What is the SWTOR fiasco??

AbsolutGrndZero

Ok, so with the recent release of Mass Effect 3 and so many people not liking the ending, they are making comparisons to Star Wars the Old Republic being such a horrid game and using words like "fiasco" and such. It's all apparently evidence that Bioware has lost their touch and is going to completely fail as a company very soon.

Now... what did I miss? What are these people talking about? I've not been playing for awhile (still subscribed) because various things IRL have left me with less time to play video games, then I wanted to finish up a save for ME2 and now playing ME3.

So what have I missed?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people will never be satisfied and with all the social media available now a days, their voice is getting out there more. It is a lot like the forums here being flooded with this game this and this game that, it is seen more because people who like the game are actually playing the game and not on the forums as much as the negative posters.:D

The bad fiasco is its crying people.

The good fiasco is the end game, kinda lame, but always use your imagination to make better the game for yourself at least (because I do, by joining and helping in the story quests from other classes, for example). That, and just be a bit patient to get and enjoy more awesome content like patch 1.2.

And, geez, don't compare a game doesn't have anything to mind about this mmo, though the share the same company.

People are just gonna to be way criers than non-retarded baby (because they seemed to be just the opposite thing about what I wrote in their childhood).

Edited by XGSTAR

Best summed up in a quote by Ben "Yahtzee" Crosshaw:

"Fans are clingy complaining dip****s that will never ever be grateful for anything you give them."

^^ this essentially. also, there has been very little stated by the devs in either interviews or q&a that the game has actively missed the mark on. people causing the over hype is the issue, and its already happening with gw2.

on a side note im boycotting me3 for the simple fact that same day dlc that is semi important to the story is complete and utter bs.

Everything is a failure these days. We live in a society where if something is not a failure it is not noteworthy.

Its the EpicFailLOL UMADBRAH generation, and I weep for the future.

Sadly true. I'm a history teacher, and assigned an Essay about the Fall of the Roman Republic.

Of 29 Students, 12 used the terms lol, omg, or some other internet leet-speek.

1 student actually said the Senate was trolling Caesar.

Hope the Mayans were right, cause anything else will be a ***-hat Sopranos ending.

Sadly true. I'm a history teacher, and assigned an Essay about the Fall of the Roman Republic.

Hope the Mayans were right, cause anything else will be a ***-hat Sopranos ending.

I don't want to believe this, especially when I have kids myself. Please tell me that you are kidding. PLEASE. Even if you have to lie to me. And if you aren't, I hope you failed the **** out of them.

Though we took a kinda depressing sad generation in all senses, you must learn to take your life and say to the crying people get the **** out of my way.

Simple like that. Becuase I did and I am way happier than all of them. Easy to learn, but something difficult to apply in oneself, yeah...

Actually got a reply on the Mass Effect 3 forums... apparently Star Wars the Old Republic is losing thousands of subscriptions every day... It must be true right? I mean Mass Effect fans crying about the ending of Mass Effect 3 are always right, aren't they?

EDIT: Noticed I made a total bonehead post and said SWG instead of SWTOR LOL

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

I might've given extra credit for the trolling Caesar line, so much sad and funny at once.

Actually got a reply on the Mass Effect 3 forums... apparently Star Wars galaxies is losing thousands of subscriptions every day... It must be true right? I mean Mass Effect fans crying about the ending of Mass Effect 3 are always right, aren't they?

SWG lost thousands of subs all at once back in December. But yeah the net loss/gain of subs currently for this game isn't going to be thousands into the negative.

Actually got a reply on the Mass Effect 3 forums... apparently Star Wars galaxies is losing thousands of subscriptions every day... It must be true right? I mean Mass Effect fans crying about the ending of Mass Effect 3 are always right, aren't they?

Actually Star Wars Galaxies closed on December 15 of last year unless they are talking about the emu portion.

They're a flighty lot.

They all panned ME1 and didn't get on board until well after ME2 was a proven success game. Then, it was omg, this series is awesome!

It's a pathetic demographic who only play games their friends tell them to play.

I only got in to Mass Effect 2 after it came out on the PS3, but I was considering buying a 360 just to play Mass Effect (SO glad BioWare wised up and released it on both consoles!) It is one of the finest entries into the science fiction genre in recent history (and I don't just mean for video games.) Loving Mass Effect 3.

Wow... please tell me you gave them failing grades on those essays. Please?

There is no "fiasco"; there are only some people taking the fact that a few people are not satisfied with the game and blowing it out of proportion. And, because controversy is more of an attention getter than the truth, the fabrication gets spread even further when people read it and assume that it includes "thousands" of upset gamers instead of maybe a hundred (out of a little over a million subscribers).

If you want further proof, search the internet for any game, movie, tv show, book, or any other media with the word "fiasco". I'm sure you find plenty of websites.

The issue with ME3 is that the endings were really poorly hashed out and the reason behind doing any of the 3 choices was because of something you had the option of proving entirely wrong. Not to mention that a certain scene with a certain ship made no sense because what the **** was it doing there randomly with my team? I'm not that much of a dick they'd flee that fast from me.

SWTOR is already getting a ton of new content added to it on a regular basis as well as almost weekly patches adjusting issues with the game. All because it wasn't exactly like WoW after it'd had been around how many years now and had how long to refine and touch up their product? SWTOR had a bit of a rough start after everyone started hitting 50, its getting better and the devs are making an active attempt on improving the game.

Now... what did I miss? What are these people talking about? I've not been playing for awhile (still subscribed) because various things IRL have left me with less time to play video games, then I wanted to finish up a save for ME2 and now playing ME3.

So what have I missed?

People are talking about the end of "Desperate Housewives", "The Sopranos", "Lost", etc...

So nothing new with the discussions about the end of ME3.

In the 60s the kids would probably write Brutus freaked out because of the bad vibrations the senate sent. ...

Hope you looked trough the leetspeak and gave them grades for what they understood about old Rome.

Anyway, This game is not a failure. Its not as good as I made myself belive before release but a nice time killer.