Window-licking Terribads

Brunner_Venda

Alright share your stories of the worst teams. No names please or the mods will delete this.

Two stories, same match. VoidStar.

I'm fighting a 3 vs 7 at one node at the beginning of the match. Losing of course, but the three of us managed to hold out. I'm thinking, why the hell haven't we capped the other door? I died, respawn as, and finally saw why.

ONE operative was holding off FIVE guys. I wish I had recorded this, and put it to the 'Benny Hill' theme song. They were chasing him, getting flash banged and stunned while he rolled away, healed, ran around pillars, dodged, juked, grabbed the health pack, etc. I walked up and killed this guy, forcing him to blow his combat cloak, stunning him, and using my pull after he rolled off - while three of the guys **stood and watched instead of capping**

Later in the match, defending team. I was dead and had to run all the way forward across the bridge because I died a second before the bomb exploded. I saw this and couldn't stop it: Four guys were beating on a bubbled Sorc, while another guy calmly walked up and capped the door right next to them. I stopped, yelled 'DOOR!' In ops chat, because I was too far to stop it. And they kept. derping. the. bubbled. Sorc.

Yeah yeah, TL;DR, cool story bro. Let's hear yours.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw a lot of these threads going in void but i've a good one:

PVE geared shadow tank, aldeeran CW: ''i go snow'' mmmkay.

after a few seconds i see ''terribad has been defeated'', then ''terribad has left the ops group'' LOL

Stuck behind a 3 or 4 tick door on Quesh Huttball, I see 3 people from my team standing on our ledge firing at random enemies in mid, I'm sure doing just excellent DPS. Meanwhile the enemy ball carrier strolls past mere feet behind them and scores. Not one of them turned to even shot at them, let alone reposition for a knock-back or anything. I presume the rest of my team where off playing in the acid or something, 'cos no one else was chasing the ball either. Gah!

Stuck behind a 3 or 4 tick door on Quesh Huttball, I see 3 people from my team standing on our ledge firing at random enemies in mid, I'm sure doing just excellent DPS. Meanwhile the enemy ball carrier strolls past mere feet behind them and scores. Not one of them turned to even shot at them, let alone reposition for a knock-back or anything. I presume the rest of my team where off playing in the acid or something, 'cos no one else was chasing the ball either. Gah!

I laughed. I had the same thing in one match. A Sorc was sitting on our ledge shooting down into mid. A jugg leaped up to him and scored. Two times in a row. You'd think he would learn after the first time.

Is it me, or is this kind of thing more common on the pub side?

Edited by Brunner_Venda

Me - Pot5 I literally have four sentinels (60, 55, 35, and 21), along with a 60 mara, all combat spec, so you would think I'd have a clue, but I definitely have bad days.

I'm on Novarre Coast in lowbie queue, respond to an inc call, then get stuck with it when I pause to heal (we had W and S with a fair lead, and I was at about 10% health at the time), but didn't jump up onto the barrier first to get a higher vantage point. Someone asks "how's west," and I stupidly say "clear." I'm constantly circling, watching everything, but like I said; wasn't on the barrier, so I didn't see the 5 incoming imps on the other side of the fence. Luckily, my guildie caught it and 0.02 seconds later, calls the 5 inc W. Boy, did I look like a ****.

So we clear west, I tell my guildie (who's a lot better than me) to head south and I'll call. Not a great move considering I'm a sent and he's a sage, but I figure the help of his skill/healing south makes up for it. I jump up onto the barrier to watch, and I'm constantly searching, looking into the bunker, but somehow miss the stealth who had started capping behind me. I try to move, but had the chat window open already and "1 w" pre-typed, so when I tried to move, I went nowhere. I then hit escape and somehow decided to type '1 w," which of course does nothing because I now have the chat window closed. Realized what I did and jumped the guy to interrupt, then opened the chat and typed "w" as he starts pounding me.

He had the node one tick away from being capped by then, but luckily my guildie happened to be on the way (pretty sure he saw the node starting to turn purple) anyway and we managed to hold it.

Won the match, but not for lack of trying on my part. I was definitely having a senior moment there.

Edited by georgemattson

Void star pop with a 4 man premade sniper team... Defending first and all 4 sit on the respawn platform to defend... lol

I tell them to get down... Ignored of course... As they are just trying to get high dps numbers without dying

So the other team realises this and goes 4v2 on each door and we get globaled...

Doors pop and the snipers stay I the other room attacking 2 guys after the bridge is down... By the time they got across the bridge the attackers were in the last room

It really was a 8v4 match most of the way...

When we attacked all 4 went one side and sat back from the pillars together... The other team just had 3 players LOS from behind the pillars, preventing any caps on that door

On the other door we did manage to get it open... But time ran out

When we told them they lost us the match all 4 said they did awesome dps and we were bad and they couldn't carry us all... I LMAO

Edited by Icykill_

Omg I see this every day

And people wonder why people quit matches to queue dodge the terribads.

