Starship hook on Nar Shaddaa but not Dromund Kaas?

Ricover

Is this true? The landing pad on the balcony of the Nar Shaddaa stronghold has a starship hook while the landing pad on the Dromund Kaas balcony only has a centerpiece hook? If so, is it a bug or an oversight and scheduled for correction? If not, what could possibly have been the thinking behind putting a landing pad on the Dromund Kaas balcony and then not allowing a starship to land there?

The landing pad on the Dromund Kaas balcony needs a starship hook.

Is this true? The landing pad on the balcony of the Nar Shaddaa stronghold has a starship hook while the landing pad on the Dromund Kaas balcony only has a centerpiece hook? If so, is it a bug or an oversight and scheduled for correction? If not, what could possibly have been the thinking behind putting a landing pad on the Dromund Kaas balcony and then not allowing a starship to land there?

The landing pad on the Dromund Kaas balcony needs a starship hook.

It is intended. Tatooine/Nar Shaddaa are more prestigious and costs a lot more so you can have starship hooks etc. DK/Coruscant are 2nd tier strongholds aimed at people without alot of credits/CC so they have a bit less flashy stuff.

That seems a tad backwards - having crapholes like Tatooine and Nar Shadda classed as more premium over the capital worlds of Dromund Kaas and Coruscant.

I bought a Dromund Kaas anyway and will do that up first as I bother, I have the free Nar Shadda and rooms etc. but not much a fan on the planet the way it's designed in swtor.

That seems a tad backwards - having crapholes like Tatooine and Nar Shadda classed as more premium over the capital worlds of Dromund Kaas and Coruscant.

I bought a Dromund Kaas anyway and will do that up first as I bother, I have the free Nar Shadda and rooms etc. but not much a fan on the planet the way it's designed in swtor.

Capitol world = Cheap living for the heroes of the republic/empire.

"crapholes" = so you're a hero? Who cares, you pay full price!

• 3 weeks later...
Man, that is a bit disappointing, I got the free Nar Shadda house but I don't really care if it is supposed to be more prestigious or not, I fancy my character a very proud Imperial and I love Dromund Kaas, so definitely it is going to be my home regardless of it's prestige, the fact that I won't be able to put my starfighter on it's landing pad it's a bit annoying, moreover seeing that there is a landing pad on the house =P.

Nar Shaddaa might be a craphole where crime thrives down on the lower levels, but at the surface, it's a place where rich tourists go on vacation. The Sky Palace is supposed to be the Star Wars equivalent of a fancy Las Vegas apartment - and it is fancy. The Kaas City apartment is much more ordinary-looking.

But I think it would've been great if each planet had a big and a small stronghold; some of my characters wouldn't live in huge apartments, and having tons of rooms that are just locked looks weird. You should be able to get e.g. the Tatooine Homestead without the cliffside balcony and the extra landing pad, and with a few less rooms for "modest" characters.

Man, that is a bit disappointing, I got the free Nar Shadda house but I don't really care if it is supposed to be more prestigious or not, I fancy my character a very proud Imperial and I love Dromund Kaas, so definitely it is going to be my home regardless of it's prestige, the fact that I won't be able to put my starfighter on it's landing pad it's a bit annoying, moreover seeing that there is a landing pad on the house =P.

Same for me - but I'll let my bounty hunter have the Sky Palace. :p

About the landing pad: It's way too small for a starship. It seems to not be intended as a starship landing pad (none of the class ships could fit there even with half the ship missing) but more as a speeder landing pad. It would be cool, though, if we at some point got some centerpiece hook size small starship, like a single transport shuttle as opposed to the two or three that take up a starship hook.

About characters and their (too) prestigeous apartments, (copying from my previous post) I think it would've been great if each planet had a big and a small stronghold; some of my characters wouldn't live in huge apartments, and having tons of rooms that are just locked looks weird. You should be able to get e.g. the Tatooine Homestead without the cliffside balcony and the extra landing pad, and with a few less rooms for "modest" characters.

Your prestige isn't based on the stronghold, it's based on what items you've unlocked (and how many) and then the percentage of hooks used in the stronghold.

My DK stronghold has a much higher prestige rating is much higher than my NS one since I haven't unlocked all the rooms on NS.

If you aren't talking about the prestige rating, then ignore that comment :)

(oh and the landing pads on DK/Coruscant are hardly for ships, they are more for mounts, just going by their size)

Edited by OddballEasyEight

But I think it would've been great if each planet had a big and a small stronghold; some of my characters wouldn't live in huge apartments, and having tons of rooms that are just locked looks weird.

That would be cool.

DK is my favorite planet and I love Imperial fashion and design, and it would be neat to have a large estate (like the homestead) in the jungle outside the city.

Set up a few turrets and soon level-10s will be getting quests to storm your estate.

• 6 months later...
I find that DK/ Coruscant schould have starship hook. Bc one would give more creativity to Strongholds and that purpose of strongholds. Second now the Yavin Combat Arena can only be used in Tat/Nar. That isnt lore friendly bc you would see combat arena more on dromund kaas and coruscant. Or give use the function to make decorations smaller/bigger by ourselfs. That would delete the issue's we now have with the size of the hooks. Edited by SchadowBlade

• 2 weeks later...
I find that DK/ Coruscant schould have starship hook. Bc one would give more creativity to Strongholds and that purpose of strongholds. Second now the Yavin Combat Arena can only be used in Tat/Nar. That isnt lore friendly bc you would see combat arena more on dromund kaas and coruscant. Or give use the function to make decorations smaller/bigger by ourselfs. That would delete the issue's we now have with the size of the hooks.

They will never add the ability to change the size of a deco:

Realize that they have already created items that look 100% identical but as different sizes and they must be obtained seperately

The Statue of the Ancient Horror vs. Small Statue of the Ancient Horror is the first to come to mind, same statue two different sizes. There's also the two different sizes of Revan and a few others.

One way to look at it:

DK and Coruscant, being "Capitol" worlds have strict rules against starships landing within the residential areas of the city, so, the apartments (strongholds) on DK and Coruscant wouldn't have starship landing pads, only shuttle pads.

Nar Shadaa is more relaxed about such things and the Stronghold on Tatooine is in the middle of nowhere, so, starship pads. :)

Same for me - but I'll let my bounty hunter have the Sky Palace. :p

About the landing pad: It's way too small for a starship. It seems to not be intended as a starship landing pad (none of the class ships could fit there even with half the ship missing) but more as a speeder landing pad. It would be cool, though, if we at some point got some centerpiece hook size small starship, like a single transport shuttle as opposed to the two or three that take up a starship hook..

There are some ship model decorations that fit the dromund landing pad... I have the Imperial fighter and it's just the right size for the filling the pad without overhanging

There are some ship model decorations that fit the dromund landing pad... I have the Imperial fighter and it's just the right size for the filling the pad without overhanging

Those look better in the garage where they are supposed to land. They fly in through the forcefield/window at the end

Those are starfighters which are much smaller than starships

Also note that the starfighters you are talking about fit on large hooks, if you are putting that on the DK balcony spot: you just gave up your only centerpiece hook in the entire stronghold for something way smaller than what fits there

Edited by Kunovega