No rollback or server shutdown = ?

seugah

IF the servers are not shutdown soon and then rolled back before tomorrow then this game will go the way of the DODO.

If it does then sorry bioware u should of listened to the gaming community instead of closing threads and doing nothing.

I sincerely doubt there will be a full roll-back. The PVP problems are only affecting a small portion of the playerbase (there are many out there who don't go to Illum). I also doubt they track where valor points come from and in what quantities, so they probably can't roll back just the Illum valor points.

What I see happening is a patch in the next couple of days that adjusts how the points are awarded or otherwise blocks people from earning valor at the spawn areas.

I don't care anymore for this game.

Pvp outside = 0

Only pvp on this game is bg, so this game is pve, and bg, we must think like this now, this game is not for us, so i'm leaving now.

The last mmo was good, was age of conan, can pvp everywhere, killing everyone...

now he is not good anymore, but did any mmo will be good someday ?

if thats all they do i wont be renewing my sub just means they think they can add ill thought out ideas and if they dont work the can just patch the problem.

I personally dont mind waiting for content once its good and not broken when it comes out

I sincerely doubt there will be a full roll-back. The PVP problems are only affecting a small portion of the playerbase (there are many out there who don't go to Illum). I also doubt they track where valor points come from and in what quantities, so they probably can't roll back just the Illum valor points.

What I see happening is a patch in the next couple of days that adjusts how the points are awarded or otherwise blocks people from earning valor at the spawn areas.

51% of the player base PvPs on a regular basis per bioware

so dont be niave

Roll back for what? Because pvp isn't balanced because of population? What would a rollback to yesterday do?

And don't mention turrets, it was a troll and wasn't true.

Actually it's spawn-camping while farming alts to exploit the new valor awards in Illum. So, while technically the system is working as designed, people have found a way to exploit it while denying it to the other faction.

But you're right, a roll-back is simply not going to happen.

Roll back for what? Because pvp isn't balanced because of population? What would a rollback to yesterday do?

your a dumb *** im sitting watching 400 emppire kill turrrets on illum for hours on end now racking up VALOR speed leveling to battlemaster rank ... its taking hours what took me weeks to do over a month

Again, still waiting for someone to post proof of this supposed exploit. Let's see it. Someone post definitive proof of anyone that has gained more than 20 levels of rank 30+ valor today. Let's see it. Let's see a video actually showing valor gained from turrets.

Seriously, let's see the proof. If there is none, what are all of you idiots complaining about?

There is no issue here. Just a forum hoax. Get over it people. It is working as intended. They wanted to get more World PVP on Ilum going. Well, they did it. Nobody ranked 1-60 in a few hours or a day. Sure some may have gotten a big boost since they were actually doing world pvp...as intended...but there is ZERO proof of any 1-60 happening. Just rumors.

Oh. There won't be a roll back.

The worst of it is people will cancel subs because there wasn't a roll back to fix a turret exploit that didn't exist. It was a rumor from trolls and now hundreds of players are attacking turrets thinking there is valor to be gained. republic players see these attacks and think there must be valor behind those actions.

People will be leaving, won't believe BW when they say there was no exploit, and the game takes a serious blow today based simply on forum trolls mere hours before the first billing cycle.

I actually feel sorry for the staff today.

Edited by Twolow

It is not the point of just the valor points it is the inability for republic players to actively do their daily pvp quests when they are so heavily outnumbered granted we could go to republic fleet get every lvl 50 push the imps from the base but then what? the imps do the same and we are back to square 1! with the whining and the moaning etc etc etc.

It is the fact that in pvp the animations are still the major factor into alot of people not playing republic for instance a gunnery commando gets shafted as every attack except a few are channelled and can be interupted and yet for something that was noted in the beta has not been fixed i know that todays exploit will not be fixed for a while and when it does it will be already to late as the imps will all be max lvl in valor gear and fun factor and either watcing tv or banging 1 out over your MUM.

end of transmission........................

51% of the player base PvPs on a regular basis per bioware

so dont be niave

Wait a minute so now we believe BW.. oh only when it's convenient. LOL how much of that 51% will unsub over this? We'll see won't we. It's hilarious like all the crafters threatening to quit, go for it. Guess what % PvEs regularly?

Spawn camping taking advantage of the fact that 'pubs can't even res in their own base and hearth/etc before being killed again? Only recourse is to quit or queue a warzone then get booted for inactivity.

200 valor per kill, and anytime anyone flies into the zone they're killed repeatedly until they find out how they can leave.

They need to make the turrets indestructible (yes, I know they give no valor), and make them do massive aoe damage to anyone around the flight path/med center in the bases.

edit: And yes, I'm Imperial...this is just a farce.