And then the terribads complain when they see you again for being a rubbish player for leaving... LoL.. I'm usually in the process of leaving the match as soon as I see them... But I catch the last bit of the ops chat or they pm me

The only way to stop being queued with them is to leave to break the cycle

Edited by Icykill_

One time I was a Vanguard defending a pylon on AH. I see some imps coming, call inc and no one on my team comes the whole fight. I fight hard, but am outnumbered and defeated and the pylon is taken. When I asked why no one heard me when I called for help, a random terribad blurted out, "You didn't say you meant at the pylon!"

Mind you, we had just that one pylon, so it wasn't like there was any confusion over which one.

Edited by HandOfKane

If I needed my teammates to be intelligent and care about the objectives in regs, I'd have shot myself or quit swtor a long time ago.

I have higher expectations in ranked (because, c'mon) but in regs, I always assume the worst, and only play enough of them to do my daily/weeklies.

Ranked to me, is the only real pvp. The rest is just fun and casual.

Me - Pot5 I literally have four sentinels (60, 55, 35, and 21)....

I would love to have you on my team. You are honest, critical of yourself and clearly try to play the objectives. All that combined with your general experience puts you in the top 5-10% of all players - more power to you.

Terribads are an important part of the pvp ecosystem. If not for them, you have to admit that you'd have less to laugh about!

I've managed to collect something of a following on my newest alt so I don't really end up with uncarryable teams anymore, but I've seen plenty of it on the other side of the scoreboard. There was one AHG match that comes to mind in which the enemy had two guards and we decided to flip the pylon for fun. The stealth cap went bad so we just killed one guard and I mezzed the other... But my teammate was slow to start the cap and the enemy was now whitebarred.

Mezz ended a solid four seconds before the cap finished. Guard stared at us. I stared back. For four seconds.

Then guard stealths, a few steps from the pylon and myself, as it goes green. In hindsight I can just picture the frantic hammering on the stealth key while she waited for the cool down to end, lol.

Didn't even do her any good since she was still plenty close enough to be visible.

Guard stared at us. I stared back. For four seconds.

Then guard stealths, a few steps from the pylon and myself, as it goes green. In hindsight I can just picture the frantic hammering on the stealth key while she waited for the cool down to end, lol.

Didn't even do her any good since she was still plenty close enough to be visible.

It could have been a chat fail. You know, attempting to call and interrupt the cap at the same time "2p111112222112212222yyy21111122111lolwtf". I'm not confirming or denying this has ever happened to me, just throwing it out there. :eek::o

Could have been. And really at that point there was very little chance that she could have done anything about a cap. But hitting the stealth button was probably the single worst action to take in that situation XD

I laughed. I had the same thing in one match. A Sorc was sitting on our ledge shooting down into mid. A jugg leaped up to him and scored. Two times in a row. You'd think he would learn after the first time.

Is it me, or is this kind of thing more common on the pub side?

It is.

In original huttball you still see people run to the very edge of the platform just so they can get a clean shot of somebody (ball handler or not). The next thing you see is a flying ballhandler who all but walks across the finish line.

In the new huttball, it is not uncommon to see people rez and then defend the goal right at the line. This leaves the goalline extremely vunerable to leapers. And odds are, their CC is goign to do nothing. By the time the ball handler reaches the top tier, he or she will have full resolve so short of supplying a healthy amount of dps (which you hope is aimed at the ballhandler) they are doing nothing. Then when the ballhandler scores, they make it a point to take it out on that player instead of helping the team get control of the ball on bottom level.

Personally, once a ballhandler reaches the top tier, I stop trying to take them out if they are a force user. They are either going to do a force leap or they are going to burst run past way. Either way you don't have the time to stop them. You are better off going to mid or bottom level and make sure you can get the ball back so you inturn can score.

Then when the ballhandler scores, they make it a point to take it out on that player instead of helping the team...

Ugh, this. Had another example last night. Died trying to chase down the enemy carrier, and respawn to find 5 of my team there too. We all get to watch the carrier stroll across the line and score, and then proceed to run into the pit (probably heading for a HP pack on the sides).

Barrier drops and the 6 of us run out. I head mid where the ball, having just reset, is back on the podium. My 5 'trusty' companions all dive into the pit to chase down the scorer, leaving me and 2 others with a 3 v 7 for control of the ball. It didn't go well.

Then there's the far too common occurrence of 4+ people running off to capture the pylon, where they all stand around capping - rather than doing anything vaguely useful like screening for stealth/other incoming - and then, obviously, they all run off leaving it unguarded.

Any team im on, i feel sorry for.

Aside from that as many have said the whole worthless damage players just astound me.. losing matches with high damage and very little objectives calling out teammates for sucking while simultaneously measuring their e-peen under the desk . /facepalm