Fair

MouseNoFour

I believe i acted 100% fairly, but just out of curiosity i would like your opinion as well.

I quite enjoy leveling up alts, when im not doing end game stuff, so i spend a lot of time on insignificant alts. All of them unguilded.

Now, out of habit i dont really pay much attention to who i get in a random group finder flashpoint - more so ''what'' i get in terms of classes. I am not likely to need to know who i grouped with so i rarely pay attention to names.

In this particular mid level flashpoint i was grouped with this certain player who - as a nicer way of putting it - was a complete bucket head (replace with less kinder word) to the group, myself included. This person kept on going on about how he knew the flashpoint better than anyone else, knew everyone's classes better than the players using them here, and how everyone present was full of ''fail''.

We ended up removing him from the group and successfully completing it with a companion to help (we were near the end so it wasnt worth replacing the player with another).

A couple days later, on my main i recognised that same player on my guild's roster (im not known for my memory when it comes to names). The only reason i remembered him, was because of the trouble he caused. I promptly removed him from the guild without a second thought. To this, he viciously objected.

I prefer to keep my alts names secret so as to avoid abuse from players who happen to know my other alts - aka alt stalking. I told him, that he was kicked because of a report from ''someone'' about his behavior in a flashpoint a couple days prior. He said it was a lie and that someone just wanted to tarnish his good name.

Now - SHOULD i have told him it was me who was this 'someone', or was my actions considered fair under the circumstances?

I think it was fair , you don't need to explain your self to him. As an officer of the guild it is your decision whether someone should be in it.

This guy would be tarnishing your guild name and you took action. job well done in my opinion

Eh. You should have told him it was you when he was, unknowingly, accusing you of lying. I'm not certain if it's (un)fair to kick him from the guild for his previous behaviour, but it doesn't sound like someone I'd want associated with my guild either... you're better off for sure, but you could have handled it a bit differently.

I've been in a similar situation in another game.

I told the guy after I gkicked him (and he protested that he'd done nothing to deserve it) that it was my alt in the group he behaved badly in, but didn't tell him WHICH group member was my alt. Basically, 'Let this be a lesson to you - treat every anonymous group finder person like you'd treat a guildmate, because they might just be one.'

In the end, it's up to you and how much you feel you need to protect your alter-ego, and you have to make the call. =)

was a complete bucket head (replace with less kinder word) to the group, myself included. This person kept on going on about how he knew the flashpoint better than anyone else, knew everyone's classes better than the players using them here, and how everyone present was full of ''fail''.

Different guild has different expectations of their members.

The alleged offending action appear to be trash talk and to some extend abusing other players not in guild.

So sounds like that bahaviour is against your guild's code of conduct. It is fair to remove from guild if the members have been communicated of the guild's expectation.

"trash talk"/"smack talk" are seen as normally sportmanship by some mmo community/guilds for their enjoying of the game.

I won't feel fair if my guild kick me out due to me not saying grace before a raid unless I was made known it is a catholic guild.

Edited by Banegio

I know you want to be fair and everything but this guy is a total dick - it's enough you told us and if necessary tell others if they ever ask about this incident. Just tell him "you never know who you're pugging with" if you feel like freaking him out more.

Different guild has different expectations of their members.

The alleged offending action appear to be trash talk and to some extend abusing other players not in guild.

So sounds like that bahaviour is against your guild's code of conduct. It is fair to remove from guild if the members have been communicated of the guild's expectation.

"trash talk"/"smack talk" are seen as normally sportmanship by some mmo community/guilds for their enjoying of the game.

I won't feel fair if my guild kick me out due to me not saying grace before a raid unless I was made known it is a catholic guild.

I was being kind in my description of this person. That and the fact that i would be banned from these forums (OK well i wouldn't be banned - just receive yet another infraction) so i kind of improved this person's behavior for the sake of this thread.