Operative roll breaks huttball

Boomer-

Operatives are flying over the platforms. Basically once they get the ball to the high ramp its an automatic goal.

Rolling once needs to put the ability on cooldown when carrying the ball. 5 meters is fine, but rolling 20 meters per roll is just ridiculous.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Operatives are flying over the platforms. Basically once they get the ball to the high ramp its an automatic goal.

Rolling once needs to put the ability on cooldown when carrying the ball. 5 meters is fine, but rolling 20 meters per roll is just ridiculous.

OK, then you must also add a limitation to sorcs/sins force speed, mara/jugg leaps, PTs hydraulic overrides, etc. I get your annoyance of ops and you probably just got pwned by an ops in huttball. But, you can't nerf ops when half the other classes have movement enhanced abilities that also make them SEEMINGLY unstoppable in huttball.

OK, then you must also add a limitation to sorcs/sins force speed, mara/jugg leaps, PTs hydraulic overrides, etc. I get your annoyance of ops and you probably just got pwned by an ops in huttball. But, you can't nerf ops when half the other classes have movement enhanced abilities that also make them SEEMINGLY unstoppable in huttball.

Stop trying to add noise about this broken ability. Force speed doesn't last 3x as long when you're on top of platforms.

Additionally you don't have 100% resistance to everything with force speed and hydraulic overrides

With roll you're moving at least twice the distance if you're on top of a platform. I never knew if this was intended or not but it breaks huttball

Edited by Boomer-

Stop trying to add noise about this broken ability. Force speed doesn't last 3x as long when you're on top of platforms.

Additionally you don't have 100% resistance to everything with force speed and hydraulic overrides

With roll you're moving at least twice the distance if you're on top of a platform. I never knew if this was intended or not but it breaks huttball

Actually, crap players break huttball.

The clowns who think its a dps fest, and the ones who have zero understanding of another classes skillset other than their own.

Pretty sure my PT is immune when she fires up her overdrives and my sage breaks free from roots etc with force speed. Sure, my Op and Scoundrel enjoy rolling around, but they are by far not the most effective of my toons in HB.

Nothing comes close to leaping at morons stood on the edge of platforms.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

Huh. Someone doesn't know class abilities very well, now do they? Before you cry about things you should come equipped with factual explanations not grandiose hyperbole. "at least twice the distance"? Really? And, "additionally you don't have 100% resistance to everything with force speed and hydraulic overrides"?

I was going to copy and paste from Dulfy's Disciplines and Abilities Calculator to show you exactly what HO, force speed are and what kind of boosts they get from disciplines but you should do that yourself.

Yes, again, MANY other classes get FULL immunity to movement impairments, look it up yourself. The funny thing is, operatives can be stopped their roll is not a movement impairment immunity ability. If you stun or impair their movement (snare), they cannot roll. They have to break the impairment before rolling!

Yes, it's annoying trying to stop operatives in huttball, but it's just as annoying trying to stop PTs, Sorcs, Sins, Juggs etc., and honestly these other classes are arguably even more powerful avoiding CC now than operatives.

You are salty over the fact an ops beat you in huttball, when any of these other classes are just as effective at scoring in huttball. This is really a L2P issue. Less exaggeration, and more L2P please.

The OP has a point. Movement buffs break huttball. HO, force speed + resil, HO... it's derpy simple.

Carrying the huttball should apply a hindrance debuff preventing movement buffs and bonuses (no leaps, no rolls, no speeds, no HOs -- think net with no dot). It would encourage positioning to throw and receive passes.

Operative roll is not 20 meters.

The OP has a point. Movement buffs break huttball. HO, force speed + resil, HO... it's derpy simple.

Carrying the huttball should apply a hindrance debuff preventing movement buffs and bonuses (no leaps, no rolls, no speeds, no HOs -- think net with no dot). It would encourage positioning to throw and receive passes.

No one would ever score if they snared the ball carrier, as it is the CC is too strong that's all the hinderance needed. As for positioning, and passing that should be a major component of any huttball game. I have no idea how or why you think it is not now.

Simple fix, you know the movement speed decrease you get when carrying the ball? Apply that debuff to the distance you can roll as agent or smuggler when ball carrying.

If you go to the fleet and stand on the railings behind the PVP terminals and roll while aiming at the small ledge across the gap, you land on the top ledge of that column, sorta shows what you can do when rolling off the edge of a ledge, probably not intended when they first implemented it.

I was also knocked back mid roll on my gunslinger the other day, never seen that happen before.

Edited by WannEras

You have no idea how bad it was during the Age of Infinite Roll

Don't take my insta goal away! Hide on top platform.. get thrown the ball.. roll off at an angle skipping the fire that's going on the lower platform without getting hit and scoring and going stealth to do it again! zero dmg top obj GG. <usually depends on team but its how it goes with the premades. Forever game is over within minutes! If you got a Sin just do the same with force speed works just as good. If its the stupid other huttball just give it to a PT and let them HO through everything!

The roll is annoying, sure, but it's not gamebreaking.

The roll in itself for sure. I'd even say that Hydraulic Override is even more of a nuisance.

What I dislike about the concealment operative roll though, is their 100% immunity to everything during that roll.

The roll in itself for sure. I'd even say that Hydraulic Override is even more of a nuisance.

What I dislike about the concealment operative roll though, is their 100% immunity to everything during that roll.

Omg gais, ops can finally live for a few seconds now under focus.

2 stronk lets nerf m8s

That roll happens to also be their primary defensive cooldown, as well as their only cooldown capable of protecting them against Yellow burst. Roll is perfectly fine, lrn2root.

Literally one of the dumbest threads ever. First off ops roll 12m. Secondly only ONE spec of ops gets resistance on a roll and that's concealment. Also if we were to nerf all movement with the ball, it would be near impossible to score. It would also make marauders even more useless.

Huttball losses are due to class it's due to player coordination fail. Remember PvP is a team effort.

Literally one of the dumbest threads ever. First off ops roll 12m. Secondly only ONE spec of ops gets resistance on a roll and that's concealment. Also if we were to nerf all movement with the ball, it would be near impossible to score. It would also make marauders even more useless.

Huttball losses are due to class it's due to player coordination fail. Remember PvP is a team effort.

It's not the ability itself per say, it's that when executed from the height of the platforms on the right angle the trajectory carries the person pretty much to the goal line i.e. they go farther than intended.

Keep meaning to give this a try on my own Op to see if it's reality or just optical illusion lag.....when I've seen it executed it appears like the Op goes from platform to goal line, but then they also sorta snap back to the lower ramp at which point, I imagine, they're executing a second roll.