Returning companions in Knights of the Eternal Throne??

ZibzRO

Ok so it is less then a month until the new expansion will be out. So... i assume beta servers are quite completed with story/missions and such. My question is.... who are the next companions who will return in the expansion? Or any idea , any leads? And i ask here for the beta players oppinion. Thx.

Well i bet it will be Nadia Grell. And let me tell ya why . In her letter to you , ya know that one after you stayed 5 years in carbonite nadia said something like : I know you are alive , dont worry we will come " So.... Seems she is pretty sure you are alive and "we will come" is like she has an army at her disposal, perhaps her own planet army , if i remember corectly she become an ambasador at the end . And with the end of the first part where all those peoples ships and after theron said "many more are on the way" sounds like Nadia might return with her army to help the Outlander and the Alliance

PS:Knight already has T-7 in main story

Same for BH/SW/IA(even 2 damn agents)/trooper

Edited by ZibzRO

Didn't know where to ask but for companions... is Trooper/BH the only classes to either interact, or almost completely get back their companions... minus Elara/Mako?

For the trooper, is Tanno Vik officially done? I know all speculation about his appearances in KOTFE, the voice actor and such. I've so far been tempted to not use the companion terminal, but I'd like to have my full set of trooper comps. Any chance Tanno's a future alert, or is the character probably retired... minus the terminal?

Didn't know where to ask but for companions... is Trooper/BH the only classes to either interact, or almost completely get back their companions... minus Elara/Mako?

For the trooper, is Tanno Vik officially done? I know all speculation about his appearances in KOTFE, the voice actor and such. I've so far been tempted to not use the companion terminal, but I'd like to have my full set of trooper comps. Any chance Tanno's a future alert, or is the character probably retired... minus the terminal?

I'd guess he's retired. Why they didn't recast, no idea.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...895606&page=24

Here's what Charles Boyd said in the livestream, courtesy of someone else on Tumblr:

tl:dr: Don't hold your breath (in a ramble even less clear than the blathering about Operations)

Charles Boyd: “Well, I’ve definitely seen a few saying, "will I get all of them back?”, and that is impossible. There’s definitely still a lot left, and that’s on us; so I know that and it’s something that pains me literally everyday because I really want to get those companions back. I can kinda talk about this for twenty minutes straight, cos it’s something that’s really important to me, it’s a key part of the story; balancing, moving the storyline forward, feeling like you’re seeing your decisions pay off quickly, that you’re seeing results, that we’re tying off story points like: what’s the deal with Arcann, what’s the deal with Valkorion, where’s this stuff with Zakuul going - balanced with getting characters back, introducing them to people who don’t know them, reminding you of them if you hadn’t seen them in a few years, and that sort of thing.

It’s a really tough thing to balance out, and I feel like we probably didn’t quite get that balance right, at least not as best as I would have liked it last year - so we wanted to focus this year’s storyline on moving the story forward, giving pay offs, giving resolution to a lot of the things that people were really wanting to see that we felt like were stretched out a little too much last year.

So that’s really the focus of the Chapters. Now: does that mean we’ll never get any of those companions back - absolutely not, I have said many times, and dug myself deep into a hole that I will probably be murdered over it at some point - it is my intention that you will get every companion back eventually as part of the story. Because to me, that is critical, they are awesome characters, they deserve storyline reintroductions that are appropriate to them, that really give you the feeling that you miss and give you the pay off that you want getting those characters back. I wanna really do them justice. But of course there’s quite a few of them left, that’s going to take some serious time to do. We’re going to do our best as time proceeds, we’ll figure out what the best way to do that is, and we’ll keep you all posted as we go.“

Might want to listen to

starting at 42.18 where they talk about the reasons they are not bringing the companions back in the new expansion.

Well i bet it will be Nadia Grell. And let me tell ya why . In her letter to you , ya know that one after you stayed 5 years in carbonite nadia said something like : I know you are alive , dont worry we will come " So.... Seems she is pretty sure you are alive and "we will come" is like she has an army at her disposal, perhaps her own planet army , if i remember corectly she become an ambasador at the end . And with the end of the first part where all those peoples ships and after theron said "many more are on the way" sounds like Nadia might return with her army to help the Outlander and the Alliance

PS:Knight already has T-7 in main story

Same for BH/SW/IA(even 2 damn agents)/trooper

All of t he companion letters are written in the first year of your five year absence meaning that whatever they promised to do they already did and then they moved on.

