Get ready for new Double XP weekends!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, just in case anyone was curious (although I haven't seen it brought up directly) this does not also affect things like Valor. The double XP promotion only affects experience gains.

-eric

Thanks for answering that Eric, maybe in the future we could see some Double Valor, Comms, Social & Legacy type weekend events. From past games experiences, it really gets those gameplay avenues hopping.

Thanks again.

I know a lot of people like this, but I have never been a fan of double xp. I just can't play swtor like that. It becomes a game that starts to play itself. I suppose it is not too bad. I can just not play during those 4 days and do other things.

I know a lot of people like this, but I have never been a fan of double xp. I just can't play swtor like that. It becomes a game that starts to play itself. I suppose it is not too bad. I can just not play during those 4 days and do other things.

Or play on a level 50 toon that won't be affected by this...

is this the big news we have been told about?

In fairness, it was described as "some pretty cool information" by the devs and not "big news". The imaginations of people on the forum ran wild, however, and they took it to mean "big news".

I understand it is a really popular option, but I just can't play that way. free to play sounds like a good way to play without the xp boost. This is the only issue in an mmo that I feel strongly enough about that I will cancel my subscription for. I am sure this will boost subscribers and how much people play. The first time I canceled my mmo subscription over double xp weekends was Everquest. After that it was WoW. I really like swtor, so I hope that when I go free to play the xp boost is not there. For now I have canceled my subscription.

I understand it is a really popular option, but I just can't play that way. free to play sounds like a good way to play without the xp boost. This is the only issue in an mmo that I feel strongly enough about that I will cancel my subscription for. I am sure this will boost subscribers and how much people play. The first time I canceled my mmo subscription over double xp weekends was Everquest. After that it was WoW. I really like swtor, so I hope that when I go free to play the xp boost is not there. For now I have canceled my subscription.

You enjoy the game, obviously. Why cancel over a temporary situation that you actually understand from the other side of the fence?

Nice! By the end of this promotion, I'm going to at least have a fifth level 50 to add to my other four. :p

*THIS BONUS DOES NOT STACK WITH RESTED EXPERIENCE

Do you mean that rested XP won't get used at all during double XP weekends, or just that it'll get used like it normally would, only without the rested part of the XP being doubled?

Basically, killing a mob with rested XP but no boosts gives 200% (100% normal + 100% rested).

Would it then during double XP weekends be 300% (200% normal + 100% rested), or something else?

Basically, killing a mob with rested XP but no boosts gives 200% (100% normal + 100% rested).

Would it then during double XP weekends be 300% (200% normal + 100% rested), or something else?

From what I gather, it's essentially Rested EXP that works for everything, including quest rewards, space missions etc. (except you can't "run out" of it like with Rested EXP). The base number for all EXP you get in the game during that timeframe is automatically doubled. On top of that you can also apply additional EXP buffs, like the Legacy Perks (+30% for Class Story missions etc) and the regular EXP buff consumables. And from what has been said in this thread, during those periods, these buffs will also double up.

Edited by BenKatarn

Disclaimer: Didnt read all the replies so this might have bee brought up already.

First, love it.

Second, as a PvP'er I'm a bit worried over how this will affect my chances of maxing out comms pre-50. We're already to more or less ignore PvE between lvl 40 and lvl 50 to be able to max out our comms. Will there be any margin at all with the exp boost or are you increasing comms per match too?

I always forget that any time a company does something nice like this the people who apparently get bent out of shape because "I level too quickly" crawl out of the woodwork to complain, now while I can understand PVP concerns (certainly agree on wanting to grind comms pre 50 so you don't get steamrolled at 50), for those who are so bloody concerned about planet quests greying out, there's nothing stopping you from still doing them, too easy? Do them without a companion, guarantee it'll get a little tougher.

Seriously every time bioware does something nice, they get *****ed at due to the unpleasable people they have playin the game.

Edited by Twickers

I always forget that any time a company does something nice like this the people who apparently get bent out of shape because "I level too quickly" crawl out of the woodwork to complain, now while I can understand PVP concerns (certainly agree on wanting to grind comms pre 50 so you don't get steamrolled at 50), for those who are so bloody concerned about planet quests greying out, there's nothing stopping you from still doing them, too easy? Do them without a companion, guarantee it'll get a little tougher.

Seriously every time bioware does something nice, they get *****ed at due to the unpleasable people they have playin the game.

I find it more important to fix huge issues like server transfers over adding content. But I guess I'm the ONLY one.

I find it more important to fix huge issues like server transfers over adding content. But I guess I'm the ONLY one.

I'm not disagreeing on the fact that server transfers should have been done quite a while ago, but seriously, every time they do something nice, nobody ever seems greatful.

I'm not disagreeing on the fact that server transfers should have been done quite a while ago, but seriously, every time they do something nice, nobody ever seems greatful.

Once that major issue is fixed maybe I will be able to focus on the content and be grateful, right now I'm doing nothing but collecting monthly cartel coins.

I've gotta say I'm a bit disappointed by this "Big Announcement". I have 10 fully geared 50s and have been legacy 50 since ~September-October last year. I'm not really planning to levrel another toon, as it's already gonna be a huge grind to get all of my toons to level 55 when RoTHC comes out.

Was really looking forward to server transfers, as rated PVP for the pub side is almost dead on my server.