The real way to fix regular warzones.

gofortheko

I am not making a list for you, I have already stated my reasoning for it, and how it will help everyone involved that is not a premade. If youre too lazy to bother to read my threads, then I certainly wont waste time summerizing it for you.

So someone who would like to debate this with you, and is asking for a very neat list of points so there can be no confusion over context (which can be caused in replies/walls of text), and you refuse to do so. Then how can anyone take you serious?

Even if somehow making a list of points is um... too hard? I'm not sure how that's hard but... okay... even if making a list is to hard, you then did not respond to my 5 listed direct questions.

Shall I summarize the only conclussion I can draw from this? You have no points, accurate data, or relevant facts, and are simply having a tantrum.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me whatever you want, I know when all is said and done I am in the top 3 of damage or healing in every warzone I am in. Sometimes its so bad in damage that I got like 100k more than the next person on my team. I am sick of being the only decent player or decently geared player on a team, gets boring and old when I am always the target for Focus Fire when imps realize who I am. The only time I "suck" is when I am playing my horribly geared shadow, of which I rarely do.

Honestly all those opposed to my idea are just too comfortable winning every match because they go against full pug pub teams. There is a noticable difference in play when you got a 4 man premade (Rainbow horses or something, I WAS LEGEND, OLD REPUBLIC, and a few other imp guilds who I manage to always get stuck fighting every warzone.)

There is no reason to oppose making regular WZs single que only, except by those who want to maintain their aura of superiority. Honestly if you are that pro, get 8 people together hit ranked and show us how awesome you are, instead of beating up on non vent having PUGs.

People who are opposed to your idea aren't having a breakdown over a video game. It's simply a stupid idea for an MMO. You're asking for the game to not allow people to play together unless they have 7 other people online that want to do the same thing. Why can't you see how idiotic that idea is? Don't you see how it's the opposite of what MMO's are about?

And you're still complaining that people are talking in an MMO... It's so unreal I'm starting to think you just made all this up. No one is really this whiny and misinformed.

Disallow groups, no duos, no trios, and no four man groups. But....but I wanna gwoup wit my fwiends! So what, go ranked then. Get 8 people and go ranked, leave regular WZs as PUG only.

How about you stop being bad, and maybe you too can win warzones while solo queueing. I win 33-50% of my solo queues, variances based on how terrible (or not) the DPS I get in my groups is.

Edited by islander

But then who's going to carry your sorry *** in WZs if not the 4 man premades?

Exactly.

If you can't win at least 1 of 3 solo queue WZ's, then the problem is as much 'you' as it is your team.

Although here's some advice for the OP (which is obv not you, Smash). When you load into the WZ, look at your teammates main stat/expertise levels. I do this regularly. If I see too many badly geared people (i.e. more then 2 really bads) I abandon the WZ before it even starts.

I,m tired of this argument and I dont care anymore if its changed or not.

however

I do struggle to understand why the so called l33t players, with their vent and min/maxed team set ups are so against letting people play a different way if they want to. No one is saying there should be no pre-mades, or trying to stop them playing their prefered way except for slightly limiting thier opportunity to face roll PuGs and noobs.

Why is it so important to you to face roll PuGs?

Why do you not want to play against similar team set-ups?

Not trolling, I just genuinely dont understand your childish mentatlity, the menbtality of the school yard bully i.e. anything to avoid as fair a fight/contest as possible.

Not sure if youre from POT5 but this is the case most of the time I que, its just a bunch of random qued people, most dont know anything about calling out.

How is a solo queue going to resolve this issue again? Here is your argument in simple terms:

A) Coordinated teams make it hard to win because the random people I get are terrible compared to me.

B) Take the coordinated teams out, so only random people are there.

A+B) The random people on my team suck, only put me in queue with random, sucky players.

For the record, I have nothing against PUGs and find they are a mix of good and bad players. Based on your recent posts you clearly think they are terrible and you carry the team all the time. So why would you want to be forced into a queue with just them again? I feel that you are trying to skew the queue in your favor so that you can do that facerolling that you claim premades are doing themselves atm. At least come up with a decent argument and stick to it if you're gonna troll everyone.

No one is saying there should be no pre-mades, or trying to stop them playing their prefered way except for slightly limiting thier opportunity to face roll PuGs and noobs.

You, at least, seem to have good intentions. However, this is exactly what the OP is asking for. Groups of 8 can do ranked, otherwise you solo queue.

however

I do struggle to understand why the so called l33t players, with their vent and min/maxed team set ups are so against letting people play a different way if they want to. No one is saying there should be no pre-mades, or trying to stop them playing their prefered way except for slightly limiting thier opportunity to face roll PuGs and noobs.

Why is it so important to you to face roll PuGs?Why do you not want to play against similar team set-ups?

Not trolling, I just genuinely dont understand your childish mentatlity, the menbtality of the school yard bully i.e. anything to avoid as fair a fight/contest as possible.

Because losing sucks, it pays less.

The whole even competition thing is supposed to be what rated are about. Except Biofail sucks at coding, so here we are, in the never ending pre-season 1 with only queueing as 8 as an option for rated. Oh, and no filtering based on team ratings.

PS: You'll also wait 3 times as long for a single warzone.

The better question you should ask, is why Bioware's coders suck, or, if you don't believe this, why did the geniuses choose this game engine, a freaking alpha, to write difficult to modify code in.

Because in the end, we should be WAY further along with rateds then we are. It's yet another failure of this company.

Edited by islander

however

Why is it so important to you to face roll PuGs?

