What happened to Imperial PVP on this server?

ViciousFett

Won't speak for everybody as I stopped seriously PvPing when 8v8 ranked was taken out. But the competitiveness is a joke in this game, while the PvP itself in this game isn't bad and can be fun ranked is meh and needs much improvement. Main reason I stopped the grind, ranked is almost non existent and normals are too easy/onesided.

Warzone Annihilators unite. Want 8v8 back :( or at least better competition.

Anyway, just my view. Hopefully whatever they are working on that they said was 'better than cross server' pans out. Bring alot of people back if it does that don't PvP as much as they used to. Myself included.

Edited by Lithy

I seriously doubt the "better than cross server" thing is actually better than cross server

it's probably something like f2p get unlimited WZ or smth, because in BW's head that means more ppl in queue and more pops and as Eric Musco said ppl only want pops

maybe a tournament server or smth, like snave suggested, but either way when you see what other MMOs are doing with cross server (gw2 comes to mind) when they say it's too technically challenging or whatever, it's a bit pathetic tbh

Well given that the vast majority of the decent remaining PvPers have both imp and pub toons... Yeah. Heh.

The quality of the factions at any given moment is pretty much only decided by which toons people are logging on to with their friends.

All I'm seeing this morning is pubs crying. "Why you focusing me when I have the Huttball? " "you're so bad for focusing me" "we had more kills than you (in a Huttball)"

I don't get it, people just can't handle losing when their team sucks so they go to "say" and talk trash in mids like thats gonna do anything. Lol

All I'm seeing this morning is pubs crying. "Why you focusing me when I have the Huttball? " "you're so bad for focusing me" "we had more kills than you (in a Huttball)"

I don't get it, people just can't handle losing when their team sucks so they go to "say" and talk trash in mids like thats gonna do anything. Lol

read about the dunning kruger effect

read about the dunning kruger effect

Good troll, (honestly) but Dunning-Kruger goes waaay beyond the bounds of competitive game play.

There are certainly cognitive biases at work - that's just our nature. All of us, subject and commentator alike. Even this very thread is not real analysis, its catharsis. (Mostly.)

I seriously doubt the "better than cross server" thing is actually better than cross server

it's probably something like f2p get unlimited WZ or smth, because in BW's head that means more ppl in queue and more pops and as Eric Musco said ppl only want pops

maybe a tournament server or smth, like snave suggested, but either way when you see what other MMOs are doing with cross server (gw2 comes to mind) when they say it's too technically challenging or whatever, it's a bit pathetic tbh

IMHO, it will not be cross server, instead will be a central PvP server similar to the way we were all using the PTS to run 8v8 RWZs before they removed them. Erik M said in the snave vid that whatever this big change is, it would allow PvP'ers from all servers to compete, so... I also think they will bring back 8v8 as well when they do the central server thing. It will be interesting to see how they do the insta-character copy to the central server and what that zone or waiting area will be / look like.

In any endeavor, fully 49% of the participants are "below average". Even in difficult to quantify activities such as driving, love-making, cooking or decorating there are those who just don't make the grade. (of 'C').

EDIT: If the above doesn't make sense, ponder this - what do you call the person who graduated last in his or her class at med school?

'Doctor'.

Edited by Lotharofxev
Forgot something

Imp side: say no to pugs

darkness reborn

exit area

don't slap my jawa

bong weights protein shakes

pub side: triumph

That's what I see in regs, those 5 premades farming pugs all day. I don't think imp side has a bad pvp atm.

Honestly Say No and depending on their premade Triumph are really the only ones you can say farm regs, the others just queue up often.