"Rakata" stim is becoming equal to "Energized" stim

Mirialol

Energized = 126 rating items

Exotech = 136 rating items

Rakata = 140 rating items

But then read this:

Rakata reusable stims and adrenals have been reduced in power, providing buffs equal to Energized stims and adrenals.

What the F*CK bioware? why the fck are u nerfing biochem if you arent nerfing all other professions? Our stims and adrenals take ALLOYS to make just like all other profession's Rakata items.

All the biochems spent money leveling the professions and farming hard modes for alloys like ALL OTHER CREW SKILLS. If ours get nerfed, why arent other crafting profession's "Rakata" BOP armors are staying 140 rating? Nerf those and make them 126 rating armors TOO then

Apparently bioware devs fail at simple math and cannot perceive that 126 =/= 140

http://www.idt.mdh.se/~icc/principia.gif

Edited by Mirialol

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not to mention biochem is one of worst professions to make money with. artifice etc can make far more money crafting high level mods / enhancement and selling them.

i would never roll biochem on any of my PVE toon. Us biochems already made enough sacrifices by becoming poor. you want to nerf us more?

reusable?

Pretty sure that I, as a non-biochem, have to buy 20+ medpacs, 6 stims, 30 odd adrenals per week. Now, as biochem you could sell them to me, while you simply use your reusable ones and make a ton of credits.

OR

you could come onto the forums and av a little cry.

So we can't sell our reuseable stuff, ok I get that, kinda breaks the economy because everyone would just buy that.

But knocking the power of our stuff down too, come on. Did you guys hire some Congressional economist to help wreck stuff? At least only knock our best items down to the tier below and make them reuseable.

While you are at it, you might as well make the Cybertech ship equipment BOP too since you already have their speeders that way.

reusable?

Pretty sure that I, as a non-biochem, have to buy 20+ medpacs, 6 stims, 30 odd adrenals per week. Now, as biochem you could sell them to me, while you simply use your reusable ones and make a ton of credits.

OR

you could come onto the forums and av a little cry.

Must be nice to be a biochem on your server. Cuz on my server none of that isht sells.

You know the perks of Biochem. You know the perks (lol) of other crew skills. You made a choice not to pick Biochem, so you suffer from having to buy consumables.

I don't see the issue.

As for choice, yes it's fairly obvious what is viable. That can easily be changed if they actually revamped the skill req/BoP items for the other crew skills.

Hell for Artifice or Armstech, perhaps you can make different color crystals available only to them with a higher rating than normal. I could see that selling alone.

For the armor crafters, give them a couple uniform suits or perhaps a method of dying a particular armor, such that the synthweaver could dye his own armor whatever color (provided it's light armor and for force users, etc.)

You know, crap like that. People eat it up.

Edited by SodaOfYoda

Its funny you know. You have 2 perks from biochem.

1. You have the best possible stims

2. They are reusable.

Bioware is taking 1 of them away to bring them inline with the others. Artifice have rakata relics that u can chuck an augment slot in, Synthweavers and Armourmech can craft rakata belts and bracers with augment slots.

The thing which makes the other crafting professions so attractive, is you can get these rakata items from a HM flashpoint. You dont have to do a HM Operation and hope that your class' belt / bracers drop and that you get it.

However once you are doing all the HM every week, their perk gets less attractive, because all you get is an augment slot. Once you get gear from raids etc, the only thing you're really spending money on is consumables.

Biochem had it too good for too long, and now that its getting balanced you're having a cry about it.

I lol'd

i demand refund on money and time it too to level biochem and the alloys, so i can level another profession

So, if rakata stims had the 1.1.2 stats right from the game launch, you would NOT have chosen biochem for your profession?

Edited by Sharee

Here's a summary of [Crafting] Crew Skills for Patch 1.1.2. This is with respect to gameplay and is not concerned with the profitability of the professions.

Synthweaving/Armormech: Crit'd Rakata Wrist & Belt. No profession-lock on equipping, so you can unlearn afterwards.

Artifice/Armstech: Crit'd Relic. No profession-lock on equipping, so you can unlearn afterwards.

Biochem: Useless. Only benefit is reusability of consumables.

