Companion Convo Time Limits???

Lightrider

Anyone else think the time limits on talking to your companion are extremely lame? I'm level 40 now and just realized that I've been missing out on a ton of conversations because I didn't go back to my ship in time.

If there is some sort of time limit, or limit to the number of quests you can go forward with before they'll stop talking to you, shouldn't the game tell us this? Until now, I was assuming that these conversations would be ready at any time when I go my ship.

If I've misinterpreted how this system works, feel free to enlighten me :)

Anyone else think the time limits on talking to your companion are extremely lame? I'm level 40 now and just realized that I've been missing out on a ton of conversations because I didn't go back to my ship in time.

If there is some sort of time limit, or limit to the number of quests you can go forward with before they'll stop talking to you, shouldn't the game tell us this? Until now, I was assuming that these conversations would be ready at any time when I go my ship.

If I've misinterpreted how this system works, feel free to enlighten me :)

It's just bugged. Quite often a companion will signal that they wish to talk to you when they don't. Sometimes they are level gated so you will get to a point in your story and they will have tons of things to say suddenly. You probably didn't miss any.

If you see the little icon showing that your companion wants to talk to you, just right click on your companion. If they say something like "I need to talk to you", then you can go talk to them, it will never time out. Otherwise, if they don't say something along those lines, then it's just a display bug, they won't talk to you. Edited by Stevoli

If you see the little icon showing that your companion wants to talk to you, just right click on your companion. If they say something like "I need to talk to you", then you can go talk to them, it will never time out. Otherwise, if they don't say something along those lines, then it's just a display bug, they won't talk to you.

Lots of helpful responses, thanks all.. I wasn't aware of the bug..

However, at level 39, my companion said they wanted to talk to me at my ship - and kept saying it for many hours, over several play sessions. But when I hit 40, he didn't want to talk anymore, and said nothing when I went to my ship.

However, at level 39, my companion said they wanted to talk to me at my ship - and kept saying it for many hours, over several play sessions. But when I hit 40, he didn't want to talk anymore, and said nothing when I went to my ship.

It's possible that you may have lost favor points with your companion. The quests pop up at certain intervals, you may have lost enough favor to make the quest go away somewhere in between 39 and 40.

It's possible that you may have lost favor points with your companion. The quests pop up at certain intervals, you may have lost enough favor to make the quest go away somewhere in between 39 and 40.

Ok, you might be right.. I'll see if it comes back later.. Thanks!

You companion unsubbed. He was tired of feeling like a solo grinder.

Apparently it's working as intended when you have 6 one line conversations w/your companion. Who knew? :eek:

I agree that it's messed up currently, it seems like they didn't expect us to have that much favor with our companions until much later in the game.

Perfect example, after completing chapter 1, I got about 15 companion quests in a row, the last one ended with a level 39 quest, and I'm only level 33.

Apparently I wasn't supposed to have 6k favor until around level 40.

There is no timelimit as far as I know, they will all queue up. There is however a bug where a companion will say they want to talk to you, when they don't.

The general rule of thumb is if the avatar has the symbol saying they want to talk to you, if you click on them, and they say normal stuff, rather than they need to talk to you in private, it's a bug, and not to worry. However, if they say they need to speak to you, it's real, so go find a cantina or get on your ship. I've never put off the conversation more than a couple of quests worth of time, so have no idea if there is a time limit.