Server populations

Biteyou

If bioware is working on anything besides figuring out how to fix the server population issues immediately then they are doing the wrong thing.

How many subs are still stuck on low pop servers with all the things they worked for the last 5 years acquiring while faithfully paying you hoping you are trying to fix the issue.

Not everyone has alot of spare cash laying around to spend on cc to transfer and alot of people refuse to leave their stuff behind to start over and to be honest should not have to pay to get off a dead server.

In my opinion this is the biggest issue bioware faces today. Ops fp'sand wz's are all fun to do and worth subbing for and I feel needed to be regularly released but who are you going to do them with if your server is dead.

The new story, dvl event, all of it should have come out once you got your servers population situation figured out. Merge or cross server ques for pve and pvp is a must. Something must be done NOw.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just commenting to the remainder of the folks in my raiding guild how many new players seem to be flooding in. I log in to bastion and see fleet doubled from 4 to 8 people (2-3 spam bots) and think - wow it has really grown here.I'm hoping this sudden flood doesn't cause server issues or lag due to so many on at once.

Edited by Jamtas

Oh I know I read that already. I decided that they need to be hearing more and more from the subscribers that we are sick of the lack of concern on the teams part regarding this issue.

And since I have personally spent about $2000 in just subscription cost over the last 5 years I feel entitled to give them my feed back.

People have been asking for help on this issue this whole year and before that. They have had to merge server before it is time to stop tap dancing around this issue and deal with it.

You know, on some servers, a dozen of returning players is a 100% population increase so yeah, players are flooding back servers. :rak_03:

It's already happening on Tomb of Freedon Nadd, saw 10 people online at peak time in the fleet instead of the usual 5:rak_03:

Edited by Eshvara

I was just commenting to the remainder of the folks in my raiding guild how many new players seem to be flooding in. I log in to bastion and see fleet doubled from 4 to 8 people (2-3 spam bots) and think - wow it has really grown here.I'm hoping this sudden flood doesn't cause server issues or lag due to so many on at once.

lol

Yeah, I'm seeing populations dwindle, not rise. I'm on harbinger. My guild's activity is WAAAYYYYY down from what it was about a year ago. I'm not sure how anything they have done will result in anything more than a brief spike in early December. It's like they are throwing kindling on the fire when the game really needs some good, solid logs.

Why would they do that a month before a new expansion? I agree that they should have done it a long time ago on some servers, but now is not the time. In a few months, it will be time to assess whether to merge or not. And I hope they don't have to. Maybe the Uprisings will be difficult and rewarding enough to attract your pve guild members back until they announce whether or not they're adding another op.

Why would they do that a month before a new expansion? I agree that they should have done it a long time ago on some servers, but now is not the time. In a few months, it will be time to assess whether to merge or not. And I hope they don't have to. Maybe the Uprisings will be difficult and rewarding enough to attract your pve guild members back until they announce whether or not they're adding another op.

You do know, right now, there are a few completely dead servers?

Nothing Bioware introduces is going to bring back enough people to keep those servers going.

They should have been merged long before now. Bioware burying their head in the sand and pretending things are okay doesn't help those people stuck on dead servers.

On TEH midnight last night there were <60 ppl on the pubside fleet, pvp qs were very slow and several other counts were low. A few months ago that was the 2nd most populated American server...

The night before it was hopping.

Last night there was this History making Baseball game on, and after midnight EST it went into extra innings, so yeah... I imagine quite a few people were taking a break and watching that historic sports moment. I was.

The night before it was hopping.

Last night there was this History making Baseball game on, and after midnight EST it went into extra innings, so yeah... I imagine quite a few people were taking a break and watching that historic sports moment. I was.

Any excuse you can find to supplement the lack of server population huh :rak_02:.

I'm sure there's some sports fans here, but you can't be telling me that everyone was watching that game as video games and sports are a very large disparity in terms of interests that don't often mesh together.

Should have been done for months, if not more. Waiting more is not a solution, just the opposite, more people will leave during that time, big part of my guild is already gone for that reason.

