Optimizing a PVP Madness DPS sorc

xstortion

That's ~my setup.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/e04cd33c-061d-4bff-9d1d-0cce9c45e264

I guess i misplaced some crit mods with enhancements, so my real stats have difference of: 0.02% more crit chance and 0.6 less bonus damage. That's pretty much completely min/maxed except some almost useless ewh upgrades. Compare our crit chance and bonus damage numbers, and you'll see how much you can improve ;)

EDIT: although i've exchanged some expertise to get those damage levels.

Edited by glocklB

That's ~my setup.

I guess i misplaced some crit mods with enhancements, so my real stats have difference of: 0.02% more crit chance and 0.6 less bonus damage. That's pretty much completely min/maxed except some almost useless ewh upgrades. Compare our crit chance and bonus damage numbers, and you'll see how much you can improve ;)

I have tested the Expertise ~1100 and I think it is too little.

That's ~my setup.

Those numbers look pretty good. How long do u live when you get focused from say a marauder? Seems like that low of expertise would leave you at a disadvantage.

Even with my expertise at 1390 I still get hit with 6k plus smashes.

What kind of damage do you so? Whats the max death field?

Those numbers look pretty good. How long do u live when you get focused from say a marauder? Seems like that low of expertise would leave you at a disadvantage.

Even with my expertise at 1390 I still get hit with 6k plus smashes.

Get focused by a marauder? Usually marauder dies (especially rage marauder - easy pie) and I keep living until they focus me 3v1 or 4v1 (especially with 2 pullers on me - it's death). I agree that appropriate expertise number is subject where i might be wrong. Most i hear say, that 1200 is better, but i find myself with 1114 in good position.

That's not low expertise at all actually, and 100 more won't save you under focus of 4 experienced melees. It is usual trade off - i paid a bit of my damage mitigation for a bit more of damage.

I use primarily 7/3/31 build in wzs. Hence my deathfield hits harder then in other builds. Deathfields are usually in range of 4-5k, except for targets with 30% aoe reduction. I had no opportunity to check gear of people i've hit for 5k and higher, but considering i had numerous 5k on sages (5.9k the highest on sage without any buffs and luck) i may assume some of them had reasonable amount of expertise.

I have tested the Expertise ~1100 and I think it is too little.

I considered testing myself with 1-2 more PVP armorings, but still didn't try it. I feel the difference will be difficult to detect :rolleyes:

Edited by glocklB
added PVP to armorings

I considered testing myself with 1-2 more PVP armorings, but still didn't try it. I feel the difference will be difficult to detect :rolleyes:

Check the combat logs and share the results. My highest DF is 6329 on a pve geared.

Edited by Aetideus

Check the combat logs and share the results. My highest DF is 6329 on a pve geared.

it's extremely difficult to achieve accuracy via "wz tests". Better to test on friend, and use forcelightning due to its static damage. You have different opponents always in wzs, so it's rather inefficient.

PS: i had highest a bit bigger then 6k, but it hardly means anything. I have pretty big crit chance, and these numbers matter only when achieved on the same target and by the same player with few observable changes.

it's extremely difficult to achieve accuracy via "wz tests". Better to test on friend, and use forcelightning due to its static damage. You have different opponents always in wzs, so it's rather inefficient.

PS: i had highest a bit bigger then 6k, but it hardly means anything. I have pretty big crit chance, and these numbers matter only when achieved on the same target and by the same player with few observable changes.

I test similar combat logs. Meaning avg crit is the ~same for each ability. Every test I have done *so far* indicates higher dmg for > 1100 Exp.

Edited by Aetideus

How does it affect u with such low alac?

madness is mobile at least half of any fight. Only if it's group fight you're going to use force lightning more, but hardly it's affected significantly. Can you imagine reasonable difference between 2.7s and 2.9s casts? There is no difference.

PS: it's applied only to PVP. in pve madness still requires alacrity ~7% since FL is a filler skill in pve.

madness is mobile at least half of any fight. Only if it's group fight you're going to use force lightning more, but hardly it's affected significantly. Can you imagine reasonable difference between 2.7s and 2.9s casts? There is no difference.

PS: it's applied only to PVP. in pve madness still requires alacrity ~7% since FL is a filler skill in pve.

Thats interesting will definitely have to take a look at that.

My PVE armor is totally separate I think I have that set up pretty well right now. Its just that there is a lack of information floating around about PVP setups.