shoud i do or do not as vanguard tactic using tank gear as dps?

KumbayaGOD

as per title said i have been leveling my vanguard tactics dps to level 59 from level 55 and soon ding 60

i know that now i use dps gear to do pvp but is it wise to use tank gear as dps especially if we want to do rank pvp ? or it is useless and just go with dps gear

so with extra absorption and damage mitigation would benefit more or not, sure i may lose dps but it is very tanky and live longer while still doing decent damage

just wondering have anyone tried this before ? or this is stupid idea :p

as per title said i have been leveling my vanguard tactics dps to level 59 from level 55 and soon ding 60

i know that now i use dps gear to do pvp but is it wise to use tank gear as dps especially if we want to do rank pvp ? or it is useless and just go with dps gear

so with extra absorption and damage mitigation would benefit more or not, sure i may lose dps but it is very tanky and live longer while still doing decent damage

u talking about skanktanking in ranked? And asking for it?

if you're going to skank tank (dps spec in tank gear) then you must use ion cell and guard to be effective. however, you will hamper yourself if you get into a solo match that already has a tank. just something to take into consideration. Edited by Ursus-SUON

u talking about skanktanking in ranked? And asking for it?

not exactly skank tanking. just stacking mitigation. doesn't sound like he is planning on running ion cylinder.

in theory its not a terrible idea. you would probably be better off just running high endurance dps set, so you aren't completely throwing out power/surge on all your pieces.

Edited by Jimmajamma

Probably would be better off in dps gear with Fortitude augments/stim if you are wanting to live a little longer without sacrificing too much dps. A lot of ppl do this with other classes and can be helpful if you are using the utility where shoulder cannon heals you for 8% per stack used. You could also min/max your gear with the high endurance mods over the high power or high aim ones.

edit:** 8% of your total health**

Edited by raidlegend

It's not a good idea to use shield and absorb stats if you're not going to use a shield generator and ion cylinder.

-If you don't use a shield gen those shield and absorb stats are completely and entirely wasted.

-If you use a shield but aren't in ion cyl you lose +15% shield. Quick napkin math, that would make your shield chance with level 60 tank gear about 15-20 % (it's around 30-35% for tank specs with pvp gear). You'd lose far too much dps to make this worth it.

-Okay you will use a shield and ion cyl while in tactics. Well there goes most of your dps procs because you won't be in the right cyl to proc them.

At this point you'd be better off speccing as a tank, use a shield, but everything else use dps gear. Bolster will give you free tank stats (because you're specced as a tank) and you'd still retain most of your dps stats to boot. Or you can do what was already suggested and pump your endurance instead (which I'd say is the way to go if you want to stay playing tactics but feel a bit more beefy)

Edited by Ridickilis