Why do you not want to play against similar team set-ups?

There wouldn't be enough pops for PvP to survive in this game. Here is what the OP is asking for and it's impossible from a game architecture point of view.

1. Rated WZs - groups of 8

2. Grouped WZs - groups of 2-4

3. Solo Queue

1a. The problem is there are already too few groups of 8 doing Rated WZs. It's not easy having 8 people on in guild that want to spend all their time waiting for a queue to pop. I get too bored to do it anymore.

2a. There would be too few doing this so the pops would be slower than rated. Simple maths makes this an impossible model. If I queue with 2 people I'd have to wait for another group of 3 and a group of 2 (to reach a team of 8, and a pop). So would they only allow groups of 4 to queue? Well, you can see the problem there

Also guilds wouldn't be able to see new talent in WZs, there would be a lack of pvp guild recruiting.

The flexibility is the only way to make instanced pvp work. That's why it's so important (to me at least) that open world pvp comes back strong.

The problem of course is the assumption that Pre-Mades are inherently more skilled.

The last time I Que'd solo for an ACW Warzone my PUG team faced off against a 4-Man Guild Pre-Made.

Noticing this we immediately all quit......actually, no.

Another player and I immediately began broaching the topic of strategy.

We split the team into three groups; a Snow Defense Unit, a Center Defense Unit, and a mobile DPS unit. The weakest Expertise player was sent with our sole Tank to Snow while the rest of us rushed center.

When the inevitable Pre-Made push on Snow happened the two of us designated as mobile-DPS immediately shifted to Snow on first call of INC, intercepted the push, and with the aid of a respawn defender, held.

Then the Pre-Made pushed Center....rinse, repeat.

We won very a narrow victory (10-0) and it was one of the most entertaining games I have played.

The difference between a Pre-Made and a PUG is communication.

PUGs are not inherently bad players nor are Pre-Mades all EWH units. If you actually communicate with your team in the time you have before a match and get everyone onboard you can be competitive and win.

MMO

That means social game in which grouping is central to success.

Stop QQing about being rolled by Pre-Mades and actually start talking to the other players.

Seriously, I use text instructions all the time. More then most people. It's not hard. Even if it gets you killed a little quicker, saying 3-4 E while they are about to reach you can ultimately get people there in time. These games are about defending the nodes, not winning a duel.

Now if people don't listen, thats on them, not you. As someone who watches a node, it's your job to warn the team first, then defend it second. Trying to solo someone just because you can 80% of the time is worthless if you realize too late it'll be one of those '20%' where you lose. Calling for help when you are almost dead is worthless.

Edited by islander

I undertsnd your argument Chartermonkkent, but not the logic per se.

With ftp there will be a lot of fresh new players who will enter 50 pvp a year behind many of the existing players (including me) and with the bases loaded totally against them i.e. they will be undergeared, even if they pre-made it will be at a lower level, and inexperienced. A few days of being farmed will surely scare them away i.e. perpetuating low numbers and long queues.

The fact that there are currently insufficient numbers is surely a reason to change to an improved more motivating system, not a rationale to maintain the status quo?

Now I have many lvl 50's, and I play ranked, pre-mades and solo and I enjoy all of them, mainly because I have well geared characters i.e. Augmented WH, but I can understand how frustrating and soul destroying it can be for new players, and how daunting the gearing up seems to be (even if in reality it is not as bad as they think it will be)

There is no reason to oppose making regular WZs single que only, except by those who want to maintain their aura of superiority. Honestly if you are that pro, get 8 people together hit ranked and show us how awesome you are, instead of beating up on non vent having PUGs.

This alone shows you are not even listening and ignoring pretty much everything I've said... there is plenty of reasons to oppose it. I've stated them all in here and created a new thread itemizing them as well.

I know you're being very narrow minded because if you had read anything I said you would know that it's not because I want to roll PUGs... but I want to promote competitiveness. The idea promotes mediocracy. This is not good for the game.

Here's the summary of what I see wrong with the idea since you seemed to have missed it the first 10 times.

I undertsnd your argument Chartermonkkent, but not the logic per se.

With ftp there will be a lot of fresh new players who will enter 50 pvp a year behind many of the existing players (including me) and with the bases loaded totally against them i.e. they will be undergeared, even if they pre-made it will be at a lower level, and inexperienced. A few days of being farmed will surely scare them away i.e. perpetuating low numbers and long queues.

The fact that there are currently insufficient numbers is surely a reason to change to an improved more motivating system, not a rationale to maintain the status quo?

Now I have many lvl 50's, and I play ranked, pre-mades and solo and I enjoy all of them, mainly because I have well geared characters i.e. Augmented WH, but I can understand how frustrating and soul destroying it can be for new players, and how daunting the gearing up seems to be (even if in reality it is not as bad as they think it will be)

I don't see any population issues on my server in pvp or pve. Tying to queue for hardmode flashpoints as DPS can take 5-10min but that's about as bad as it gets.

I also don't think it's daunting to gear up a new 50. They just raised the WZ commendation cap a ton. I haven't done the math but it looks like a player can have 3-4 WH (that includes main hand/off hand) and at least 2 BM pieces at fresh 50. Augment those and you are between 17900-18500 health. Plenty of gear to be contribute in a WZ.

My first 50 was in greens and blues until I got lucky on a champ bag. They have already done a lot in this game to help fresh 50 pvpers. Can they do more? Sure can. Personally I'd rather there be no gear gaps at all, that will never happen (even tho that's what rated is supposed to be).