Quin bugged??

Inara_Jinn

So, occasionally I get a little icon saying that Quinn needs to talk to my sith in private (female) but when I get on the ship, he doesn't have the icon anymore and no conversation takes place. This has happened a few times for me. Anyone else? I sent two tickets but nothing has happened. His affection level is sky high.

For me Quinn has been really buggy in general. I've had the dialogue prompt icon pop up for no reason too. I've noticed that when he actually does want to talk there is a problem with him randomly fainting on zoning. I've reported it, but I haven't noticed anything done with it.

It could be a bug, but it's also possible (depending upon where you are in your main storyline) that you have reached the appropriate level of affection for your next quest, but you haven't progressed far enough along in your story to actually start the conversation. For example--and these are not exact numbers, just using them for the sake of explanation--say your companion will give you 18 conversations total. You may have access to conversations 1 through 6 in Chapter 1, conversations 7 through 12 in Chapter 2, and conversations 13 through 18 in Chapter 3. You can hit the appropriate affection level sooner than that (and that's why they say they want to speak with you), but in order to get access to the actual conversation itself via the quest icon, you have to wait until Chapter 2 or 3. With my bounty hunter, I have gotten enough affection with Mako that she's telling me she wants to talk, but I don't actually get offered a quest on-board my ship because I'm still on Chapter 1 of my storyline. It's natural, presumably Bioware's way of forcing the companion quests to be somewhat spaced apart so that you aren't meeting your companion and marrying them within the time frame of a single planet. They want it to seem like a more natural progression of getting to know the person.