Black Robes for Jedi Knights/Consulars

Xirandir

As I'm sure has been mentioned before, a great deal of Jedi players are going after an ROTJ Luke Skywalker look, with the sleek black robes and whatnot.

I'm on mostly the same boat, only I'd like the wardrobe to be significantly more broad in terms of the color palette. A great deal of the robes I see in-game for Jedi Knights and Consulars look great for the standard Jedi or Consular who prefer the earthy browns, and tans, and burnt oranges and stuff.

The only issue is that the standard Jedi character isn't all of us. Some of us prefer to wear all white, and I've seen several all-white robes for the Jedi, but no all-black. I've stumbled upon the Warbringer's Body Armor, which has a nice black outer robe, but a sandy tunic that turns me off. When I heard about the Guardian's Maelstrom Chestplate? I **** myself. Ran Taral V until I got the pants and the top.

The latter is easily one of the better "black" robes (moreso just robes with black on it), but still carries those disconcerting.. actually, no - it's not even brown. It's a sickly green color.

Then comes along the glorious morning and I find a Jedi Myrmidon's chestpiece on the GTM, and I gobbled it up. All-black, with buckle-wrapped chestplates and robe-fit pauldrons, with cool little gunmetal accents on the back of the robe and hood. The issue here, is that the lower half of its' texture is completely garbled and distorted to the point of it being hilarious. It also happens to be one of the only pieces of clothing in the game I'm interested in that I can find absolutely no information on.

Suffice it to say, there are the occasional bits of gratuitous black in the game, yes - but I don't feel there's enough. Yes, we're Jedi Knights, not Sith. Yes, we're the good guys (Most of us, anyway), not evil, sadistic, morally-deprived tentacle-faces; but having black robes/armor wouldn't make us look like Sith. We'd look like Jedi in black robes, which is what quite a few of us want. I don't want to look like Darth Vader with the unwieldy cyborg tank-suit, or the Inquisitor with his giant spikey Warlock armor. Just a few palette swaps on pieces of armor.

Black fabric on the mandalorian-esque Jedi Knight armored robes? I'd be a happy camper.

Solid-black tunic and outer robe? Chuffed to bits.

As it stands, however, such items are horrifyingly few and far between.

That, and I'm quite curious as to whether or not Dark Alignment gear exists beyond relics, boots, and gloves -- and if so, where any of it is. If there is none, then at least put some black stuff for that madness in.

While I apologize for the WOT, this is something that has been on my mind for quite some time, as it's greatly hindered bringing the vision of my character to life.

Black is the color of Purity, after all. :jawa_tongue:

Under normal circumstances, I'd fully support you, OP. Unfortunately, I can't in this case, only because some artist will just have to put a bloody cape on it. Don't get me wrong, I like capes. In moderation. There is no need to put a bloody cape on every bloody outfit in the game.

I think we need more design overall. every jedi look the same, robe/cape in a brown colour. I want to see loads of colour's and enough of the hoods and capes, I wanna see my character's head!!! loads of different designs.

I know at the moment this isnt a priority but please at some point improve on this. I like colour!!!!! Especially Pink!

Under normal circumstances, I'd fully support you, OP. Unfortunately, I can't in this case, only because some artist will just have to put a bloody cape on it. Don't get me wrong, I like capes. In moderation. There is no need to put a bloody cape on every bloody outfit in the game.

c'mon get off BioWare's back

get it...cape....back...no cape....get off back...

ah forget it.

Edited by jdnyc