Cybertech: Contains the only unique, profession-locked item (grenades).

Edited by Alwaysx

Its funny you know. You have 2 perks from biochem.

1. You have the best possible stims

2. They are reusable.

Bioware is taking 1 of them away to bring them inline with the others. Artifice have rakata relics that u can chuck an augment slot in, Synthweavers and Armourmech can craft rakata belts and bracers with augment slots.

No. They are taking both. Reusable stims are crap now and you have to use single-use ones for min-maxing. Those single-use ones are now tradable. So no advantage except of no cost at farm content.

Artifice/Armstech: Crit'd Relic. No profession-lock on equipping, so you can unlearn afterwards.

No, armstech has nothing as far as I know. I unlearned this profession because you have no epic recipes, no bind-on-pickup items, just NOTHING.

Edited by Enurian

not to mention biochem is one of worst professions to make money with.

You and me use a medpack (that costs X credits on the GTN for me, and is reusable for you).

Me:

* have to replace it for X credits, hesitate to use it unless Im sure I need it

You:

* does NOT have to replace it for X credits, can spam it whenever off cooldown

* can sell me a medpack for X credits.

After having used N medpacks, the difference between you and me is that I am -N*X credits lost, and you have at least N*X credits saved, plus N*X credits earned.

So the net difference between you and me is at least 3*N*X credits. That is the amount of credits that you can spend on gear and mods that I cannot. Thus you have "made" that much money off your profession.

No. They are taking both. Reusable stims are crap now and you have to use single-use ones for min-maxing. Those single-use ones are now tradable. So no advantage except of no cost at farm content.

No, armstech has nothing as far as I know. I unlearned this profession because you have no epic recipes, no bind-on-pickup items, just NOTHING.

You're right, I accidentally grouped Artifice and Armstech together thinking they worked hand-in-hand like Armormech and Synthweaving. But yes. Armstech < Biochem < Artifice < S/A < Cybertech at the moment.

You're right, I accidentally grouped Artifice and Armstech together thinking they worked hand-in-hand like Armormech and Synthweaving. But yes. Armstech < Biochem < Artifice < S/A < Cybertech at the moment.

actually i disagree a bit

Armstech - true - useless

Biochem - even after the Nerf still the best crewskill around - if your an PVE endgame player (The dropped Biochem Recipies are now worth something!) - for PvP depends on your cash stockpile but still useful.

Artifice - apart from Augment Relics not that usefull atm (make and relearn)

S/A- same as artifice

Cybertech - ok but not that good after the grenade nerf.

as far as the Biochem nerf goes in general:

imo the only way to go - was just unreasobale before, seeing as the dropped Raid-Recipies were worse than vendor bought ones...

if this nerf is going through, i also want all other rakata crafted armors from other professions to be downgraded to 126

it is only fair

Sure, and then add loot to drop tables and commendation vendors for reusable stims/adrenals and medpacs that are better than the consumables made by Biochem...

You do want balance right?:rolleyes:

Must be nice to be a biochem on your server. Cuz on my server none of that isht sells.

Cause everyone else rolled biochem... Think about it. Why would they do that?

What would happen to your ability to actually sell biochem stuff if everyone else was not better off just picking up biochem? hmmm?

actually i disagree a bit

Armstech - true - useless

Biochem - even after the Nerf still the best crewskill around - if your an PVE endgame player (The dropped Biochem Recipies are now worth something!) - for PvP depends on your cash stockpile but still useful.

Artifice - apart from Augment Relics not that usefull atm (make and relearn)

S/A- same as artifice

Cybertech - ok but not that good after the grenade nerf.

as far as the Biochem nerf goes in general:

imo the only way to go - was just unreasobale before, seeing as the dropped Raid-Recipies were worse than vendor bought ones...

I was talking merely about min/maxing. Biochem will be the most cost-efficient/practical profession, but if you truly care about optimizing your stats, then it wouldn't be the way to go as before. Previously, Biochem was the most practical AND the most efficient profession, but now that they took out one of these factors, you're finally given a choice on practicality vs optimality.

However, we really would have to wait on the availability of Exotech consumables in the GTN and how the prices fare.

Edited by Alwaysx