Suggestion: Threat lowering ablities useful in PvP

johnyangelo

I got an idea what about make those threat lowering ablities useful in pvp?

It would be simple, when you press it, all enemies who are targeting you would get target cleared so they would have to target you again.

Would give you one or two global cds of time to do... anything... I can imagine it would be cool small aid for escaping.

What do you think?

It would be simple, when you press it, all enemies who are targeting you would get target cleared so they would have to target you again.

Would give you one or two global cds of time to do... anything... I can imagine it would be cool small aid for escaping.

What do you think?

That would be pretty cool. I'd support this.

They only have to press tab to target you again, so pretty useless.

GO PVP more and when a marauder/sentinel kills you first because you lost your target to execute and he still has his.....come back and post again.....?

Some of those abilities weren't supposed to be abused in pvp as they are. They were for pve purposes but when they show up in pvp, its like W T F do they need that with all the other defensive CD's they have.

Edited by Lejune

Absolutely agreed. Warriors/Knights already get some use out of their threat drop (Focused Defense and Force Camo for Guardians and Sents respectively).

Something as simple as what you suggest would be great. Especially for Commandos/Mercs.

the commando one has a natural affinity for reducing accuracy (ala pacify). it pops up like 4 or 5 copies of the commando to confuse the attacker. that would be a perfect sentinal pacify type abil. gawd knows commando dps need help.

What do you think?

In WarHammer, these were Debuffs that targeted a player to do 50% *less* damage to you for 15 seconds unless you hit them.

Witch Hunters/Witch Elfs had AOE ones because they were light-armor MDPS.

In WarHammer, these were Debuffs that targeted a player to do 50% *less* damage to you for 15 seconds unless you hit them.

This idea seems cool, but in SWTOR, it might be too powerful. In fact, it might make taunts seem pretty weak/useless by comparison, which would be a nerf to all Juggernaughts/Assassins/Powertechs. I would support the same effect if it was ~20% damage mitigation, however.

Witch Hunters/Witch Elfs had AOE ones because they were light-armor MDPS.

Warrior Priests had the aoe detaunt (DoK didn't for whatever reason) which made them ridiculously OP since they could easily heal themselves and the group while only taking 50% damage.

I just don't see detaunts working in this game.

Yes lets make it so when you use threat drop it makes pyrotechs and smashers target someone else

Target and hit themselves for the amount of damage they were about to crit that poor, scared sorcerer. Think twice before using your finisher, now!

Some of those abilities weren't supposed to be abused in pvp as they are. They were for pve purposes but when they show up in pvp, its like W T F do they need that with all the other defensive CD's they have.

Yeah, so many numbers popping above your head, every has 4 digits in.

Anyways, yeah, would be nice to have some use of those abilities. :)

At the very least, all classes should have one or more trees that have a talent to make the threat drop do something special. Snipers can make theirs remove roots.

Yeah unfortunately, that is only a skill tree ability: all specs don't support it :(

Warrior Priests had the aoe detaunt (DoK didn't for whatever reason) which made them ridiculously OP since they could easily heal themselves and the group while only taking 50% damage.

I just don't see detaunts working in this game.

I think that was eventually changed to a talented tactic to make an AOE, but until that point, they pretty much ruled small-scale skirmishes. They were very range reduced, like 15 meters or something. It'd be 10meters here since that classified as "Medium Range" for Powertechs/Vanguards.

Edited by RazielHex