Numerous stars on Star Wars EPI 7.

LadyKulvax

Here are some varied replies on opportunities for Star Wars altogether, ranging from Jason Statham to Joss Whedon.

The WWE Champion The Rock wants a role in the sequel trilogy as he revealed he used to collect two types of action figures G.I Joe and Star Wars, thought he admits he used to steal them.

Who would you see the blockbuster wrestler star as? I would say a veteran clone trooper, he looks enough like a Clone to me.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entertainment/music/dwayne-johnson-eyes-up-stars-wars-role-as-director-jj-abrams-takes-on-franchise/story-e6freeuu-1226597438323

Edited by LadyKulvax

I love the Rock. But him in star wars? I would need selling on it.

Same here.

I'm old enough to remember Arnold Schwarzenegger in his prime in the 80's and early 90's, and the last thing I would have wanted, would have been to see him in this type of role, too over the top. Dwayne and Arnold's careers are very similar.

Edited by Pirana

Same here.

I'm old enough to remember Arnold Schwarzenegger in his prime in the 80's and early 90's, and the last thing I would have wanted, would have been to see him in this type of role, too over the top. Dwayne and Arnold's careers are very similar.

My biggest concern would be (a friend pointed this out) is that The Rock literally takes over a movie. Either with his charisma, confidence or what have you, when Rock is on screen, it is ALL about the Rock. This is a good thing with most of his style of movies, but would he be able to tone it down for Star Wars?

I swear to god if this turns into the expendables in space, just a hodge-podge of famous actors, I won't even bother watching it cynically drunk.

****, if The Rock is in it at all I probably won't bother watching it.

I think its bad enough they want all the original actors to return past their prime just for the sake of nostalgia. You know maybe one or two of em could make a cameo but its getting kind of ridiculous sounding like the movie is just gonna be all the old actors talking about the good times while sitting around in a retirement home.

The movie needs to be focused around new characters, played by relatively fresh actors who's faces haven't become too familiarized in the industry.

I swear to god if this turns into the expendables in space, just a hodge-podge of famous actors, I won't even bother watching it cynically drunk.

Sorry brother. I have to do this.

Edited by TheBBP

I think its bad enough they want all the original actors to return past their prime just for the sake of nostalgia. You know maybe one or two of em could make a cameo but its getting kind of ridiculous sounding like the movie is just gonna be all the old actors talking about the good times while sitting around in a retirement home.

The movie needs to be focused around new characters, played by relatively fresh actors who's faces haven't become too familiarized in the industry.

It has previously been hinted that they would play their parts for passing down the torch, this isn't the Pensioner Wars.

lol, you're silly.

I hope they add the Rock and Jason Statham. JS should be the main protagonist.

Eric Roberts as the leader of the Imperial Remnant. Mickey Rourke as a Sith Lord in waiting. And for good measure, Stone Cold Steve Austin as a heavy for the Hutts.

Lol, the Rock can't act. Period.

He is gonna be Hercules in the new Hercules movie....<< but...seeing as the movie is gonna be close to the comic Thracian Wars it could do well. Though remember Beni, different strokes for different folks, The Rock is "meh" for me...so shall see how he does.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

He is gonna be Hercules in the new Hercules movie....<< but...seeing as the movie is gonna be close to the comic Thracian Wars it could do well. Though remember Beni, different strokes for different folks.
All I'm saying is most of the films he has been in have been poor, and of the few films I have seen him it his acting has left much to be desired.

I'd think Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson would be a sort of mercenary/Bounty Hunter/ Trooper veteran. He'll be the guy who saves the heroes, then gives his life letting them escape. I doubt he'll go without a lead role though, so I wouldn't expect to actually see him in the trilogy. (We all know mega-stars don't tend to enjoy dying in their movies.)

--Jaceiy