WTH is wrong with FP matchmaking?

Veteran FPs are designed to work without a trinity setup. Reason being that tanks and healers usually are pretty rare.

If you list for MM-FPs you will get the trinity - and depending on server and time a pretty long wait going along with it.

Shouldn't the group finder be putting an tank and dps in each group? I keep ending up in groups with all dps or no healer or no tank. Srsly broken. If it's by design then someone needs their head examined.

Tactical flashpoints had a name change to Veteran flashpoints. If you hover it, the tool tip tells you something along the lines of it being role neutral.

There are kolto stations at all boss encounters. Some trash encounters can be stressful for the uninitiated, though. Learn the fights. Ask about them. Wait to see if someone pulls a group of mobs around a corner to bunch them up before jumping into your own death.

Basically, it's working as intended for veteran mode. If you want the trinity, then queue master mode, but beware: It's more difficult and bosses enrage.

Basically, it's working as intended for veteran mode. If you want the trinity, then queue master mode, but beware: It's more difficult and bosses enrage.

^ this is true

I'll also say, it's made learning real tactics in vet mode impossible unless you pre-form a trinity group and agree not to click the Kolto's unless it's really needed.

Tanks don't learn positioning - they just run from kolto station to kolto station. They can learn how to keep aggro by running vet mode, but that's about it.

Healers are basically useless, with everyone clicking kolto's when they stub a toe, even when I used to run in heal spec I would end up dps'ing anyway.

... I don't run vet in heal spec anymore. It's no fun healing dps who just jump on the golds and let the trash keep standing. In heal spec you're supposed to keep them alive, in dps spec I can just ignore them and actually kill things in the right order.

^ this is true

I'll also say, it's made learning real tactics in vet mode impossible unless you pre-form a trinity group and agree not to click the Kolto's unless it's really needed.

Tanks don't learn positioning - they just run from kolto station to kolto station. They can learn how to keep aggro by running vet mode, but that's about it.

Healers are basically useless, with everyone clicking kolto's when they stub a toe, even when I used to run in heal spec I would end up dps'ing anyway.

... I don't run vet in heal spec anymore. It's no fun healing dps who just jump on the golds and let the trash keep standing. In heal spec you're supposed to keep them alive, in dps spec I can just ignore them and actually kill things in the right order.

There are a few boss mechanics out there in vet mode that'll still clean your clock if you ignore them and stand in stupid, but not many.

Slight tangent here:

What I find silly is that in story mode some of the bosses will pull you in, do their aoe and knock you back out of it before it hits. Or the damage is so insignificant that it doesn't matter.

Then later when someone does vet mode of the same fight, the group ends up wiping because everyone's used to taking piddly amounts of damage.

Then they hit 50 and think they can handle master mode, which turns into a total fustercluck because they ignore mechanics and hit enrage timers because they don't know how to play their characters to the fullest (a prime example is having overload in the rotation). Yet they say they know the fight when asked. :rolleyes:

/end_tangent

Seems i'm the only one who at least tries to learn tactics from vet. mode. Such as standing out all aoe, and keep healing without using the koltos on boss fights, that i haven't beaten a hundred times yet.

I think, that it should be a bit harder. At least making people to stand out from AOE. The tank positioning would be difficult, because tanks are rare. And they rather make groups without tank, than force you to a half hour wait timer.

What would solve this is altering the classes to make any role available for any class. Or at least 2 roles for each class, and make switching easier, or even automatic.

8 class in game with subclasses calculated.

3 can heal

3 can tank

and all 8 can dps.. After this it's no wonder, that heals, and tanks aren't that many. If all class could do anything, then many people would switch their roles to get invited sooner.

Another way would be is the ability to switch subclass. That way every single player would be able to take 2 roles at least, and some could have all 3. It's not a perfect solution, but would certanily reduce the timer a bit. Though those who are hellbent on being DPS would still have a bad time. ESO has this kind of system. Any class can farm out any role. Yet if i tick all of them, then i'm tank like 90% of the time, and healer for the rest. If i tick healer+damage, then i get healer like 99% of the time. If i tick only damage, then i have to wait a half hour to call me in.