Still broken? - no regulators since patch 2.0.1

Wolvereen

it was mentioned in the patch notes that the "reward" for regulators should be increased!

but i didn't get one regulator out of about 30 mission :mad:

and credits from boxes are still lower than the mission costs ^^

so i think it's still bugged

w

Trying to get regulators since 2.0 (and 2.0.1) has been a real exercise in frustration for me. I'll only ever have one mission capable of giving them in my list, and often none. I am using two companions with 10k affection and one has +2 slicing crit. I've managed to get 6 regulators since 2.0 by babysitting my character for 3-4 hours a day while playing alts. It does not seem like it's working correctly since in the same amount of time on another character I have gotten over 60 mytag crystals with far less micromanagement. Edited by jameslm

Its fixed. I got over 20 since Patch on One Slicer doing the Mission maybe 2 Times a day.

You only get them from Rich and Bountiful Mission on a Critical Success. Having Max Affection with your Companion and Level 3 Legacy Bonus increases your Critchance by alot.

Hope that helps

Its fixed. I got over 20 since Patch on One Slicer doing the Mission maybe 2 Times a day.

You only get them from Rich and Bountiful Mission on a Critical Success. Having Max Affection with your Companion and Level 3 Legacy Bonus increases your Critchance by alot.

Hope that helps

yea, got it all^^ max aff, perks from legacy and did the rich & bountifull missions! use even skorpio who has an additional crit chance for slicing^^ - still no regulators :( and i did 7-8 per day so far

Hope that helps

Yup, I have all these and understand how to get crits and how they work, but I'm still sitting at 6 thermals for easily over 40 missions run. If that's working as intended then perhaps it still needs a bit more tweaking.

Edited by jameslm

Legacy of crafting doesn't affect crew missions I don't think. There was a dev post about this a few months ago. It increases the aug slot chance on crafted items, as well as a crit success rate to make more items, but was stated to not help crit chance of gather missions?

Correct?

AllisonBerryman

06.28.2012 , 03:47 PM | #12

REPORT POST QUOTE

The Legacy tooltip could be more clear - we'll look at improving it in the future. The perk itself (as noted earlier in the thread) does increase the chance of getting an augment slot on items that can have them. For items that can't, it gives you an increased chance for the effect of a critical when crafting those items (like producing an extra item).

From the dev

Quote: Originally Posted by Beruthien

Greetings ScicleX,

Dacce has provided the correct information.

This Legacy perk only affects crafting when you are making an item that can be crit-crafted with an augment slot for example weapons and armor.

Crafting of such items as item modifications are not impacted by this perk.

Thank you in advance!

Also from a dev tho! We STILL need clarification on this!!

Edited by KostonxEld

Hope that helps

Fixed huh? I been using scorpio with the legacy crit since patch and have gotten Zero thermal regulators. Hows that for fixed?

Either way, the rewards for slicing now are far more lower than other gathering skills, but everyone is bottle-necked by needing regulators, so they need to adjust it. I never remember Neural Augmentors being this much of a chore to acquire. It's silly.

The whole lockbox thing is peeving me off too. Only way to make money is to go out and farm them.

i think i get crits, because from time to time i get some missions or blueprints in addition

but i never got any of the regulators yet

W

The best way to tell if you are getting a crit is to look at the amount of blue mats you are getting, not if you are getting a mission or recipe. A crit increases the amount that you get of blue pieces and should be giving you the purple pieces.

And yes, I do know that we are able to get purple mats, I have recieved 2 so far today and only done 3 or 4 missions.

Fixed huh? I been using scorpio with the legacy crit since patch and have gotten Zero thermal regulators. Hows that for fixed?

It looks fixed to me. Ran these yesterday and collected the results. This was a good batch, 3 crits. I usually get 1-2 in a run.

Crit 1

Crit 2

Crit 3

It's definitely critting. I run the rich mission with 7 characters currently so I generate a pretty good sample size. It is not only critting, but it appears to be critting at the correct rate. I'm averaging about 18%. I sold well over 50 thermals last week and I still have a pile waiting to be sold. BTW, legacy of crafting does not affect crew skill missions, so don't expect that to help you.

All you have to do is scan the GTN and see how many pages of thermals are up. If this was really broken, I would expect to see very few, at sky-high prices. On The Harbinger, the price dropped in half within 2-3 days of the patch.

I feel bad for the people with no success, but I've managed to get 35 Thermal Regulators since 2.0.1 dropped with only 2 slicing toons. I got 18 of them over last weekend. Edited by Khevar

I am not sure what is causing the issue for some people with slicing, but at least for myself I am getting quite a bit of thermal augments. I think I average 1-2 crits per 16 missions and I only run the bountiful or rich missions.

Sold over 275 last week so far myself. Yes they are a pain to get and they are rare, and I think it should be kept that way.

I actually have to agree. They already increased how many are rewarded. I put a lot of time and credits into leveling, maxing companions and maxing the skill. I am fairly well rewarded for that and I'd like it to stay that way.

I would say increase your affection with companions but my 2 slicing toons haven't even maxed out affection on any of their companions yet and I've received enough regulators to make a few of the tier 28 augments.

Like others mentioned, I like it like that. Less undercutting on the GTN if you want to sell them or the Augments you've crafted with them.

But back to the subject. I think it works as well as it did before.