Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Madness seems to be moving in the right direction...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Madness seems to be moving in the right direction...
 

CelestialsDragon's Avatar


CelestialsDragon
05.03.2014 , 10:13 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by sithBracer View Post
No matter how much reduction they give us, it will not be enough for this spec. It is a DoT melee with light armor. The TTK is too long for us to stay in melee range. They either need to make the TTK similar to deception, give us DCDs similar to marauder as well as some burst, or make us ranged like the sorc. Nothing short of those things will save this spec. If they don't want to do this, I would prefer they just raise the damage so we can use it in PvE and concentrate on perfecting deception. Any of these "feel good" changes are nothing more than a waste of everybody's time.
I agree with this guy.

Evolixe's Avatar


Evolixe
05.04.2014 , 03:45 AM | #32
And I definitely don't. We're on the right track so far, lets not derail.
Evolixe [ToFN/PoT5] Exilove
PvE AMR - Livestream - PvP AMR - BiS PvP Mad/Bal - BiS PvP Dec/Infi
Quote:
Open yourself to suggestions from others.
There is so much to be learned from other people no matter how good you are.

sithBracer's Avatar


sithBracer
05.04.2014 , 07:00 AM | #33
Well, we all have a right to our opinions. One way or another I hope this class becomes viable for all gameplay. All forms of PvP and PvE.
Ma'kaela - jedi shadow in training
Mákaela - assassin in the shadows

Kaliedo's Avatar


Kaliedo
05.08.2014 , 01:33 AM | #34
Going off-topic for a bit, but I don't think my question was worth its own thread.

After playing around with madness for a bit, is there a better way to keep track of my dots besides singling my own out of everyone elses? I haven't been playing it for long so maybe I just lack practice but my rotation falls apart in an Op that requires a certain amount of situational awareness.

I've been looking through the interface editor for some option to display my debuffs only but I can't seem to find it or anything similar, not sure if I'm missing something.

Griad's Avatar


Griad
05.08.2014 , 02:55 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaliedo View Post
Going off-topic for a bit, but I don't think my question was worth its own thread.

After playing around with madness for a bit, is there a better way to keep track of my dots besides singling my own out of everyone elses? I haven't been playing it for long so maybe I just lack practice but my rotation falls apart in an Op that requires a certain amount of situational awareness.

I've been looking through the interface editor for some option to display my debuffs only but I can't seem to find it or anything similar, not sure if I'm missing something.
12 GCD is the time between dotting up i think someone wrote, so i am guessing its more about keeping track of them that way rather than trying to find it between the endless debuff on the boss.
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse

Aelanis's Avatar


Aelanis
05.08.2014 , 07:54 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Griad View Post
12 GCD is the time between dotting up i think someone wrote, so i am guessing its more about keeping track of them that way rather than trying to find it between the endless debuff on the boss.
Alternatively, keep track of your Discharge debuff on the boss. It helps a lot, since 12 GCDs of mostly Thrash is really boring to track. I've found that even in 16 man, just keeping track of Discharge gives decent results. Keeping track of Crushing Darkness is also fairly important, but will make it slightly more difficult to concentrate on the fight (but only slightly).
Ellendra (Kinetic Combat), Markan (Sawbones), Tenthiumus (Defense), Imilvos (Watchman), Mintilvos (Combat Medic),
Theraton (Madness), Xekran (Marksmanship)
The Shadowlands

Kaos_KidSWTOR's Avatar


Kaos_KidSWTOR
05.08.2014 , 09:22 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaliedo View Post
Going off-topic for a bit, but I don't think my question was worth its own thread.

After playing around with madness for a bit, is there a better way to keep track of my dots besides singling my own out of everyone elses? I haven't been playing it for long so maybe I just lack practice but my rotation falls apart in an Op that requires a certain amount of situational awareness.

I've been looking through the interface editor for some option to display my debuffs only but I can't seem to find it or anything similar, not sure if I'm missing something.

Sadly there is no way to do this, the DoT classes like Madness and Lethality have major issues with keeping track of their DoT's because they share DoT's with other classes. Also another issue to watch out for is others Sorcs or Sin's using up your stacks of Death Field, the game for some reason wasnt coded to keep track of YOUR DoT's for Death Field and Weakening Blast so it counts any Force DoT's from other Sorcs/Sin's and same for the Agent's Corrosive Dart/Grenade.

MKnightRider's Avatar


MKnightRider
05.08.2014 , 09:56 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaos_KidSWTOR View Post
Sadly there is no way to do this, the DoT classes like Madness and Lethality have major issues with keeping track of their DoT's because they share DoT's with other classes. Also another issue to watch out for is others Sorcs or Sin's using up your stacks of Death Field, the game for some reason wasnt coded to keep track of YOUR DoT's for Death Field and Weakening Blast so it counts any Force DoT's from other Sorcs/Sin's and same for the Agent's Corrosive Dart/Grenade.
Actually, as long as you are doing things right, you will always have an advantage if you have a Sorc in your group. This is because Discharge has a hit on application while Affliction does not, and we have much more uptime on our Crushing Darkness, so overall we have more hits and will eat more of their Death Field stacks than they will of ours.
Günthër
Gate Crasher - Deposer of the Dread Masters
Balance Shadow Guide / Madness Assassin Guide