Change to Jedi Sage Force Wave is FAIL

Quinlynn

Having to be facing the target for this to work is fail in a game engine that cannot track location / facing effectively.

During multiple fights last night I turned to face a target and fired force wave / push and it did nothing because the client and sever could not sync fast enough in PVP.

For the record I was fighting Sorcs / BH and everytime made sure no reslove before using. One time the other player just moved towards me and eventhough the player was in front of me when it animated, no push occured and they moved past me.

This change is stupid, completely and utterly, especially combined with the reduced range of Stun.

Edited by Quinlynn

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone using push for months: you get used to it. Sure sometimes you push the imp over the goal line not in the pit (slight exaggeration) but tis still a fun and useful tool.

I think you are not understanding the change in 1.4.

If you are not facing the target you want to push, they will not be pushed.

Prior to 1.4, all targets around you were pushed.

Apparently our ability to use the force has become limited.

I think you are not understanding the change in 1.4.

If you are not facing the target you want to push, they will not be pushed.

Prior to 1.4, all targets around you were pushed.

Apparently our ability to use the force has become limited.

The problem is the same in the sense that lack of synchronization is problematic for both skills. Heck when a push misfires I'd most of the time rather see it do nothing then the thing I absolutely don't want it to do but did due to a sync glitch.

Whether utility went up or down is a matter of personal opinion. Haven't tested it on my sage alt that's gathering dust yet but if the conal range and punt are sufficiently increased I'd even see it as an upgrade.

The reduced cooldown on Force Speed and the amazing self-heal more than make up for you having to point your knock back.

As far as the reduced range on Force Stun, seriously cry more. You have plenty of other tools capable of controlling melee before they even get close enough for you to stun. Perhaps you should explore the rest of your abilities instead of relying on one or two of them. It'll make you a better player.

The reduced cooldown on Force Speed and the amazing self-heal more than make up for you having to point your knock back.

As far as the reduced range on Force Stun, seriously cry more. You have plenty of other tools capable of controlling melee before they even get close enough for you to stun. Perhaps you should explore the rest of your abilities instead of relying on one or two of them. It'll make you a better player.

In a game that has stun locking, shorter CD on FR isn't that great.

Running away doesn't do much good when your still getting pounded in your back side with no way to avoid constant roots and pulls and snares and slows.

I would rather have what I had than the changes they made.

Overall Sage has been nerfed IMO.

The ability is worth significantly more than simply a vs. melee ability. Indeed, since BW decided to pity melee and make it effortless for them to close distances on you, more than likely Force Stun on a melee isn't going to be an issue. It was vastly more useful for its utility, stopping caps, one of the few abilities that we could use against a shielded sniper.

Edited by pyradius

I have an i7-870, 8 GiGs RAM, and latency is 77ms, normally.

Very odd for sure, I'll have to play with it a bit more. Personally I like the increased range, and I am extremely mobile in combat so quickly spinning to direct it in the way I want it to go has not yet been an issue. Not to say I haven't misfired it, but that was my fault in those cases.

Ditto with me [edit: ditto was for pyradius' post]; so far, the only times Overload has misfired for me is when I've actually misused it. For example, I'm sure it was pretty hilarious for those 3 pubs on the bridge in VS to watch me fire off my Overload too early at them. Good thing I was able to sprint away and start healing my dps friends while they did my dirty work. :D

The more I've used it, though, the more I've come to like the new KB. The swath it cuts at 15m is so entertaining, it'll actually make you use the word "swath" for a change.

Edited by Sock_Bramson

Sorcs are back out in force (pun not intended) on POT5 and they're having no problems doing lots of damage, lots of heals and winning objectives. Those that work with other sorcs are also very very tough to kill now.

Sure some have missed my sentinel with their kbs - that's because I move a lot (old Wow habit of circling to opponent's back) but the stuns and kbs that are landing on my sent, especially in HB are still way too much and too constant.

I agree, for me it's a fail. But not because it's not longer useful but because it helps much less to your survability than before. I mean... yeah it is more powerful, you use it for a certain zone and no more enemies there, but it doesn't help for survability as the old one did. So if one melee comes after me, I use Force wave, he goes out of the range of my stun (!) and he leaps me straight away. So, why bother. It's useful to help others, situational if you want to sweep people off a certain zone, but thinking that your enemies will all gather at one side so you can get ride of them with Force wave is rather innocent...

So BW tells us an ability is instant for months when it's not, and then they make it instant but they change it. Good job.

Edited by TheHybris

Having to be facing the target for this to work is fail in a game engine that cannot track location / facing effectively.

During multiple fights last night I turned to face a target and fired force wave / push and it did nothing because the client and sever could not sync fast enough in PVP.

For the record I was fighting Sorcs / BH and everytime made sure no reslove before using. One time the other player just moved towards me and eventhough the player was in front of me when it animated, no push occured and they moved past me.

This change is stupid, completely and utterly, especially combined with the reduced range of Stun.

This happened with my shadow too yesterday. Forve wave did nothing. I have a guardian too and force push works fine

They nerfed AoE knock back but not for gunslingers/snipers? those classes right now are unbeatable...they have a ton of stuns, aoe knock back, impossible to kill...totally unbalancing the game. Add in the new Elite weapons and healers die faster then ever...lol this game was good now its a joke...RIP PvP now this game is just like any other mmo with the bad balancing in 1.4.

Ditto with me [edit: ditto was for pyradius' post]; so far, the only times Overload has misfired for me is when I've actually misused it. For example, I'm sure it was pretty hilarious for those 3 pubs on the bridge in VS to watch me fire off my Overload too early at them. Good thing I was able to sprint away and start healing my dps friends while they did my dirty work. :D

The more I've used it, though, the more I've come to like the new KB. The swath it cuts at 15m is so entertaining, it'll actually make you use the word "swath" for a change.

Yup and let's not forget that the instant aspect of it (no more lame animation delay) is also really a buff. I can't count the number of times I died while my char was in the animation for using my AoE knockback...

Oh, and I have to add a hilarious experience I had while guarding our player capping the door in Voidstar. Our opponents had dropped down out of the shielded area and would likely have been able to get a tap on our door capper, but I managed to time our new Force Wave so that I caught their players still in the air. At least 1-2 of them ended up back on the platform they had just jumped from, and we ended up capping the door, was quite satisfying :)

Edited by pyradius

They nerfed AoE knock back but not for gunslingers/snipers? those classes right now are unbeatable...they have a ton of stuns, aoe knock back, impossible to kill...totally unbalancing the game. Add in the new Elite weapons and healers die faster then ever...lol this game was good now its a joke...RIP PvP now this game is just like any other mmo with the bad balancing in 1.4.

Funny fact: in my Tele PVP spec I out Damage a Sniper in 1v1 without having to blow my DPS cooldowns. Especially considering my extra tools to keep myself alive (speed to LoS, shield, longer range wave). So yeah.. snipers are unbeatable monsters indeed..

I love the new Force Wave! IMO it is much more useful, all it takes is practice to get used to it.

10000 times this. People who complain about it are simply the people who not accept any kind of change well. Learn, adapt, become better.

As I said in another thread.. people who complain about this would also be the first to die in a zombie apocalypse because they will complain the zombies suddenly became OP when only a shot in the head can kill them.

Edited by Devlonir

I think my favorite new force wave moment was pushing somebody waiting for the 2nd fire to drop into the pit when standing my the medpack. Just kinda jumped towards him and pushed him +2 other dudes off

Then I think back to pre 1.4, when force wave didn't even knock somebody off the rafters half the time