Consular PvE low DPS and other issues?

Innocences

This thread is old, and some things have changed, but balance shadows do good damage. You need to learn to play. The sims showed Balance Shadows at the top of the list in base campaign gear (although sentinels/marauders weren't tested).

http://www.simulationcraft.org/swtor/130/Raid_Campaign.html

It's still the best PvE spec for Shadows and does damage at least as good as anything a Sage can put out.

This particular simulation is done with the base campaign gear of each class, this means that some classes will be more optimised than others. You cannot judge the comparative dps this way. Also it seems that a concealment operative does nearly 50 more dps than a scrapper scoundrel, despite being identical classes

Marksman snipers do 200 more dps than sharpshooter gunslingers??????

Please stop using this Sim to try compare dps

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for this ever so insightful and helpful post. This is exactly the kind of learned discourse that really helps the community to grow.

[/sarcasm]

If I'm doing it worng, that suggests there's something very wrong with the game mechanics. There should never be a predfined set way to play in an mmo like this, there's even less excuse when the player is bombarded with so many skills. Seriously this is the worst game I've ever seen for excess skill baggage.

Rather than just spouting unhelpful, arrogant garbage, perhaps you could instead perhaps point out what rotatations in a prolonged fight might better handle resources?

Unfortunately the only guides that are availble are somewhat out of date.

You sound like a very bad player who instead of actually learning his class, lashes out at anyone and everyone. "It's everyone's fault but mine" won't get you far in life, even less further in an MMO. You want suggestions? Go play Hello Kitty's Adventure Island.

Edited by Twolightsabers

this is probably the most false thing ive ever seen on the forums. lets start witha list of AC'sthat DPS higher.

focus sentinal

watchman sentinal

gunnary commando

assault commando

balance sage

TK sage

hybrid sage

sharpshooter gunslinger

and some more that may as well be higher.

infil shadows

vigilance guardians

focus guardians

assault vanguards

My main is a Shadow and we ARE siverely subpar as DPS. this is fact..

Hahahah, you literally have no idea what you are doing, do you?

Infil shadows are most definitely not higher than balance, guardians will never be higher, neither will vanguards, or sages. Sents and commandos are highly dependent on who is playing them (although the commando rotation is piss easy).

I agree with the previous post, you have no idea what the word 'Fact' means do you?

Hahahah, you literally have no idea what you are doing, do you?

Infil shadows are most definitely not higher than balance, guardians will never be higher, neither will vanguards, or sages. Sents and commandos are highly dependent on who is playing them (although the commando rotation is piss easy).

I agree with the previous post, you have no idea what the word 'Fact' means do you?

in my guild alone we have two sages that parse give or take 2k DPS on the ops dummy without adrenals, armour debuffs, or inspiration or anything)

and i have never seen a shadow hit 2k even in prime gear and played well the best ive seen was 1750

as far as vanguards I have seen over 1850 from people who play them as alts in just campaign gear...

in my guild alone we have two sages that parse give or take 2k DPS on the ops dummy without adrenals, armour debuffs, or inspiration or anything)

and i have never seen a shadow hit 2k even in prime gear and played well the best ive seen was 1750

as far as vanguards I have seen over 1850 from people who play them as alts in just campaign gear...

After 5 minutes of searching for Shadow dps parses:

http://www.torparse.com/a/80855/9

1807 Writhing Horror

http://www.torparse.com/a/80633/7

2381 Kephess

And this was uploads in the last 24 hours. If I spent more time I could find a number of Ops dummy parses.

Just because you've never seen anyone that actually knows how to play a Shadow dps, doesn't mean there aren't plenty of other players who can do it.