Risha letter is writen after more then 3 years... after she search the galaxy after you befire she lose hope , so ... not all. Bu the thing is Nadia has the most powerful conection to the force seems she can have the potentian (aftert all those years) to be a match even vor vaylin and she is an ambasador for 5 years who can help you win support trough diplomacy. and keep peace betwen your allies now that horde of people join you at the end so... i dont know man.... Nadia seems pretty fitting,,. Beside in her letter if you play consular she is 100% sure you are allive and wanna come to your rescure as soon as posible :)

Beside from the story point of vew the only classes who dont has a companion returning from the main story are : Consular, Inquisitor and Smugler.

PS: I miss Jaesa :)

Edited by ZibzRO

HAHAHAHA! (goes into a coughing fit)

I knew that fail *** BW wouldn’t bring them back.... With that said I guess I'll burn through the new garbage on my SI. Then uninstall this crap game. Disney killed the EU, and ruined the movies, and now BW has driven the final nail in the coffin. For the story will have ended on ziost, with my SI helping Valkorion extinguish all life in the galaxy. Since he saw the terrible future KotFE, and beyond. THE END :mad:

Rofl that guy in the video! "I want them back 10 times more than you guys do." Oh that's some rich ********! If you did, it would have been done already, no pathetic excuses!

Though on a side note maybe I can give someone this account seems a shame to let all that time, effort, and CC spending go to waste.

Edited by MasterRab

Yeah, sad to say I have a feeling if they haven't returned by now they aren't going to. I wasn't expecting every single companion to come back, but I was at least hoping romancable companions would return because...it just makes sense. But after going some 5 chapters without a real new companion and apparently the first 9 chapters of KOET not having any old companions returning I've kind of given up.

It makes no sense in the story at this point to even bring them back. We've been "dead" for 5 years and now we openly lead the biggest resistance in the Galaxy against the Eternal Throne. So there is absolutely 0 reason, unless they're imprisoned or dead, for someone who is supposed to be your spouse to not come running to find you.

It's a huge letdown as a Bioware and an RPG fan that they just decided not to care about a crucial story aspect like this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

There is actually a lot of reasons for companions NOT to return:And not only LI.

DS Jaesa - she's with another man, doesn't give a damn about you , her Sith husband.

Vector - he's with a Killik hive, they healed him, he has (almost) no memory of you

Zenith - he cannot trust anyone anymore, the only person he trusted, your JC, has been gone for five years

Ashara - she was both Jedi and Sith, but now everything is gone, she just wants to be left alone

Tharan Cedrax & Holiday - they enjoyed being your crew mates, but everything has an end

There is actually a lot of reasons for companions NOT to return:And not only LI.

DS Jaesa - she's with another man, doesn't give a damn about you , her Sith husband.

Vector - he's with a Killik hive, they healed him, he has (almost) no memory of you

Zenith - he cannot trust anyone anymore, the only person he trusted, your JC, has been gone for five years

Ashara - she was both Jedi and Sith, but now everything is gone, she just wants to be left alone

Tharan Cedrax & Holiday - they enjoyed being your crew mates, but everything has an end

When you're presumed dead, one stops being the husband, in the case of Jaesa.

Ouch to the Vector senerio :o However, if done nicely, that could be a really great reunion for the Agent as she tries to get his memory back.

Zenith should come back if he heard the JC was alive though.

Ashara they already did a good job on explaining (even if it was over done as it seems to be the case with all the force users) her absence.

Tharan I can imagine not showing up for the other classes, but the JC? Never. Not Holiday either.

Maybe Holiday meet another AI like her and fell in love and ran off with him leaving Tharan a sobbing, blubbering mess on small backwater planet.....:eek::rolleyes:

That would be sad. :( I liked Tharan and Holiday. My favorite companions on my Consular. If PCs are going to treat droids like real people (or care for them as such anyways) it confuses me why they wouldn't do the same for Holiday :p

When you're presumed dead, one stops being the husband, in the case of Jaesa.

So she CHEATING on you is perfectly understandable? You would take back a "wife" that slept with every male she ever met? That case, i'm sorry for your sith warrior, but he deserves to be cheated on.