Edited by trotsky_tor

The worst of it is people will cancel subs because there wasn't a roll back to fix a turret exploit that didn't exist. It was a rumor from trolls and now hundreds of players are attacking turrets thinking there is valor to be gained. republic players see these attacks and think there must be valor behind those actions.

People will be leaving, won't believe BW when they say there was no exploit, and the game takes a serious blow today based simply on forum trolls mere hours before the first billing cycle.

I actually feel sorry for the staff today.

No one cares about turrets.

People are pissed off that they are being spawn camped to the point where they cannot play their character

These same people are equally pissed that people who are doing the spawn camping are being rewarded for spawn camping.

Unplayable and rewarding those for making it so is unthinkable and quite simply broken, unintended whatever you wanna call it.

Rollback is the only option BW has and if you Imperials could think further then a few hours ahead of you on how much fun you are having facrolling as you spawn camp Republics you would grasp the concept that maybe those people wont be there next week to receive this unfun experience day in day out.

Please, try to think just a little bit.

Atm pvp at ilum is pointless, and that is a *** FACT.

You can wrote something about turrets, but this is not a problem. When I returned from work and they killed me once Ilum turned up in a place where opponents are using aoe skills. The result is permadeath on respawnpoint.

From other players, I learned that farm this point lasted a few hours and delivery after 20 + bonus80 valor for kill.

btw. SOME PEOPLE HAVE LOADING SCREEN AT WARZONE.

For a start...everyone knows that PvP is broken on Ilum. I can see BioWare doing a no honour for killing recently spawned players thing to be honest.

Another thing...IT'S ONLY BEEN OUT FOR A MONTH. Give it a chance people!!

This is a NEW game. Stop acting so spoiled by other games that you expect SWTOR to be perfect on release!!

There's still work to be done and BioWare knows this. They are working on the problem.

PvP on WoW is always broken when they update but it still has 10 million players.

I'm sorry but unsubbing because PvP is broken and the game only being out for a month is just...well it's just pathetic I think. I'd like to see you people make a better game and then have it running perfect on release.

Now I understand it's annoying...I, myself, like PvP too but I'm just gonna wait patiently for BioWare to fix it. Which they WILL. For now I'll do PvE and level a couple characters...

Edited by Jaarna

For a start...everyone knows that PvP is broken on Ilum. I can see BioWare doing a no honour for killing recently spawned players thing to be honest.

Another thing...IT'S ONLY BEEN OUT FOR A MONTH. Give it a chance people!!

This is a NEW game. Stop acting so spoiled by other games that you expect SWTOR to be perfect on release!!

There's still work to be done and BioWare knows this. They are working on the problem.

PvP on WoW is always broken when they update but it still has 10 million players.

I'm sorry but unsubbing because PvP is broken and the game only being out for a month is just...well it's just pathetic I think. I'd like to see you people make a better game and then have it running perfect on release.

Now I understand it's annoying...I, myself, like PvP too but I'm just gonna wait patiently for BioWare to fix it. Which they WILL. For now I'll do PvE and level a couple characters...

What about half of the servers that are PVP. Funny how you are willing to turn a blind eye to half of the population....smart

well wat can i say apart from the patch stinks mindles valor farming just like in warhammer

i will quit this for teh same resson i quit warhammer

noobs just farming valor to get high rank

i put a lot of tiem and effort in to get a legit rank 62

around 1k valor per warzone u can do about 3 an hour so avrages around 3900 valor with the illum buff an hour

and now they can get 25k valor per hour just farming the base

this totaly sucks for people that put the effort in

and i refuse to go farm valor like all teh other noobs just to get a higher rank you should be rewarded for your skill not time standing still paying a sybscription

for this resson i hope the game flops hard and bw goes into administration

gj on another fail mmo clone

p.s dont spend so much on vocals wen its clear the game needed that money spending on the actual game

diablo 3 carnt come soon enough

A sad display of ignorance indeed.

Hard to know where to start.

1. The majority of "Do this or I will quit" posts are BS and if I were BW I'd close the acount of everyone who did them if their needs weren't met (not ban them, but close the account to call their bluff).

2. Turrets never gave valor. Ever.

3. Spawn camping happened to some people on some servers. Rolling back everyone on every server would be moronic.

4. Valor is almost meaningless. It gives no direct advantage. No gear was rewarded on top of the normal daily / weekly quests.

BW has stated that they have data on who was inside the bases and how much was gained by those players and will act accordingly.

Edited by Jestunhi

I guess those just whining or trolling as bioware clearly said, only those who abused new system will be rolled back, so those innocent will be left out. Will be a fair set up.

But i guess their problem those worked their asses off to get pvp and rank, they want us all wiped as we innocent.