't those players who want to have an effect visible on their character have that option? Because you wouldn't use it?

You should be championing your fellow players desires for more game options if it does not negatively affect your own gameplay, not coming up with such unhelpful suggestions as "spend a little less time looking for shiny stuff on your toon".

And although having a huge player portrait area with massive icons smack in the middle of their screen may work for some, I don't like having the view of the action obscured in such a way.

dandamanno
11.21.2012 , 07:07 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
Heh ? There is an effect on JK's Riposte ?
Yes, you glow a rather bright blue initially, and the JK's eyes glow blue for the duration of the buff.

hallucigenocide
11.21.2012 , 08:05 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by dandamanno View Post
Why is there always someone who has to belittle people who would like to have different options from them. Other games have "enable combat response effects" and such. Why can't those players who want to have an effect visible on their character have that option? Because you wouldn't use it?

You should be championing your fellow players desires for more game options if it does not negatively affect your own gameplay, not coming up with such unhelpful suggestions as "spend a little less time looking for shiny stuff on your toon".

And although having a huge player portrait area with massive icons smack in the middle of their screen may work for some, I don't like having the view of the action obscured in such a way.
i'm not trying to "belittle" anyone i just feel like sometimes there's people whom are misinformed and then i try to enlighten them. and no i wont "champion" my fellow players desires if i do not agree with them.
Dellamorte Jedi Battlemaster

Altheran
11.22.2012 , 07:17 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by dandamanno View Post
Yes, you glow a rather bright blue initially, and the JK's eyes glow blue for the duration of the buff.
Now that you mentionned it, maybe I've seen something like this in the past...

GrimMage
11.22.2012 , 09:36 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by hallucigenocide View Post
i'm not trying to "belittle" anyone i just feel like sometimes there's people whom are misinformed and then i try to enlighten them. and no i wont "champion" my fellow players desires if i do not agree with them.
Not a single person in this thread was misinformed in the way you are refering to.

You came in here and "informed us" that the buff appears in our buff bar, no ****.... really? We know it appears there, thats why the OP says it hurts his eyes. He doesn't want to stare at a little square for hours on end. It doesnt matter how big you make the buff bar, (especially sits it stupidly attached to the portrait) staring at one area strains eyes, is not conducive of a good gameplay experience, and detracts from the actual gameplay taking place. Lastly, i would like to point taking your eyes off the fight during an OPS to watch your buff bar the whole time leads to wipes.
iŻi▀▀▀▀▀iŻi‾°δ‾‾Pך▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇◗ CE

hallucigenocide
11.22.2012 , 12:19 PM | #16
it's really not that hard to notice it as you make it out to be.. i'm never staring at the buff bar waiting on it to pop up..
if you have it centered you'll allways notice it
Dellamorte Jedi Battlemaster

GARhenus
11.22.2012 , 07:45 PM | #17
stop fighting. it's bad.

OP just wants a more noticeable find weakness effect, maybe a sound effect plus sumthin flashier (but not too flashy)