People will not pay to transfer while they are already paying for this game every month, losing fortress, guild... It just make no sense that a subscriber have to pay to keep playing 'cause bioware just ignore the problem. They don't want to recognize that people are gone and that the number of servers is ridiculous compare to the population. So they let us in that situation, i can't play GSF (in my server, it became a joke to tag for it), it's really hard to play PVP, even for Flashpoints it became difficult.

I'm curious to see Mr Musco or anyone from bioware giving just ONE rational and logical reason for not fixing that very serious issue and explain how they justify to let players who pay to play that game in that situation for such a long time.

No server merges right now with all the players flooding back into the game. No plans for server merges this year, will see how it is next year to either server merge or character transfers.

Ughh. The pvp servers will never be the same after BW hit them with the death blow of pvp/pve instancing. They made pvp servers exactly the same as pve ones. Not sure why there is still a differentiation between the two, because there is no difference aside from one being totally dead. As such, they need to merge the pvp servers into the PVE ones. Us players should not have to pay money via CC to fix their screwup, which is exactly what BW has been asking us to do for a long time now.

I don't care how many players "flood" back into the game. Instancing has killed the pvp servers off so completely that there is no point in even having them anymore. Players are not going to flock to a dead server.

You do know, right now, there are a few completely dead servers?

Nothing Bioware introduces is going to bring back enough people to keep those servers going.

They should have been merged long before now. Bioware burying their head in the sand and pretending things are okay doesn't help those people stuck on dead servers.

Many of those that do take a stab at this game and pick the wrong server are going to note how the game is dead and immediately move on. I've done that myself wkth other mmos. Meanwhile the people that want to do existing group content are just getting more and more restless as servers and qs are drying up.

I happen to be a big football fan and like baseball to a point. I am very capable of doing wz's and watching sports.

The gripe I have is I have had to pay more cash to BW to move a pub and imp toons to harbinger to even get a que at all.

I have paid for 2 acct since launch and everything I have is stuck on POT5. Which happens to be the server our guild was merged with last time they merged. It is time to make one east and one west coast server and see if the game still has enough people to support that.

Having done this creation of two servers prior to the original chapters release would have been the right choice. I am afraid they have lost to many people for too long to get them back like they hoped the chapters was going to do.

They will see an influx of players for the expansion but how will these folks feel when they resub and log in to an empty bazaar terminal an empty fleet and not being able to get a wz's, fp's, ops, or gsf que to pop all night on a Friday. Oh yeah it will be a huge surge of one months subs and back to nothing once they finish the 9 chapters.

Which in my opinion is lousy planning and forethought on the part of BW. I guess the development team cannot see the dead servers from there house since apparently they don't play the game or they would be making this issue priority number one.

Sadly, as I have said in other threads, doing server mergers would be a public acknowlegement of the problem.

If they do decide/announce merges, they are admitting there is a problem, they prefer to keep their heads buried in the sand, fingers in their ears yelling "LALALALALA I CANT HEAR YOU!!!!!" & dreaming up more ways to wax poetic over how wonderful they think Lana and KOTFE/KOTET are...

This is Bioware after all, they wouldnt admit there was a problem if they were on fire in a fireworks factory. :p

Edited by XiamaraSimi

LOL That player was probably me. I've "flooded" back to try and earn CCs for the Togruta unlock :rak_01:

I had no idea the Bastion was that dead. At one point I was the only player on Ord Mantell. On Tython last night, there were a whole ten players. Some poor lonely soul sent me a group invite the second my taxi landed in the Gnarls, before I'd taken two steps toward the mailbox. I've never felt so guilty for declining :o

yup as with the DvL event they flooded in, then two weeks later they flooded out.

We doubled our guild members numbers during the event... but guess what? still 5-10 guildies online.

And I still remember 30+ online with two full guild ops running at the same time.

But heh lets wait for the flood!

The fact that servers are dead right now should not surprise anyone. I love this game, it has been my number one mmo since it launched. But even I'm not playing right now, I'm playing WoW and will probably check out Revelation Online before coming back for 5.0

So yes the game feels dead because like any expansion it has reached the end of its shelf life. But I expect plenty of players to return in December and the dead servers will feel alive again.